2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

I like how the person who is most vehemently for restricting seed runs to TL3 or higher has never done a seed run himself :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Not particularly. He already has help; there are distributors in other regions too. Splitting the US up into 4 regions and leaving Sebring as the central point isn’t full decentralization, assuming he comes back and is still invested enough to stay involved.

yeah can’t blanket rule seedruns to TL3. Most of the best runs are done by people that are only TL2.

Like Doug said, anyone can set any criteria they want whether making the seeds or accepting for distribution. No need to beat a dead horse nor fix what isn’t broken.

I like the 4-way US distribution idea.

8 Likes

@api312 , let’s not make this personal , that’s not how we do things here
Are you referring to me ?

Nope, I’m referring to @George

Nothing personal about what i said though, just pointing out some irony :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Perhaps it would be beneficial to get @LemonadeJoe’s opinion on moving Seed Runs and their affiliated discussion threads to the Private Lounge or to PM’s. After all, Overgrow exists due in great part to our web traffic, and new visitors and members are crucial to our long-term success as a community.

It’s no secret that quite a bit of new traffic and new members are finding Overgrow due to our efforts to “overgrow the world” with our generous seed sharing. One of the most popular and long-running threads is the Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 10).

See that “(Part 10)”? Yeah, that means we’ve maxed out 9 previous threads due to them reaching the 5,000 replies limit, and we’re not too far away from moving to Part 11. That’s nearly 50,000 replies within a FREE SEEDS & FREE CLONES thread. And the total views is much higher than the the total replies - almost 160,000! ALL OUT IN THE OPEN for 5 years now!

I’ve confessed numerous times that I’m not very intelligent, so I can’t understand why the sudden push by some people to move the seed runs to the private lounge or to PM threads while there’s not an equal, or even greater push to move the "FREE SEEDS & CLONES’ thread out of the public view. I mean, with a thread title like ‘FREE SEEDS…’, that gets a lot more attention than ‘Xxxx strain Seed Run’ from non-members who are lurking on the site or conducting Google searches.

Joe - are you able to easily capture the non-member traffic numbers generated by our Seed Runs and Free Seeds threads? If so, would it be safe to assume all of that traffic will disappear by “hiding” those threads? If so, what impact would that have on your relationships with current and prospective sponsors & advertisers?

Regarding distribution, the way Seed Runs currently operate is mostly efficient and successful. It needs to be tweaked, but it doesn’t need to be dismantled and rebuilt. If Sebring was operating as he normally does, this wouldn’t even be a discussion worth broaching. He’s done so much for so many of us, the least we can do is continue to be patient, and to find him the additional help he’s specifically asked for.

12 Likes

@api312 , you are singling out one person
And we not here for irony
: )

2 Likes

What I meant was have Sebring serving his time zone and having the other time zones covered by others. That way the man isn’t literally killing himself trying to distribute all those seeds all over the US. Like I said though, just a thought man.

Edit: I’ll edit my original time zone post to reflect that

2 Likes

Thanks for your opinion! I still believe my comment brings valid context to the conversation. Noting the people trying to limit the seed runs to only tl3 or higher aren’t the folks actually doing the seed runs seems like a very important nuance. But, I appreciate you don’t think that’s important :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

I can tell already, I really like this guy! :point_up_2:

3 Likes

ezgif-1-301e7fc763

ezgif-1-8edb839ee4

8 Likes

I’m sure that’s one arrangement that might work fine, depending on him. Maybe we should wait a little longer for him to get back, before we redesign the system and assign him a new job, though. :slight_smile: If he comes back, he should be able to tell everyone. If not, it’s a moot point.

3 Likes

Well the idea is out there for when he returns lol I just hope everything works out.

1 Like

this is not a server issue. Overgrow seed runs are not something mods or the site are involved in.

3 Likes

Your pretty close on that statement…I forgot most of joes response about how seeds run will be ran.

1 Like

If you refer to me the answer is easy: it’s illegal to grow in my country and I have no idea on breeding, I try to contribute and give back while helping other people with their sick plant problems and occasionally being the EU distributor …

@Swe-can, @Vertebrata, @MikeM, @Gaz29, @Johhnybsmokin, did you receive the Fall Box seeds? People is saying system works fine but it doesn’t. Free seeds thread can keep where it is, no one has talked about moving it upper, the rest as there is money and seeds concerned it is safer to move it off radar, just for security reasons not to piss off anybody.

I know clicks and visits are important to maintain the site, perhaps those who cannot visit, read and contribute more often can have a “special TL3 perpetual status”, also those who have made a seed run, if they become contributors, like russian oligarchs that buy a golden VISA in the UK by investing a lot of money or buying a big house, happens also here in Spain.

That zone dividing in the US is a great idea, we should start to put in practice some good tips that have been posted here … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Look :eyes: everyone has their own opinions - but the seed runs aren’t ‘broken’ ~ So no need for the different scenarios.
I think That’s what @DougDawson is trying to say too .?!

IMHO I think it’s only someone else from the US that’s needed to have @Sebring ’s back if he’s struggling still …?!
Other than that I have no problems with the way it IS …

Happy growing peeps’ …
Gaz. :facepunch:

9 Likes

Reminder:

PLEASE STOP TAGGING SEBRING by using his “@”. Just use his name. He already has more notifications than any 10 people can handle - it’s not helping!

9 Likes

No worries! I wasn’t trying to call you out for not having done a seed run (heck, i haven’t either, that would be extremely hypocritical of me!)

That said, it seems odd that you, being someone who never plans on doing a seed run, feels so strongly about limiting others’ ability to help those who may not have TL3. Not to be cynical but, it comes off as greedy to me.

1 Like

Remember in the past days MomOnTheRun was the HUB and Sebring US distributor. When MOTR sadly disappeared he took both jobs. My guess is he could keep the HUB and delegate in 4 US distributors. He would keep record of sign in and payments on his site, sending all that data to distributors once “cooked” and seeds in bulk so the hard dividing, packing and shipping duty would be distributors task.

This is something to be proposed to Sebring if accepted as idea and would be a great help for him, just my two cents …

5 Likes