3x3 flower light

I’ve got a nice 3x3 I’ve just been vegging in. Pretty underused right now. Lights are “ok” but not for flower. I have to smaller lights cobbled together. I have an Infinity T4. Other fans. Just need a decent light for flowering.
It will be mostly a veg tent still, but need to be able to put the right amount of light to flower.
Recommendations appreciated. @SmokinJoeMGF you still the HLG man?

Thanks.

12 Likes

I have an older mars FC3000. great light, going on 2yrs.

1 Like

So far I’m happy with my King LED 2000w (200w actual output) with 5 plants in 3gallon in my 3x3.
It worked great for veg. Even with what this light is proving to do, I feel I need more wattage for flowering.

After buying the 200w, I realized 300 -340w is the recommended minimum flowering wattage based on tent sq.ft.

In the future I’ll most likely get the 400w version for flowering only and use the 200w for veg.
Hope this helps. :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

315 CMH in 4200 K

good for veg, also makes great flowers.

2 Likes

Good info. I know what Google says. I’m more interested in what’s said here.

2 Likes

Yup, I got ya brutha. Check out the blackbird. It’s a pimpass light for a 3x3

4 Likes

I’ve got the mars hydro fc 3000. The fce 3000 seems to have lower output but it will save you some money. Growers choice makes an roi fixture that low wattage (like 3 or 400) dimable and is supposed to be the step up from Mars,spider farmers, and other budget lights. It’s abit over powered for a 3x3 but it will allow you to move up after a few grows if you want.

4 Likes

You will want 200 to 300 watts of high-efficiency LED, 315w CMH, or 500-watt HPS.

A few suggestions for research

Spider Farmer SE-3000
Mars Hydro FC-3000 or FC-E3000
Ipower for HPS
Photontek sq300w pro led
NanoLux 315w CMH

6 Likes

I’ll send a DM.

I would throw an HLG Blackbird in there. I got one I am going to use in a 3x3 Gorilla next winter. Plus HLG UVA30 Bar bolts right to it.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t stretch my budjet on an all singing all dancing over powered main light

I’d think of side lighting too then with money saved

In a 3x3 light penetration from side lighting would be good

Like turning your 3x3 productive canopy to a 5x5 kind of , regarding light exposure/ penetration area

5 Likes

I’ve been very happy with my HLG 350 R spec for flowering in my 3x3

7 Likes

That is a nice LED. :100:

2 Likes

That’s what I want next for my 3x3.

@ifish raises a good point with his post as well.

My 3x3 currently running 2x HLG100 Rspec and 2x 65w autocobs. With Ifish suggestion I could save a few $$.

4 Likes

And produce more bud in a 3x3 tent : )
Whist not useing more watts maybe like if all up top with high power light

Being able to change direction angle and spectrum thru out the different stages , be great to to play with : )

We controll it all indoors , everything is up for grabs , always pushing : )

3 Likes

I agree on the side lighting concept. I have access to some LED strips my buddy was using that worked well. Talked with him about it for my 4x4. “If” I got something along the line of the Blackbird, then I have a solid backup light for the 4x4.

1 Like

Growers choice “Roi” line has some pretty good lights. As of right now, it’s the only line I’ll be using for the foreseeable future. They’re on the pricey side, but well worth the money

1 Like

$265 in the cart, not a ton of lights designed for a 3x3 but this would be perfect for getting right down to the canopy with:

Or maybe these:

$288 in the cart

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/collections/nextlight-led-grow-lights/products/nextlight-420h

Other good options with available codes (always try CCFC, check the link at the bottom and you’ll understand):

This is $85 shipped so $170 for 300w, but you’d have to order them one at a time and the light overlap would be a little gnarly, I think. But, best deal per watt I’ve found, got one showing up Wednesday to try and see if I want to get more and daisy chain them, use the Amazon coupon then code DRMJCOCOPRO:

Some bar lights that would work pretty nice just like that Aray:

$235 after CCFC10

$255 after CCFC

5 Likes

The migro one would be nice , especially if you could lengthen the wires and drop the two outter lights or angle them into corners come w5 maybe

4 Likes

The blackbird is the best bang for the buck IMHO. The rspec isn’t really intended for veg although it will work. The blackbirds were designed with veg and flower intentions, all in one type light. They are currently out of stock because they are waiting for a shipment of diodes from Samsung.
Here’s the specs if anyone is interested

2 Likes