2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

So much OG love!

8 Likes

Yeah I was just confused myself, so was trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong lol.

3 Likes

Based of the number of packs and the numbers on the sign-up which strains got mailed to you for Cad?

5 Likes

This is still my first rodeo, so I’m a bit confused as to what exactly qualifies something as a co-op run or not… are there certain strains that do and don’t qualify? Does it just mean announcing beforehand that it’s a co-op run, or placing it in the seed co-op forum? Who decides these things? I’m genuinely a bit in the dark here, not really sure how I’d go about doing a co-op run in the future if I want to.

4 Likes

So far as I know nothing has been mailed yet nor has Sebring reached out to let me know anything. I know my second load of a couple thousand PPP made it to Sebring so I am happy about that. Even at 15 seeds per spoonful that should still make another 133 packs. I am guessing he will start sending out soon. Going by his last update above he has been working real hard getting these all together so I have not reached out to him, last thing he needs is another PM I am thinking. He will let me know when stuff starts moving I would imagine.

10 Likes

Hey bud, give this a read.

4 Likes

Same, glad you asked that. I just want to do things the right way so as to not cause undo problems, and being fairly new here Im still learning. Appologies in advance if I do. Lol

2 Likes

Holy crap! I had no idea the boxes would be this loaded!
Does anyone know how the strains without signups are to be handled?
Or do they all actually have signups and I missed them? LOL. (HIGHly possible)

7 Likes

I have posed that very question to @sebring on this thread but have seen no response so I have no idea. I know @G-paS was saying he will just include them in the fall box but I still don’t understand that. Include them to who? Will it be just USA? Nothing like a little mystery in ones life :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m going to interject here that you are limiting runs and that it says instead ‘rare’ So if someone is making seeds of Acapulco Gold, Mendobreath or Fruity Pebbles doesn’t mean we can’t do a seed run.

10 Likes

Absolutely. Just because a run does not fall under the guidelines of a co-op does not mean the seed run cannot be done. Also no reason it cannot be distributed in with the co-op boxes. I highly recommend everyone reads the co-op seed run page I linked above as there is a bunch of info in there.

10 Likes

Honestly guys, if you have a question, Doug covered it. God bless his patience.

Literally everyone wait until you hear the words “ok go” from Sebring. I know we’re all excited, and it’s a lot to read. Lol.

15 Likes

Basic guidelines for seed increases are for ‘out of production’ cultivars. That is, cultivars not currently for sale by the originator or after receiving a thumbs-up from them. This differs from crosses or worked lines, land race stock, etc. On occasion, questions or concerns pop-up late in the process since it’s not always clear what’s active, what’s a worked line, etc. For something that is current and active or, if not certain, please reach out to TeamOG to discuss before hand.

Not everything can be distilled in a black and white manner. There is a desire, though, to balance between being respectful to the originator/breeder when running seed increases.

Guidelines we’ve been following are mostly based on Bodhi’s comments and past discussion on the forum. Here is the reference to Bodhi’s comments, which are fairly liberal, to give you an better idea:

20 Likes

Thank bud I read it. Ill get the hang of things .

4 Likes

Thanks Loki, I love reading that info from Bohdi, seems like a really cool guy.

6 Likes

@Dirtron is correct Doug. The boxes are not meant to distribute other seeds.
:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

Yes, he is echoing what was written by MOTR, that’s why I posted the link. Not sure why I responded to myself as it was meant to respond to @Cormoran

4 Likes

Lol, Sorry Doug, Just to clarify on yours: those are overflow from your PPP run from earlier in the year, correct? The reason I ask is because I have specific mental note logged about those packs, because my stoned ass didn’t get on the initial signup for the official co-op run somehow, so I’ve been hoping to get on one of said overflow packs from Sebring because I really want the pure PPP line eventually, (but like I said was asleep at the wheel when it was go time on those originally). Just asking for my own clarity’s sake. Also, putting 2 and 2 together, seems like the distro method is yet undetermined on those? I’m assuming Sebring will make a ‘go’ post or something similar, once he’s ready to field everyone’s addy’s and such for the boxes to be sent out, and we can add $2 for a pack of those to our donation for the Fall/winter box. But didn’t know if he was gonna just add those to certain boxes as a ‘gratis’, as seems like might be happening with the Night Terror OG (don’t quote me on that)? This is my first box-season where there seems to be a couple overflow packs floating around in Sebring-verse if i’m paying attention, so was wondering if you had a line/guidance on that front. But, at the end of the day: all good things in all good time, as always…so, que será será…

Edit; reading back up, it seems you don’t know either, so, don’t mind me :joy:

6 Likes

Hey @gratefulned , so I can answer your questions. No I don’t know when things will start rolling but Sebring is working hard in the background as you can see by his list of prepared packs. The second batch I sent him was just due to me not realizing how he made the seed packs. I counted all the seeds I sent to him but ended up short on the list as his packs will be around 15 seeds and I had counted on 10. This was my error. So it looked like he would be short for around 13 people, the second batch covers those people who signed up plus should have over 100 extra packs if my math was more accurate. I would imagine you will see the extras put on his seed site once the fall boxes are done. Because this was a co-op run and those getting them will be making the $2 donation to the server fund I doubt you will see them just added as a bonus for some as it would not be fair to all those who signed up and paid the donation. There are plenty of extras though and they will be made available at a point so no worries on that.

7 Likes

Oh, ok right on thanks for the info. That’s kind of you to provide a suPPPlement :sweat_smile: Absolutely, happy to donate when the time comes, of course. I’ll be around to see when this all goes down :crossed_fingers: Thanks again for your work north of the border with all this

5 Likes