Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Interesting View
More on “The History” from earlier

Originating millions of years ago, Cannabis has become one of the most familiar plants in the entire world. Here’s how it got from a humble weed to everyone’s favorite, well…weed. #Medicine #Plants #WorldHistory Origins of Cannabis | 0:00 Human cultivation | 1:31 Chinese use | 2:56 2,500 years ago | 4:11 Cannabis spreads | 5:27 Hindu incorporation | 6:35 Islam and cannabis | 7:43 The Vikings | 8:54 Brought to the New World | 10:02 Mexican immigration | 11:05 Youth culture in America | 12:23 Escalating the war on drugs | 13:26 Medical use revisited | 14:40 The future is bright | 15:56

. for the Article…

Hapi Hapi Joy joy

5 Likes

The flower was definitely more available than the hash they said.

1 Like

Sativas dont have the same bag appeal as modern lines do and bag appeal dont automatically equal smoke quality.

I would rather smoke the things we had in the 70s and 80s to that of the modern lines.

Hash and Thai sticks were around set times of year and the rest of the year we only had flower pre the indoor revaluation.

California and other parts of the US were like Australia were Europe main staple was Hash.

3 Likes

This, right here. The anti-cannabis idiots say “This isn’t your grandfather’s pot”. And that’s true enough because the Thai, Colombian Gold, Afghan Hashish, Vietnamese, Hawaiian, Jamaican etc. I got in the 70s blew away anything new out there. Today it’s about flavor, back then, it was about the high.

8 Likes

Bit the the UK anti-cannabis idiots that say Skunk will send you mad Yea maybe when it herms on you threw a grow.

I honestly thought most of what we grew smoked in the 70s 80s was still available when i logged online in the late 90s but i was to be disappointed.

I spent the last few decades trying to collect what i could but also telling people to do the same and preserve what they still had.

5 Likes

I had a Durban Poison in late '81 while in college and DAYUM! It was almost as trippy as some mescaline we got from an Organic Chemistry graduate student. You can imagine my horror at the Dutchified “Durban Poison” I got in the mid 90s.

3 Likes

We got some Durban Poison around 80 it had this purple hue threw the stem and flower it was very tripy to and then years later i grew the Mel Frank / Sam version once not even in the same league as the real one.

I know exactly what you thought when you smoked the dutch version lol.

4 Likes

I think it’s the Cheese that does it over the in UK. It sent me to a dark dark place. With cuts with names like suicide and psychosis I think that says it all.

2 Likes

Yep, the stuff you get today definitely isn’t your grandfather’s weed. LOL

They base their fearmongering on the trash commercial crap that always floats around during prohibition. The bourbon you get today destroys just about most of what was called Bourbon in 1930. That’s because what they called Bourbon in 1930 was watered down moonshine with iodine added for color and a bit of formaldehyde for bite. Just like most of what you get today is better than the ditch weed brown Lumbo that every dealer had during the ehight of cannabis prohibition.

2 Likes

I never had that experience with any cannabis mate and most Sk i thought was crap but a few threw the years i rated highly one being the red haired SK and a Sk line i got threw a close friend and that line hands down is the strongest SK i ever came across.

2 Likes

I never came across any bad Colombian to be honest here but i always preferred the Thai for its high over most and i think the handling of the plants after harvest by some back in the day could have impacted the quality a great deal of the end product.

I knew a guy that collected Durban from Durban in the 70s he was still growing it up until he passed away last year.

4 Likes

The brown commercial “Lumbo” was most likely crappy Mexican that was old and never dried properly. The dealers in the Mountain West just called everything “Lumbo”, but called the good shit “Colombian”. Thai and Vietnamese were my preferences, but a lot harder to find. We got a lot of Jamaican and it was superb. Then came the Afghani and Pakistani. That was a completely different high. It was good, but not the trippy stuff I was used to. Was a lot more like the hash we got at the time, but the seeds grew perfect in the foothills of the Rockies in Colorado, so long as you kept it watered.

4 Likes

I only saw Jamaican once we had a lot of the South American things like Panama Red and Colombians Hawaiian African and other imports. I only saw one lot as Mexican that was Acapulco gold that came in oz filled tins they called lids.

The Thai sticks were the most popular i think.

1 Like

We got crappy Mexican all the time, it came over the border easily. The GOOD Mexican was extremely rare. There was a while they started to smuggle it in PVC pipes and used garbage compactors to get as much in the pipes as possible. Lots of times it was too wet and it would get moldy in those 6 inch PVC pipes.

3 Likes

23 Likes

Bunch of AG O Haze with seeds, (because why not?) Some of them aren’t gonna finish in time, just getting too cold. 🤷

32 Likes

I decided to harvest a number of plants today. Could some of them have gone another few days, sure. We are just starting several days of storms out here, so I decided to err on the slightly early but cautious side of things. There are still some plants that will have to muddle through the storms. They likely have a couple weeks still.

Tom’s Posi haze

I chopped the other one as well, but don’t think I took pics. I’ll have some dry flower shots in a week or two.

Juicy Woo’s

26 Likes

Here’s what’s still growing…

Green Oldtimer Haze x A5

Acid Beauties

33 Likes

fuck yea ,
those first pics look awesome ,
im keen on hearing how they toke man ,
few days here or there is nothing to worry about ,
they look well enough done …

the acid girls look like they need a few more weeks though … as do the old timers …

12 Likes

Yeah Wally…Those three that are left are probably end of Nov. maybe early Dec. Will see. I’ll keep you posted on the effects, but I’ll try for a nice slow cure to really get the most out of them.

9 Likes