Any original OG members back?

I realized how long ago the OG OG was when speaking to one of my Padawan’s the other day. I told him that OG, the source of all my powers, had come back from the dead. He replied by informing me he’d never heard of OG. I was shocked, but reminded him of GrowFAQ backups. He went slackjawed at the prospect of us Jedi Masters getting back to work in an organized, centralized fashion.
We are legend, ladies and gentlemen. We are legend.

10 Likes

welcome back, everyone, anyone old and welcome anyone new as well! dont know if anyone remembers me directly but feel free to hmu if you do!

6 Likes

Well I’m still VirginBudGrower and it’s nice to see you all here. I was always Virginbudgrower and I am the same on ICmag. :slight_smile: Nice to see everyone again back at it, showing their big ones :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yes,

This was/is the wikipedia of growing. A place so vast it was so easy to get lost in. This is where I learned about light requirements and soil mixtures and deficiencies, different micro grows like the post that turned the Sears C cabinet series into a stealth grow or the sea of green tactics, cloning help.

I remember spending all day in the chat room hanging out with professionals and cannabis cup winners. I think I even met the dude who ran the place once in chat.

To this day people cannot believe how incredibly smart I am when it comes to growing and it was all because of this place and the amazing community we had. I wasn’t here the day it opened but I was here the day they shut it down.

14 Likes

hey there girl …and here we are still growin and goin … lots of laughs back in the day …still makes me smile :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Ok, I was an active member back in the early 2000’s and went by the name rubber biscuit, which I have decided to use again. I had a grew for about 5 or 6 years at that time, got out of it, and for a couple years later and have since not grown at all. I now have a chance to use my knowledge to go legit since Illinois legalized recreational cannabis. I have a hard time remembering any names from back then – I really haven’t thought about it in a LONG time. I grew many strains including C99,Super Silver Haze, Medicine Man, Jack Herer, Herijuana (from Steve Tuck), salmon Creek Big Bud, Lavender, White Widow, and a few others I don’t recall. So Hello guys, I’m back!

14 Likes

Hi. I used to mod the Breeder’s Lab. Is anyone still mad at me?

-Ship

14 Likes

Welcome to revived Overgrow, @Subjectnumber7!

2 Likes

What’s up ship how have you been

1 Like

Once or twice my name was stillsmokinginthestl

3 Likes

Hello Overgrow, It’s nice to see it’s been revived, Nice story explaining the history of the forums. I was a member for quite some time I was a Mentor same nick. Hope all is well with everyone!

10 Likes

Hello @blazeoneup! Welcome back!

3 Likes

Been over 15 years… Remember nl, rc, shaggy, mtnjohn, og bub, and many more… Good times.

8 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the karma from my brethren; old and new alike!
Tonight I am starting to germinate 3-5 different strains to begin this year, and to follow through on all grows after!!
Oregon Huckleberry, Gorilla Slippers, and a Sweet Tooth x c99 cross are the top contenders. I just got my medicinal can and the paperwork to grow myself, so I am so fucking legal right now!!

I can’t wait to start talking to everyone in an in depth scientific, and organized data set with proper log entries, and of course the Q&As every day!

I’ll take pics and post the fetuses in their germing medium and we’ll all get stoner boners! :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve been here for a while now. I just found this thread, I like to think I was an active contributor before OG was shut down. Mainly in the FAQ help topics, from cloning, seed propagation, transplants you name it. So much was lost when the original site was torched but it’s good to see so many fine cultivars putting her back together. Good on all of you sharing your knowledge. My screen name is still the same as it was then.

10 Likes

Thanks for checking in @Poolio, @Iamthecheesegods and @ubcchemo!

2 Likes

@mysterious_stranger here is the page for original overgrow memebers and welcome back home

5 Likes

Cool gload to hear you are ok and doing alright all my Equipment is gone, so I am starting over no problem plan on OD this time round then finance indoor, may move to colder short season climes upstate NY, as family Is there, but will need to still be guerilla! Peace!!BadMF Keep Growin’!!!

5 Likes

Glad, lol typing to fast I guess! lol

1 Like

I found Overgrow.com in 2000. Was there until everything went south then started hanging out at ICMAG when it popped up in what ‘04? I lurked there for a year before finally joining in ‘05. I sure don’t miss the days of ordering seeds from across the pond via seedsdirect and then later seedsboutique only to wait weeks and sometimes even a month hoping your order makes it through customs. We have it pretty easy these days.

9 Likes