$20,000 Pack of Seeds?!

You don’t want clones from me at the moment, unless you want to get some pictures of powdery mildew. I did… now it keeps popping back up.

6 Likes

Is mendo montage no longer around or available to them? Ogkb is almost readily available.

2 Likes

If my memory is correct, it is not. They talked about it in the infamous and now removed episode of the potcast. They also seem to have had very limited seed from the original crosses.

2 Likes

Well then, I already have that seed run in mind hehe.

2 Likes

As the story goes… they lost most - if not all of their old work, after a certain brand named after a snack/dessert “snitched” on them (because they did not want to sell their company).

I’ve ran their old gear (it was a tester given to me by one of their testers), it was insane fire, but it threw banana’s.

5 Likes

Hmm just saw this. Have you tried @JoeCrowe approach with the pure sulfur?

I’m giving it a go. I haven’t seen it on my plants, but I received a clone that was infected, so Im treating all my plants as a precaution since it’s in my house. All blooming plants are now getting weekly canacontrol treatments until im sure it’s not spreading.
Though I keep bonsai moms, so it was easy to cut them back and cover them too to bottom and underneath every leaf.

4 Likes

It jumped directly onto flowering plants, so sulfer is a no-go. I knew I shouldn’t have brought a disease sample to my house, but I needed the pictures. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s what strain is your favorite, what grows best for you and smokes best too. I have 2 of my gg4xogk breeder pack seeds left. I’m about to pop them to become mother’s, all the rest from that pack I would have considered keepers, but my dumbass didn’t keep a mother going. I definitely think they have been my highest quality plants in a long time.

4 Likes

geez this is sad to hear

5 Likes

What, are you saying there wasn’t unique strains there before. Strains that breeders in the west have spent big bucks on trying to get hold of. Nothing unique in that strain sold for that silly price. The USA is full of that stuff, there is so much its going stale on the shelves.

4 Likes

You guys already have GOLD in Africa (not literally, but beautiful Landrace strains…) Just because they have been normalized in Africa does not mean other places in the world do not seek out those varietals.

7 Landrace Strains From Africa

It’s the same deal with other places like Indica, Himalaya’s (as Bodhi also has mentioned). They have such an amazing gene pool of landraces but they want the American Hype Fems. Preserve your gems!

7 Likes

… Man nothing surprises me anymore. NFTs are a joke too. Why is it that most of the people creating NFTs are already extremely well off? Ie celebrities, etc. Seems like an easy way to finesse money from people who are too dumb to know any better. Theres nothing that makes the Jpeg you have versus the one I have (an exact copy) any more valuable. It’s just that your dumbass spent a lot of money for them… same goes for these seeds. What a sucker the guy is who bought them…

And lastly SHAME on GGG for doing this, it’s so sad greed bleeding over and consuming the cannabis industry. Anyone with integrity should know better, especially with the amount of seed you can get off of a single plant.

1 Like

Gotta love this late stage capitalism and the extreme commodification of nonsense(nfts, crypto, data) great genetics produce great weed but only a fool pays more than $10 a seed.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, and everything is hanging by a damn thread… People need to pay attention to what’s behind the curtain, the money supply, quantitative easing, inflation, interest rates… Man it really makes me scared for what happens at the end of all of this.

2 Likes

@NIGHTMARE @DannyTerpintine I was being sarcastic. Thought it was funny that the guy who bought the seeds says he’s been interested in cannabis for 20 years yet thinks some GGG strains will put South Africa on the map. Though I can’t speak from the perspective of a South African and how they view their own cannabis. They definitely aren’t lacking anything imo.

5 Likes

Most I ever paid was for TGA subcool at over $100 a 5 pack, second most is $15 a bean for freakshow.

2 Likes

Big difference between paying a little more for something special and buying(or selling) a 10 pack of seeds for 20grand.

3 Likes

Seriously though.
Normally I hate paying more than $4 a seed.

2 Likes

Yeah that price 20,000 is crazy, now that freakshow never tried it but always wanted to, someday hope to get the chance too lol

1 Like

You need some freakshow in your life? Pm me.

1 Like