Everybody loves seed runs – but what about those cases where you make a few hundred seeds, or just have some extras of something you want to share. This is the place for you!
The pass-it-along program is intended to facilitate sharing, and distribute the burden across a peer-to-peer network.
- You inform the thread that you have something to offer as a provider
- Any member Trust Level 2 or higher can request your offer
- As a provider you work out the details between you and interested parties, sending extras to each recipient
- In participating as a recipient, you are also agreeing to spread the extras that you have negotiated with the provider
- Expect that future requests may be referred to you for that item
- Recipients may “pass along” extra packs to their recipients
- When possible, use packing that can be sent with a stamped envelope. Tell your recipients if this is not possible!
- If you have received extras, do not ask someone to trade you for them. The implicit rule is to “freely give as you have freely received”.
- Quantities should be negotiated ahead of time. As a rule of thumb, people receiving should not feel obligated to accept more than about 4, but terms are decided between participants
- If you build a poor reputation as a 1-way street, you could face public shaming and rejection by members on the platform
- Publicly thank folks who pass-it-along, so we can stay apprised of who is a trusted participant
- We will be self-governing here, and if you are providing – it is voluntary and done at your own risk (I’m sure there will be takers from time to time, don’t put all your eggs in one basket)
I make some seeds of a strain called “Lefty’s Dank Ass Nugget”. I post here to let everyone know I am willing to send some to one or more people. Fred is interested. Fred posts that he is interested in Lefty’s Dank Ass Nugget. Lefty likes Fred’s post and proceeds to message him directly to work out the details, and Lefty sends 4 packs.
A month passes…
Jane has entered the chat. Jane says hey Lefty Those Dank Ass Nuggets look… dank! Lefty replies, “you should ask Fred, I think he might know something about that.” Jane sends a direct message to Fred, and they agree that he will pass-along 2 to her. Later, Jane publicly thanks Fred: “Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know, Fred is a great pal!”.
And that’s pretty much it. This is a rudimentary platform for sharing.