2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

There are at least a couple of individuals that have indicated their willingness to support Sebring’s efforts stateside. Let that play out with some time for Sebring to respond to them. If it becomes time critical, then some alternate or temporary solutions can be imagined. It’s not the end of the world as there will be/are individuals available to support an effort either short term or longer term.

Packages crossing borders multiple times should be avoided. Details for participants should likewise be limited to the local distributor on a need to know basis.

Hugh stole as there was significant cash involved with group buys. It was elaborate and unexpected with a number of theories as to what actually happened. What happened with MOTR remains unknown but we do not see that as a theft situation.

37 Likes

I agree 100% with everything you said @Northern_Loki , thanks for your input, you as always are a guiding light.

14 Likes

I don’t want to stop anyone from doing what they like to do…but I would be so happy to hear this seed exchanges go to invitation only private messages…

6 Likes

While I can appreciate the topic going to PM for several reasons, all of these co-op seed runs were conducted “in the open” (not via PM threads or in the Private Lounge), just like this thread.

There were numerous seed runs, each with a hundred or more participants. A lot of people received their boxes, but a lot people haven’t. Knowing who to invite would be quite a significant task, and this thread is already allowing most of the interested members to receive updates and follow along.

15 Likes

I think its too much work for a single individual personally. Add on outside stressors and we’ll be burning through the NEXT Sebring who steps up to do the massive work as Sebring has done to this point. We’re all OG right? I am for a less centralized approach with distro handled by more people stepping up, which sounds like is happening as we speak. Obviously the same people doing seed runs shouldn’t have to also distro, but credit to anyone that steps up and does it. Maybe offer an Overgrow badge to people who distro a run since it seems that part is nearly as crucial as the seeds themselves. Only spitballing idears. I’m sure you old heads will figure this all out.

8 Likes

Are you talking about the co-op runs themselves or just the discussion happening here?

That one I can’t agree with. It certainly is important to have seeds distributed by someone but I can’t put distribution of seeds on the same level as a person spending months working through a seed run. Those people give up their time, space, money and effort for the community to earn that badge. A distributor badge perhaps but not an Overgrow badge. A good place to put suggestions like this would be this thread @Cbizzle

5 Likes

I’m speaking of all seed trades…

6 Likes

Fair point DD. A distro badge would be more appropriate.

1 Like

Don’t you already get a badge for it or just a co-op run?

:green_heart::seedling:

Well said @Purple-N-Hairy :fist:

2 Likes

Pay 11$, get a box full of seeds. Shipping in the US is 10$.
If you can’t pay 10$ for a BOX of seeds, then there should be a limited list for the indigent and the extra 1$ theoretically pays for them.

Donors should pre package their own seeds and send them to the Distributor, in turn creating less stress on them.
I feel it’s a privilege to have your seeds sent all around the country for others to enjoy. So doing the work to shuck and package your seeds should be a labor of love.

Biggest issue is trust. Trusting that someone won’t run off with money. Good luck :green_heart:

19 Likes

Ok, I have been reading this discussion since I came back, and from experience, I can say this.
I was what could be called a distributor on the big Veterans Giveaway last year. At the same time I was doing a seed run for Dragon Blood Hash Plant.
I was receiving huge amounts of seeds from donors and I can say over half of the seeds were in bulk form. They needed to be divided out between everyone that was signed up, and packaged.
I am assuming this is what my friend Sebring goes through on a constant basis. I had to secure all the shipping supplies, including a ton of coin flips and rubber washers. Plus the time to separate out all the different strains.
I’m sure mine was on a much smaller scale, but holy crap was it a lot of work for one person, plus I was paying attention to my baby girls.
I’m just asking for people to bear with Sebring. Just that job alone is a huge undertaking, without life’s little shit storms to get in the way. I’m sure when he gets in a right frame of mind, he will reach out and maybe even seek a little help. I do think it should be Sebring’s decision to select who he wants as a sidekick.

38 Likes

You earn one for completing a seed run, I don’t think it has to be a co-op specifically but a seed run for the community none the less.

I think that would really put a damper on the co-op runs but I know not everybody likes the co-ops. My personal idea about these co-ops is to pass seeds to all or at least those who sign up. Feel like making them private would mean invitation only and really defeat the purpose. Just my opinion.

HMMM, I am pretty sure that would kill many of the seed runs. I am guessing here but I would think the idea of a team effort came together to make it easier on those doing all the work to provide free beans to the world. While I agree it is a ton of work for a distributor I also think that if they don’t want to do it they would not volunteer. I have seen many talk about making things easier on the distributors who volunteered to take on the work load and while I appreciate that perspective I also think that we knew what we were signing up for when we took on the role.

12 Likes

DD I think this is incorrect. I never got a badge for the DBHP run. Don’t really care about badges anyways. Just saying!

10 Likes

Yeah, that might apply to growers who are sending out testers on a smaller scale. However, doing a preservation run and shipping to 150+ people all around the world is a completely different thing.

7 Likes

I am just gong by what the badge says bud. If there are specific rules around it than that would be something the team here would have to answer.

6 Likes

I’ll fix that up. Rule, in essence, is the documentation, completion, and distribution of a CO-OP style run. Which you’ve certainly accomplished. Thank you. Like most things, the badge request needs to brought to our attention since there are many things we need to track …

22 Likes

I currently work from home, running my own business. I live 3 minutes from my post office and have a TON of knowledge shipping parcels and packages. I have a decent amount of time on my hands most days. However, I understandably cannot be trusted because I’m still new. Also, I don’t live in a legal state FOR GROWING but cannabis seeds are 100% legal. If I was in a legal state, and had some time under my belt, I’d be more than happy to step up to the plate and be a distributor for the U.S. until a better candidate is selected.

9 Likes

I suggested once all co-op, auctions, trades and giveaways going to the Private Lounge to be off radar, that would solve any possible issue, but won’t insist … frech|nullxnull

7 Likes

@George1961 After all this time we finally agree on something…there is hope for us yet…

11 Likes