Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Mikey knows. There were no words about it… It is not profound though. It’s, just, not. That is the reality of NYC piff. What.

Ladyboys over on up in there to the right. Men will be on the left discussing things of import.

I shit you not, that’s haze

1 Like

Very different to all that Haze 19 derived stuff …

I wonder which year Haze bros bred affie into the mix :thinking:

Sam always be leaving out the best parts :joy:

That pic shows the worst of the commercial imports in the 70s. That pic caused many to think the weed from the 70s was of poor quality. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Back then most didn’t have access to the best quality. Those that did rarely sold any of it.

5 Likes

@hammerheadgenetics is right look at these old photos from some of our book collecting grower friends:

Haze Brothers OHaze and other classics from Lawrence Cherniak’s books:

@buckaroobonsai admins a huge reference thread here that’s well worth a read, he is a notable collector along with @Ukbookcollector @Sbeanonnamellow and others, that is probably the worst image I see regularly circulated from that era

12 Likes

Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. When we think of the past it’s the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that.

2 Likes

Coming from people who smoked in the 70’s, they just told me quote" it was 1.Thai 2.gold Columbian & 3. acapulco gold, that they mainly smoked, hash was real popular esp. The hash oil. Shit was good and sticky, leafier & some even came to you on a stick & you’d get like a zip of seeds per QP. Edit: also green Columbian in that 2. spot along with gold & the hash oil usually was black.

4 Likes

I was growing/smoking in the 70s. Hash was always nice but was not as popular as flowers in the USA Cali. Most of what we smoked was Homegorwn from seeds found. We could not rely on quality imported weed showing up every time so we grew our own…All everyone grew were longer flowering Sativas.

9 Likes

Interesting View
More on “The History” from earlier

Originating millions of years ago, Cannabis has become one of the most familiar plants in the entire world. Here’s how it got from a humble weed to everyone’s favorite, well…weed. #Medicine #Plants #WorldHistory Origins of Cannabis | 0:00 Human cultivation | 1:31 Chinese use | 2:56 2,500 years ago | 4:11 Cannabis spreads | 5:27 Hindu incorporation | 6:35 Islam and cannabis | 7:43 The Vikings | 8:54 Brought to the New World | 10:02 Mexican immigration | 11:05 Youth culture in America | 12:23 Escalating the war on drugs | 13:26 Medical use revisited | 14:40 The future is bright | 15:56

. for the Article…

Hapi Hapi Joy joy

5 Likes

The flower was definitely more available than the hash they said.

1 Like

Sativas dont have the same bag appeal as modern lines do and bag appeal dont automatically equal smoke quality.

I would rather smoke the things we had in the 70s and 80s to that of the modern lines.

Hash and Thai sticks were around set times of year and the rest of the year we only had flower pre the indoor revaluation.

California and other parts of the US were like Australia were Europe main staple was Hash.

3 Likes

This, right here. The anti-cannabis idiots say “This isn’t your grandfather’s pot”. And that’s true enough because the Thai, Colombian Gold, Afghan Hashish, Vietnamese, Hawaiian, Jamaican etc. I got in the 70s blew away anything new out there. Today it’s about flavor, back then, it was about the high.

8 Likes

Bit the the UK anti-cannabis idiots that say Skunk will send you mad Yea maybe when it herms on you threw a grow.

I honestly thought most of what we grew smoked in the 70s 80s was still available when i logged online in the late 90s but i was to be disappointed.

I spent the last few decades trying to collect what i could but also telling people to do the same and preserve what they still had.

5 Likes

I had a Durban Poison in late '81 while in college and DAYUM! It was almost as trippy as some mescaline we got from an Organic Chemistry graduate student. You can imagine my horror at the Dutchified “Durban Poison” I got in the mid 90s.

3 Likes

We got some Durban Poison around 80 it had this purple hue threw the stem and flower it was very tripy to and then years later i grew the Mel Frank / Sam version once not even in the same league as the real one.

I know exactly what you thought when you smoked the dutch version lol.

4 Likes

I think it’s the Cheese that does it over the in UK. It sent me to a dark dark place. With cuts with names like suicide and psychosis I think that says it all.

2 Likes

Yep, the stuff you get today definitely isn’t your grandfather’s weed. LOL

They base their fearmongering on the trash commercial crap that always floats around during prohibition. The bourbon you get today destroys just about most of what was called Bourbon in 1930. That’s because what they called Bourbon in 1930 was watered down moonshine with iodine added for color and a bit of formaldehyde for bite. Just like most of what you get today is better than the ditch weed brown Lumbo that every dealer had during the ehight of cannabis prohibition.

2 Likes

I never had that experience with any cannabis mate and most Sk i thought was crap but a few threw the years i rated highly one being the red haired SK and a Sk line i got threw a close friend and that line hands down is the strongest SK i ever came across.

2 Likes

I never came across any bad Colombian to be honest here but i always preferred the Thai for its high over most and i think the handling of the plants after harvest by some back in the day could have impacted the quality a great deal of the end product.

I knew a guy that collected Durban from Durban in the 70s he was still growing it up until he passed away last year.

4 Likes