3x3 light recommendations - taking advantage of the Black Friday madness

Hand currently hovering over the “purchase” button on the HLG

3 Likes

pulled the trigger guys, went with the 300L, just couldn’t be that price and after a little time with a measuring tape inside the tent i think its gonna be just the ticket. i wanna thank all of you for taking the time to drop opinions here and help me out. im always having trouble making a decision about just about anything, so its helpful to just bounce ideas around for a while like this.

4 Likes

You made a VERY smart choice buying the 300L
Growers Choice would be my second choice.

You are going to have fun + have great results

1 Like

By way of conclusion to this saga the 300 showed up last night:

Hung it up and threw it on full blast. She bright!!

It’ll be after the holidays till i get a run going under this thing but I’ll swing by to report on the performance once I got that going to sort of round out this thread for anyone else who might be looking for a 3x3 light. Thank you again to everyone who swung by to share their thoughts and opinions. Appreciate all of you

8 Likes

Going to kill it with that light! l absolutely love my hlg 600r I’m sure the 300 will do great things too!

1 Like

It’s been a while since you got this light.
I have a 3x3 and am interested in how you like this light and what your opinion on it is.
I’ve been looking at a few lights and narrowed it down to this and the Viparspectra KS3000.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey @Blackbeard so far I’m really loving it, I’m at like day 50 of flower with it and the plants seem to love it. I was pleasantly surprised how well it got the 3x3 space. The biggest reason I was considering the bar style lights was to really maximize the light’s footprint. I was a little skeptical of the QB style but the overall size is actually well spread out in a 3x3 space. I would highly recommend this thing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @LegsMahoney
Do the plants stretch more than normal due to the extra intensity of the red spectrum?

Gheesh, who knew deciding on a light would be so mind bending. Ive been researching for about a week now. I totally get your saga now. Lol.

It’s down to the HLG 300L respec or the Viparspectra ks3000.

3 Likes

I haven’t really run the thing long enough to say definitively if they’re stretching more, especially considering this first run under it is kind of a pheno hunt/small seed increase of a new variety. I had one pheno throw out some significant stretch, and the other two not, but given that I think that might be in the genetics maybe I can tentatively say “no” to seeing extra stretch due to the spectrum, but probably need to run some more familiar stuff before I could say that with any real kind of certainty.

That was a long walk for a short drink of water to basically say “I don’t really know.” Wake and bake got me :grin::v:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer and the help on my crazy light journey. Good luck on your pheno hunt/seed increase. I’m glad you like the light and hope you enjoy many great harvests with it. Ahhh nothing better than wake and bake. nice and relaxing. :grinning: :v:

2 Likes

Good luck to you too many friend, hope you end up with something you’re happy with

1 Like

Thank you and thanks for your help.