Across the 8th Dimension

Update, the hedge is doing pretty good, the tallest one is now 23”, Some of them are getting grumpy though, just about time for a transplant

17 Likes

This Black Jack grew horizontally from the center of the pot…hit the side and dished up vertical, I think the root tied itself in a knot earlier in life, causing this. Pretty neat, like a pinball or something :thinking:

12 Likes

Update, still waiting for my soil to come in, the hedge is pretty root bound, their a little grumpy but their hanging in there,the taller ones are 29”

20 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: I am hoping for you it is soon.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks G-paS, I’m hoping you’re weather starts cooperating for you :crossed_fingers:happy 4:20 :grin:

3 Likes

I wound up sexing and culling the males from my reg plants yesterday, Blueberry quest went 12 girls and 8 boys. Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry went 2 girls and 4 boys. Pretty happy about the BBQ ratio.

5 Likes

As a side note, the Lemonhoko Blueberry Bx3 line has tendencies of the males auto flowering when root bound I’ve heard, apparently so does the AKBB- BBM x VBB, because 2 of mine did it, but no signs of it in the Blueberry Quest males, I’m pretty happy about that.

2 Likes

Update, transplant to 3-1/2 gal complete, standing room only for a couple more weeks, their a little worse for the wear but they’ll be ok :+1: next stop… greenhouse :sunglasses:

9 Likes

They were super root bound :grimacing:

11 Likes

My neighbor who took the Blueberry bx3 and the AKBB - BBM x VBB out to his property for breeding had the used pots sitting on the side of his house,

had a bunch of volunteers pop up, no water and freezing nights here, this cluster is heading back out for desert breeding again this season, they should be pretty well acclimated to the high desert after that :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Thriving like a true weed! Impressive.

3 Likes

They seem pretty hearty so far, I’m very pleased. :blush:

3 Likes

Update, I can hardly squeeze my big ass in there to water, tallest one is 35”

20 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:….

Oh mith lol

3 Likes

Everything is looking nice and healthy in there @buckaroobonsai looks great

3 Likes

What is the square root of this plant! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Update, the tallest one is 42”, can’t wait to get these outside, still a little too cold here though.

12 Likes

Update, so after waiting 2 months, my soil came in… I gotta start making my own.

13 Likes

You can have almost a bathtub full of soil every 3 months.
And you can have multiple bathtubs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Horese manure is great to feed to the worms as well and just about any horse owner will give it to you for free. :+1:

Covercrops and companion plants are also very interesting for desert gardens, essential!
Buckwheat, clover, chamomille, vetch, etc.

Good ole Geoff Lawton may also be of interest:

2 Likes

Great info :pray:……

2 Likes