2020 Cannabis with Meesh

Sounds good, haven’t had any probs with snails on my girls yet , biggest prob is early rain & bud rot setting in.Had a few with rot that I had to chop early to save the rest.

1 Like

Meant to tell you guys, I have 114 1/2 pounds of minerals coming this year! I think it was only 80 lbs last year, but I didn’t amend the entire front and back yard. All of my regular garden planters are being amended as well as the 400 sq ft I will grow my cannabis in. Usually the amendment guy gives me the lowdown of each and every mineral, but as you know it’s a weird time with everyone working from home etc… that I didn’t get into it with him this year. I will let you know what’s in the mix when it shows. I got a complete packing list last year.

4 Likes

Me neither, never had a snail problem with cannabis. Other plants though. My biggest nemesis is the effing caterpillars! Wish those were as easy to rid as snails!

1 Like

Yeah we get a few green ones now & then,birds do a good job on them so I encourage birds in the garden with water & sometimes bird seed; but last time I put seeds out we got dozens of parrots that when they’re done with free seed they attack anything else near them, seem to like clipping flowers off just for fun!

1 Like

Funny, you mentioned that! I had a flock of wild parrots come back every day for a week and decimate my sunflowers. They got all my seeds. They are super bold too! Even my pitbull didn’t scare them off!

3 Likes

LOL Wow and I thought ours were agressive! I had same prob with birds on my sunflowers, had to cover them with shadecloth to stop them getting all of them.

For us it is the GD squirrels! These buggers are the size of large cats, they leap and snap the head off the stalk.
Every gardener has something that gets their goat. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So the question I see is - what bird eats those caterpillars and how do you attract them?

Great work on your garden!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Its the wasps up here that go for the caterpillars well more up north where my parents are, but yeah… then that’s another issue.

And was deer for my grandma eating her rose bushes and moose for my mom picking some of her planted trees bare

3 Likes

Bastards dig up my bulbs and raccoons aka trash pandas

If you find out let me know. I just chopped down like 5 trees. One was a macadamia nut tree, so I pretty much solved the squirrel issue. The cat does a good job of scaring off most birds. They’ll get my sprouts first thing in the morning at times, but they don’t seem to get my caterpillars. I have to spray the shit out those with BT and they are green so super camouflage.

4 Likes

I get wasps. The neighbor right behind me has a pool, they like water. I don’t think they are the right kind though. Don’t think they are parasitic. Just the standard yellow and black ones. They pollinate my flowers, but they kill my bees too. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I don’t get swarms though. That would be a problem! lol It’s fairly balanced out there with pollinators.

Right now, I’ve been really stoked cuz my lady bug and asian lady beetle population is really nice out there. Keeping a lot of those springtime pests down! I got something flying that’s munching my butterfly bush leaves though. Darn it!

4 Likes

Neem oil works best on leaf-eaters here…

2 Likes

Solitary bees might be the answer, but that needs a deeper dive to verify.
As I recall there are a bunch of cheap(ish) nest kits for them.
You could think of them as organic fighter drones patrolling your garden. That’s pretty cool when I think about it… :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna whip up a batch of Neem soon. I just hate the smell, so I procrastinate. It’s been really windy too

1 Like

This ones not too bad on the smell…IMG_8421

2 Likes

All wasps help… they can be a pain and a bit intimidating but they are extremely beneficial

Heres a pic i took last week with a wasp carrying a crapertillar … was flying around with it before settling on the table

10 Likes

Stainless has nickel in it but it’s not good to inhale any fumes except weed .

3 Likes

Alright, I’m super frustrated! Post office only delivered 3 of 5 boxes of my amendments. An entire 38lbs of minerals is missing along with a gallon of Cal/Mag and a gallon of Liquid fish. This stuff came really late. I guess I can figure out how to get the rest on Monday. In the meantime, this is the amendments I need according to the packing slip…

50 lbs - Carbonized Limestone
10 lbs - Geo-Cal (specialized mix)
20 lbs - ReMin (specialized mix)
5 lbs - Gypsum
5 lbs - Ammonium Sulfate
5lbs - Calcium Nitrate
1lb - Sea Solids aka Sea-90
2lbs - Kelp Meal
10lbs - Epsom Salts
5lbs - Transplant Formula (specialized mix)
1lb - Manganese Sulfate
0.25lbs - Copper Sulfate
0.13lbs - Solubor aka Sodium Borate

7 Likes

@Calyxander from what I can tell… GEO - Cal is some sort of Geological Calcium with the following analysis:

0.3N - .0.04P - 0.2K Calcium 19% and Mag 1%

ReMin is a mix with 9% Calcium and 0.5% Mag

Transplant formula is a mix with 0.53% N 6.08% Cal 0.47% Mag 0.002% Copper

3 Likes

Alright, Math quiz y’all. You’d think being an accountant I would have this but too much trash tv as of late…

How many pounds or ounces per square foot do I need? 1000 sq ft and 114.38 pounds of minerals

2 Likes

1000/114.38
8.74 pounds per square foot… Nope

114.38/1000
0.114 pound per square foot sounds better haha

Edit#5: that took 4 edits excluding this one🥴

6 Likes