Any original OG members back?

Moments ago I was reading about the benefits of digesting tons of source material and engaging in communication with peers on your own research. I thought about some of the important/influential social arenas that fostered my life experience learning, exploring, and creating. Then I googled “remember overgrow website” … Boom! This thread jumped at me and I am seriously moved… at the memories of the original Overgrow community. Wow. Thinking about the incredible wealth of knowledge that was shared, the great humor and creative talent, the love of ‘growth’ cultivated by the original community. I hope that this new Overgrow community ‘grows’ with openness, integrity, and fearlessness. Happy to be here.

7 Likes

I was part of the community under the same name, but didn’t post much as I was a learner. Seeing these old names again is a trip! Heaven’s Stairway busted, OG disappears. What the hell? Story was the US Gov’t wanted the Mounties to shut it all down. Learned so much. Thanks OG, good to see you back.

5 Likes

Welcome back to OG. Make yourself comfortable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad this community is back. What a joy. Yes I’m pre-2006, and this site is where it all began for me. Great memories nervously ordering seeds from Gypsy Nirvana, and then growing great out incredible strains.

5 Likes

Welcome back! Glad you made it.

3 Likes

Howdy all!
I was Calyxander on OG way back then.
I have been enjoying the reincarnated OG for a little while now.
I was Wavels on the old CW, until that site rode off into the sunset.

I was wondering if I can reacquire my Calyxander moniker for this site?

Here is a grow report I did back in '04:

8 Likes

Boo. I’m back – think I was around from 2001-2004 or so, probably under the name “oranje.” Think I have a few Bogglegum seeds in their original packaging, if that’s proof enough :smile:

Should bring back the “pic of the week” votes, those were fun.

11 Likes

Welcome back to OG…

5 Likes

well Hello there! coincidentally read today ,on mrnice.nl, that og is back, and immediatley subscribed.
was a member back then under the same name. i registered in 2000 i believe. many good memories, including meeting likeminded fellow growers. i wish i could have access to my photo gallery from back then, since i lost them…
Welcome back OG!

12 Likes

Wb Knospe, I’m I right remembering you on weedpost.com too ?
D_S

2 Likes

I can’t remember my username but man is it good to be back. Every once in a while I check the domain and here it is. BAM!

4 Likes

Welcome back! Roll up a fattie get comfy and read awhile.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Nice to see you all. I was a member of the original site, which I joined around '99 or so. It’s nice to see things coming together.

Anyone know if the code for the original site still exists somewhere? I would love to see things back to the way they were.

7 Likes

Hello, welcome! Slowly but surely a lot of the original members are making there way back.

2 Likes

Namaste! What a shock seeing this site coming back to life. Like the phoenix arising from the ashes, OG is being rebirthed., and I couldn’t be happier. I was never on here very long, maybe a couple years or so before it went down, but damn I was bummed when it went down. It was so awesome, and I learned so much in the short time I was here, I couldn’t believe it just disappeared. And than I couldn’t believe I hadn’t downloaded so much of the good stuff I had learned here. I was just a novice back than and was just totally blown away with how much knowledge there was on OG. I started out using General Hydroponics Waterfarms, and there was one thread in particular that taught me everything and more that I needed to know about them. Can’t remember the authors name, but the thread was “The Waterfarm Experience”. It was killer, and I’ve never seen any thread on Waterfarms anywhere with even close to as much information as that one had on them.

Anyway, welcome back OG, love you guys, and thanks for all you do! Peace…:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just did a search for the hell of it, and here we are. I was indeed a member. Started as Bang Wang, after bust, Ghost of BW. I don’t grow these days, but Im looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. Booboy (is that you boo?), Dowzer, Prawn Connery, Mongoose, FE404, bigislandbud, virginbudgrower, Smoothy, so many others, miss you all!

5 Likes

Hey BW, welcome back !
I do remember you well… Nice to see you again… hope all is well there.
D_S

2 Likes

Welcome back OG friends of past. OG lives on… Enjoy your stay.

Overgrow the world!..

1 Like

High guys,

Good to see not all of you are behind bars! :wink:

I used to be an OG regular in the outdoor fora from 2000 to somewhere in 2006 when somebody switched of the light. Havent been growing ganja for a while but i’m still working (breeding) on other plants. Who knows about the future, she is still my favorite plant!

I’ll go search my picture database of outdoor grows from 2000-2006 and upload em again.

Cheers!
Paddo

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I hail from Costa Rica and i believe i was a member during the golden era when the logo was “overgrom the goverment” I can remember my username back then, it might have been Avalon0420 same as now. I remember Nietszche and a whole lot of other things that i learned form this website, used to be here all the time, i mean ALL THE TIME, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice to see you again.

PS.: I found a cd with pics and info from the old overgrom website, like really old material; if i cand find it i’ll be posting memorabillia from the beginning of this century… BONGLOAD!!!

10 Likes