Best LED for flowering 3' x 3' area

I got some great info on my recent post about tents so thought I’d reach out on some advice for a good LED for my flowering tent. I’ve researched a lot but I know technology is changing very quickly on LED lighting. I’m running a HLG 100 in my veg tent and I’m very happy with it. But I know it’s not nearly good enough for flowering. I was going to flower with a 315 CMH, but decided I’d like to try LED to reduce heat in the tent. I’ll be running a 3’ x 3’ flood and drain system. Need some recommendations on a good LED to cover that. I’m not really looking for massive yields. I’ll be just growing for myself, and my son, and making some seeds in the process. Any suggestions on the latest and greatest would be really appreciated. I’d like to keep the cost under $400 to keep the wifey happy with my hobby lol…

8 Likes

@nefrella just posted 2 hlg 100’s for sale at 1/2 price of retail. That may help you light up your space!

6 Likes

Thanks MidwestMover. Have you used these for flowering?

2 Likes

Check these out, the 2 of them would be perfect and @nefrella just posted them.

2 Likes

I’ve got the 4 packs of 120’s and 132’s. I’ve used those which are about 240-280 watts in a 2x4.

3 Likes

Your gonna want to check the color spectrum on those hlg 100s. I believe they are more of a veg spectrum light. I could be wrong though.

3 Likes

Yes, this is the information I need. I’m really not up to speed on all this technology. I ran MH and HPS for years and years. I’ve been running CMH for a few years now and really happy with them for my needs now.

3 Likes

Sorry bud, I just messaged her and they are 4k veg lights. My apologies. That said 2 new ones in a flower spectrum are still under your $400 budget. Also if you go that route use the RIU10 coupon code to get 10% off.
Edit: Here is a link to the version with flowering spectrum.

2 Likes

That’s interesting Doug. I just checked the one I have and it’s 3k. So maybe I should order another one of those, and a 4k to replace that one in the veg tent. Although the plants really like the one I have in the veg tent.

2 Likes

@Howard.Crane do you use the 4K’s to flower with.

1 Like

Well you’re in luck!! I just ordered one myself lol…

6 Likes

You guys should check out hygrow on ebay. He builds comparable lights to hlg using top bin diodes sourced from samsung and hlg-ab drivers from meanwell. For a much better cost then hlg. And he makes the right here in the states.

5 Likes

That’s one I have open in Amazon as we speak haha…

1 Like

Order it direct, trust me. Warranty issues.

2 Likes

Kingbrite on alibaba makes the exact lights hlg does for half the price. I’m running one of their 320w fixtures now. Paid 180 with shipping.

1 Like

They have a lot of different lights with different options ( wattage Kelvin diming ability IR/UV. )

Don’t forget to use the RIU10 coupon for the 10% off.

1 Like

Too late lolol

1 Like

The hygrow lights are the shit! He is also on etsy and fb. They got all my business from. Here on… its not a knock of!! Its the real deal.

2 Likes

I’m also wanting to set up a 3x3 for flower and was looking for a single LED unit

2 Likes