Am I doing it right guys this looks super weird

My roots are high :joy:

I am playing with grafting 2 strains together while the bottom one grows roots as a new clone simultaneously, so far so good :+1:

11 Likes

This is really cool and I celebrate your efforts! I don’t know about grafting with cannabis as much as others here probably do.

Are those roots that are higher up coming from the host plant or the graft section? Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

I alsways thought about doing something like this!
Way cool!

1 Like

I have not yet done any surgery to confirm exactly where the root starts but it shouldn’t matter as it will just get removed once the stem heals together anyway

As long as you bury it right it’ll be fine.

1 Like

As far as grafting goes you are not doing in any sort of traditional way i am aware of.

2 Likes

It is not traditional, but it will come out looking something like this eventually

Working on crafting up something out of foam rubber that would work like a cloning collar but in 3D for the grafts, so that I will not need to chop up rooter plugs for making these in the future

You can get grafting tape, parafilm or grafting tips on amazon for less than $10. They will hold the stems together better. Here’s a link to how purdue grafts their tomatoes it has a lot of good info for grafting success. https://extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ho/ho-260-w.pdf

1 Like

Never had success with the tape and so on, but it has been many years :man_shrugging:

1 Like