Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Ok cool so thats coco huh? Water only? Then that can be transplanted to standard peat based soil once it gets bigger?

3 Likes

Ya I have been germinating in solo cups with just this, then using the same soil plus amendments for the rest of the grow. This has mycorrhiza in it to which is helpful… But yes you can transplant into anything once your ready to up pot. I recently bought 100 little mesh bags for starting so I will try that instead of solos.

3 Likes

Yea I used nursery bags this time thinking it would make it easier. It did not. I’ll try your $12 promix method!

How often do you water seedlings in that mix & how much. I have watering idiocy syndrome.

2 Likes

If you germinate in the soil, only spritz with a water bottle you just need around that seed moist. That soil keeps the water away from the seed for the most part. As soon as I see anything popping up, or sometimes when I think it should be popping up I’ll stop spritzing and let that little plant suck all the water up. Picking up the cup is the only way I can tell it’s not still too wet to water again. When they get bigger I will let them dry and droop a little in conjunction with picking up the pots and feeling weight. But honestly with the right seed starting mix it’s much easier and takes allot of the guess work out. My first grow I think I germinated in 5 gallon pots and just watered around the plant as big as the plant outward the bigger it got. That was in happy frog and it worked fine. I think I added perlite and vermiculite tho. Are you adding anything to your soil?

1 Like

Here I can soak a small plant in a 3 gallon cloth pot and it’s dry in a couple days with that soil. I watered these day before yesterday and they are light as a feather but still not showing signs out needing water.

1 Like

Doing a giveaway here.

2 Likes

Figured I’d germ test 5 LPC OG f2

Straight wall Mart pro mix

Sprayed a little water on top, made small craters and sprinkled a little light soil on top. Then sprayed a little more.

20230603_091235

7 Likes

1 Like

PCO Punta cometa Oaxaca

1 Like

Widow maker auto

4 Likes

All is looking :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@Kasper0909
The fresh beans had much better results. LPC 4 for for are up and free of their shells. I also figured out I wasn’t planting my seeds ddp enough and that this was causing all my helmet issues. W/these I had no issues, the seed husk never made it above the surface, it got pulled off as the seedling made its way to the light. Thanks again for sending the beans i will keep you updated w/pics as soon as I’ve got something to show. Happy growing.

5 Likes

Alright man I got a bale of that ProMix. Now what do you suggest moisture wise for putting a seed in it. Paper towel method, or just seed str8 into promix?

2 Likes

I just got straight in the dirt, but that’s just me. A couple posts back I’m sprouting a couple seeds.

2 Likes

Awesome! That’s good to hear. Thank you for popping a few!!

1 Like

Yea I’ll go straight in the dirt. Guess I’m overthinking it.

Its just the moisture amount & knowing when/how much water to add oncs it dries out. That’s literally the only thing I have a problem with. I’ve only 5-6 seeds left from HolyAngel now, I don’t want to screw up again :laughing:

2 Likes

Ya it’s just you can hear it several times but until you get the feel for what works and what doesn’t it’s always a little unnerving germinating the little bastards.

3 Likes

Water them when they ask for it and the pot is super light. You can let them droop before watering it actually seems to do them good.

4 Likes

I always put the seeds in water until they get z tail then into a jiffy puck that has been lightly sqeezed. I used to just set them on top w/the tail in the hole, but this time I buried them about 1/4in. It took a day or so longer for them to surface but they surfaced w/o the helmet on. I put the pucks in a zip lock bag, sealed until the first seedlings shows above ground then it is left open.

4 Likes

Nice, thank you for sharing! I see a couple avocados sprouting in there that’s awesome.

2 Likes