Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

PC3
Just had a hard trim and about 22” from soil level. Don’t know how much it stretches so flip it a tad early and I document that for next grow if I can let it get taller next time.

7 Likes

They have some repro at SeedBay right now done by MadMac.

3 Likes

you know, out of all marijuana I have smoked, I do not believe I have smoked a true good haze. what is it like?? i am excited to get some plants going

yes it is… when I grew it for first time at 2009, I sent picture to Sam the Skunkman. and asked him about if it is haze. he confirmed it. Tom Hill stated it comes from 4 packs of original haze he bought from Positronics, and Tom Hill stated it is thai dominant few times. now sure why would he lie? as it is was not expensive somehow, and it was not the best seller hehehe, as there are not many folks who would like to grow pure sativa with shitty yeild. Tom Hill was not cashing on seeds imo, he was not seedbank, just small private breeder. all his lines were pure, deep chunk, x18 or pine tar kush. I grew his deep chunk x haze aka monkey haze, which contains deep chunk and I can say it was quite different to his haze line.

but anyway, even it is not “pure haze” the most important is how it smokes, and I like how it is electric and energetic, and mainly trippy! while all those other haze selections seem to me to have floating dreamy high with typical space out effect, blissful but not dynamic. I found toms haze more fun. of course, there are a lot of mediocre plants, there are those nice hazes, and then you can find that unusual pheno and that is weed which is something else, and no other weed is comparable to it… in effect. it is same with all those pure sativa lines like malawi gold or golden thai, if you grow enough of it, you will find it in the end.

I have no clue how to upload pic here. so I cant show you how much sativa it looks…

14 Likes

Jtoucans might have some left, zen house gardens was selling it for a damn good price too but he kinda up n disappeared so i dont know. I will say on the bright side a lot of people are growing it, but knowing people most of those people are just immediately going to cross it to something n not preserve it but its out there. Also tom hills haze is supposedly haze 19 from postitronics, but between the phenos where the whole plant basically turns purple etc there is a little bit of doubt its 100% pure (also i swear i saw an old postitronics catalog scan n it listed the flowering time of haze 19 at like 12-15 weeks, which dont seem right either but :man_shrugging:)
All that being said, still a great line to have n it is definitely around for the time being

1 Like

@Emeraldgreen Honestly I was just so stoked to win the clone, because I rarely win stuff, I didn’t even think about reaching out for Elvis, lol. I haven’t seen Elvis on his clone list for recent events so I’m hoping he can still get it or has it, because he was talking very highly about it and it made me really want it, lol. I’m definitely interested to see how yours turns out, I’m obviously running soil and she got pretty big in there. I can only imagine her in coco with Jacks. Definitely tag me if/when you post pics of her.

@RedRock Thanks man! I’m hoping my second round will be better, but I’m thinking it’ll take a few more rounds to figure her out.

1 Like

I still need to get her back myself

1 Like

This summer my focus is on Metal Haze - three ways

1. Metal Haze - Bodhi’s Dutch Flowers Preservation F3

1. Metal Haze x Flo - Flo is DJ Shorts Floral Line

1. IC (Metal Haze x C99) x Shiatsu (Japanese Landrace)

23 Likes

I’m so waiting for a metal haze co-op run :pray:

6 Likes

More Metal Haze - starting their journey

18 Likes

Piff Coast Farms Uptown Purps, (2) Doc D Sour Diesel x A5/Thai Bx2, Oni Chem T haze, Old school Chronic SSH “Catpiss” BX2 male and a Piffcoast Farms Midnight Mass 6 days after flip to 12/12

17 Likes

Haze haze everyday…

33 Likes

Keep us updated on the Midnight Mass! I just got a pack of that over 420

3 Likes

I’m not the best about uploading my grows but I’ll try to update regularly, really excited to see these PCF genetics get flowered out

2 Likes

I grew the shiatsu myself and it’s a interesting strain. I grew out several girls and there was only two distinct pheno, both identical in growth some were very piney like a Xmas tree type pine, the other ones smelled of burnt rubber and body odor to the point it made the whole house uninhabitable for a moment. giant sativa type plants that finish in around 9 weeks. I crossed the shiatsu to a Durban male and the one I’ve grown from the cross was 15ft tall in a 25 gallon pot and finished in roughly ten.

1 Like

I’ve super stoked for both iron cindy x shiatsu and straight up shiatsu - they have been on my mind for years - this summer is the start !

The ones I am growing have the characteristic of the leaves getting thinner as the plant grows - a very landrace trait

thanks for sharing your experience - I’d be really pleased with vanilla / pine terps

1 Like

I have a Quicksilver plant from Snowhigh I’m flowering now. It is Iron Cindy(C99xMetal Haze)x(C99xAculpulcoGold) does it count as a haze?

3 Likes

Pics ? That sounds great !

1 Like

I’ll snap some fresh photos in a bit. Just starting to bloom. I’ve been documenting it on this thread about my basement. Garden-Buddy's Basement

1 Like

What makes something a “Haze”? I’ve heard it is a strain created by crossing several landrace genetics, which ones? Who did the breeding? I’ve heard skunkman Sam say he put out Columbia n haze that he got from “the haze brothers” did he make the strain? or just work the line? How do modern "Hazes compare to the original haze whatever that is? Tell me about the haze high, what are haze flavors like? Are there any resources you could point me to? Whoopsy if this has already been talked about somewhere in this thread.

4 Likes