36 Watts or Bust!

That was an experiment years ago just to see if it would work, it did so…cheap as chips hahaha
I’ve spent within my limits can’t fit anything expensive in my space anyways…A lil bit smoke will do me :slight_smile:

Plus the fact I owe loads out for my gadgets :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah any light will grow something mate. Being thrifty isn’t such a bad thing. I’m still thinking about a solar powered pond pump for an outdoor run in March. Should be a fun experiment for us :laughing:

3 Likes

Don’t even need a pump now mate check out the Kratky method.
That’s what I’m gonna be doing next :wink:

Gonna grow loads this year I still have loads of veg seeds from last year. Just need to get on and sort the plot out.

Look up Jeb Gardener on youtube
He’s fucking mint! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah stagnant water is not a good thing mate. I can see water changes happening too often using that method. I’ll stick with the solar air pump and an auto flower :+1:
My compost heap is full so we will have to rotor in into the old soil. Mid March I’ll sort the prep work out

2 Likes

There won’t be any stagnant water though.
The plant drinks it then you fill it up. You leave a gap for oxygen and the plant puts out roots that suck the air. Why you gotta be so pessimistic about everything :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Prep work? Just pull old plants out then we run tiller backand forth, will be done in 10 mins :wink:

2 Likes

You got a filter in there?

1 Like

There is a concrete path about 1ft under the soil I have to dig out. Come next month work will slow down so I’ll have more time to be able to get out and dig it up. Then we’ll run the tiller through it all. I want the soil as loose as possible as deep as possible and mix in the compost from my compost bin and let it settle for a month or two.

2 Likes

The plant don’t really care if it’s upside down or not, so you can have the root’s above the canopy.

Look at the Omega garden, also NASA did some interresting studies on plants and root’s growth.
There is some interresting reads if you google Tropism and Gravitropism, if you wanna know more about this.

Omega garden have a interresting design, but I like it more simple now days. Less moving parts, less trouble :wink:

4 Likes

A little off topic, but I used to live two blocks away from their office/factory in Vancouver off Marine Dr. almost 20 years ago. In fact that was the time I was most active on the old Overgrow. Pretty awesome idea; I would stop by the showroom regularly and watch it rotate slowly, chat with the bored office guy and have coffee.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane @Palindrome. They moved to the Vancouver Island now, so I haven’t seen them in years.

2 Likes

Lets see, I’m on the 4th day of flower now, and yeah they haven’t really stretched but they are doing so! I’m going to need to get serious about training here in a bit. I’ve removed all the blocks elevating the pot to get it closer to the lights at this point. Right now this is it in terms of growing height.

Doulove, the last time I was holding I had about a half an ounce, that lasted me almost three months, I wouldn’t know what to do with a pound lol! (I’d make brownies lol). I’m hoping I can at least get close to a half ounce or a bit more with this cabinet. I’ll probably upgrade to a tent, as this is a bit cramped and constrained.

Here is yesterday and today:

6 Likes

Looking good :slight_smile:
Sorry about spamming your thread earlier too :wink:

1 Like

3 months? Lucky :sweat_smile: 14g last me a week at best now. Sometimes just a day depending on my needs.
Treasure this time and keep it for as long as you can

1 Like

A fkn day :hushed: your needs must involve getting absolutely spangled :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I wish, but no. Sometimes I get snapped sober from pain, so I end up consuming as much as it takes on bad days. I haven’t gotten stoned properly in months

1 Like

even though early, read up on those training techniques, as come about week 2-3 i expect for you to see some stretching.

Looking healthy so far :wink:

The most i got out of my smaller pc i use to run was 56g, It was pretty packed mind you.

4 Likes

Happy new year all!

It’s getting a bit big, I’m kinda regretting repotting it. I’m definitely at that “We’re gonna need a bigger boat” stage now yikes!

6 Likes

You could tie the branches down to the outside of that plastic tub you’re using to help keep it low or even fasten the line to the front holes to the right on your pc.

2 Likes

I’ve done it more than once… keep up with daily training and try and keep everything even, you should just make it. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

So did you up pot after your switch to bloom?? It’s only a small grow area. Throw a net in and scrog her down as she stretches.

3 Likes

OK so last night I trained it I think. It really looks more like someone hit it with a broom for a minute than anything else.

I noticed one of the stalks ripped almost completely away from the main stem, so it’s literally hanging on by a thread. :astonished: I finally figured out what LITFA means so I think I’ll just do that instead of bandaging the thing.

4 Likes