$300 Amazon Gift Card Burning a Hole - Looking For Best LED To Use It On

So the title says it all. I literally have a $300 Amazon gift card and have been wanting to try an LED grow light to put in a 2x5 closet, mostly for breeding. I thought this would be a good use of the gift card AND ease my way into LED lighting.

Yes, I know there are other places to get quality LED lights that Amazon doesn’t carry, and perhaps I will try those vendors in the future. For this purchase, I want to stay as close as possible to the $300 target. Oh, I also have a $3 Amazon gift card from a survey I recently completed, so technically, I have $303 to spend without touching my personal finances.

For this purchase, I won’t include any sales tax, and it seems most lights come with free shipping. I’m also willing to go a bit over my target amount if the light justifies it.

From my recent research (like, an hour earlier today), I started leaning towards the Spider Farmer SF2000 for $300. It comes with quality diodes and driver, which I know is important. Here it is:

Anyone agree that this is a good choice? If you have one and have an opinion, I’d love to hear it. If you have a better suggestion, please tell me about it, and if possible, link the listing.

Thanks for looking!

9 Likes

I have nothing but good things to say about mars hydro products

5 Likes

Thanks, @Foreigner. I was looking at their rectangular one, designed for a 4x2 space. I was torn between that one and the SF-2000.

2 Likes

I have the tsl2000 in a 2x4 and on my best run it yielded over a pound. Yes, a pound with the right genetics.

There are other options but from me to you, mars hydro.

4 Likes

Miejiu Is Something I would look at when it comes to cheap led

2 Likes

Thanks for that “real world” endorsement. I mean, the gram/watt for those results is outFUCKINGstanding!

@Swe-can, I just did a search on Amazon using that brand. I didn’t see it. If you can link the one you suggest, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

3 Likes

That’s why I’d get. LM301B + meanwell driver. :+1: Cheers!

2 Likes

Sorry my bad !! only on Alibaba!! But their 320w is nice and worth the price

@Purple-N-Hairy

1 Like

lol…does Alibaba take Amazon gift cards? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Bro…

If I was to go LEDs
This one because you can add and it’s best for all spectrums.

If you dont like it I’ll trade you a 1000w and 600w
With parts LEDs/ fans etc and $50.

This is on my bucket list if I was buying again or could trade.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks @anon11359186!

BTW - did you notice the light I linked in my first post? Sometimes, 2 great minds…are like 2 ships passing in the night :grin:

2 Likes

I do now… but the samsung leds better
This one you can add panels so long term use plus dimmable.

I’d buy one right now if I didnt have tons of lights and more space.

Maybe I’ll order it too :shushing_face::rofl:

1 Like

I contemplated a SpiderFarmer SF4000 for my 5x5 flower tent, but ended up going with two SF2000s. I’m happy with that decision. I’ve only had them a few months, but have been pleased with the couple crops I’ve brought to harvest.

4 Likes

Excellent! Good to hear, @BarefootAndBlazed! Have you had any noise issues if/when you’ve dimmed the lights?

3 Likes

The only downside i see for the spider farmer units is the waterproof glue shit they coat the entire led board in. Anything that light has to pass through lessens its intensity. Same concept as a sealed hood with a glass panel. Other then that they seem to be on point.

3 Likes

Horticulture Lighting Group makes really nice gear for the price (just did a big install), and you can then tune your w/sqft exactly, plus they sell on amazon. You can also of course buy drivers on there.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks @8k_feet. I’m certainly aware of HLG, and during the time I spent doing my research on the products they currently have on Amazon, there are 3 that fall within my budget. In fact, they are inexpensive enough that I can get 2 or 3. They are:

Does anyone have input on these specific lights from personal knowledge or experience?

2 Likes

I think you’re going to want a dimmable driver. I use the dimmers on my lights all the time… I’d have pretty big complaints with fixed output.

2 Likes

Thanks, @lefthandseeds. I considered dimming one of the “nice to have” features, which is one of the reasons I was leaning toward the SF-2000. Would you say dimming is a “must have”?

2 Likes

For me, yea. Maybe someone else here will chime in, but I’m frequently measuring at the canopy with a lux meter and making adjustments. You could raise and lower your lights instead, but that’s a pain in the ass, and sometimes you just don’t have much room with tall plants.

4 Likes