Albannach's downsized grow

Cheers :thumbsup: the chemdawg’s sitting in the bath for now.

btw @anon58740919 i had to stop using that AN Sensi coco stuff again, same thing, signs of ph issues on some shade leaves. Part A of the bloom had a layer of almost solid crud in the bottom. Shaking it was never going to be enough, it’s more like a job for a chisel :astonished:
Back to the canna coco again :laughing:

3 Likes

What works for one may not work for another eh bro. I’ve always liked AN for it’s simplicity. May just work well with my water. May be that I see the pH issues and Carry on regardless :rofl: you have to make sure you get a just wet in-between with AN btw otherwise you do get a salt buildup. Balls to canna. I’m not even in Coco anymore so I can be lazy between feeds too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve been back and forth between live soil, compost and hydro for a long time but I’ve have had too many issues with compost quality in recent years. I’m lazy too bro so the coco hempy buckets are just the job for me. I’m getting up to 4 days between feeds for each plant so it has cut the work down a bit :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Yum yum yum :fire::fire::fire::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::alien::alien::alien:

1 Like

Got that chemdawg trimmed today, nice solid nuggets :sunglasses: Wet weight is just under 12oz so it’s looking like i’ll get around 4oz dry from that wee plant :thumbsup:

Of the two that remain that blueberry x cookies kush cross from @Scissor-Hanz is pretty much finished too and could be taken now but it’s getting a few more days. The pure kush is still a couple of weeks off being finished but the clock is ticking now cos the autos for my next grow are coming on fast.

5 Likes

Chemdawg!!! Yea please which testicle do you want as tribute?

3 Likes

lol i already have a couple and they got me in enough trouble :joy:

2 Likes

I meant the fresh one in a bag of ice…

Too much lol

That should raise a few eyebrows :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying out my new (ish) phone to see if i can get better pics :sunglasses:

Blueberry x Cookies Kush

Pure Kush

Some Chemdawg buds drying

A peek at her auto’s, Left = Blackberry. Right = Sugar Black Rose.

8 Likes

Very nice plants, mate!

The photos look good but some could use some contrast. This is coming from someone who is pretty anal about photography so take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Yeh i was messing around and didn’t even turn the lighting down so it was a pretty harsh test. I can get quite close with the phone which i couldn’t do before so it’s an improvement :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes, if there is one thing that most phone cameras do fairly well it is maintaining good depth of field and sharpness at close distances. This is all about the physics of tiny sensors and extremely short focal lengths in phone cams.

4 Likes

Pictures are so much better from the phone bro. Looking good in there

2 Likes

I’n not at all tech savvy when it comes to phones or digital cameras. It’s just a cheap iphone 6 but it seems to take fairly reasonable pics. The weather rumor is for sun on Sunday which i’ll believe when i see but if it actually happens i’ll try taking a few pics in natural daylight :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Thanks bro, almost done now cos the blueberry x cookies kush comes down on Sunday and that just leaves the pure kush bush. Just for another week or so then it’s getting the heave to make room for my autos :thumbsup:

2 Likes

One way to increase contrast naturally is to shade the camera lens so that the light is not striking it directly. This is called “contra” light and it reduces contrast. Lens coatings help, but only so much. You can use your hand to shade the lens from direct light and it should increase contrast quite noticabley.

5 Likes

That @Scissor-Hanz blueberry x cookies kush cross is coming down tonight. It’s been 9wks since switch and it could go a little longer but not without risking bud rot. I took a few pics but not before it got dark here so it’s artificial lighting again.

8 Likes

I had a wee sample of the chemdawg @MadScientist sent me today and it’s very nice indeed and even gives free selfies, not that i’ll be growing any of them :grinning:

It’s just the pure kush left now, also supplied by our generous friend @MadScientist. It’s been lagging behind a bit but it’ll get another week to swell some more then it’s getting the heave cos my autos need the tent.

9 Likes

That Pure Kush puts me right to sleep man! Pontent!

And the Chemdawg is stinky as it can be man!

Glad you are happy bro!

2 Likes