Anyone can double their yields with some manual labor

I’m just finishing up my first grow since restarting last year, so it’ll depend on the yield I get. If nothing else, I might be able to put one in male jail for this. I have timers with a 7-day schedule, so it’s pretty easy to set them for 24/12 or similar. I usually run 11/13, so I’d probably do 23/13 instead; the extra hour gives a cushion to make sure they get 12+ hours of darkness a night when I need to spray after lights off and turn the room lights on. This seems like it’s worth a closet and a little bit more electricity to experiment with - my electric bill just passed $10 this month after being $2.74 a month all winter anyway, so I think I might need to figure out a way to burn more or end up giving my solar back to the grid.

2 Likes

For the record, I do not recommend a 24/12 schedule…my use of it happened when I was wasted, not trying to be efficient.

Try ramping g up though. Give them 12/12 through the stretch to get your most vigorous growth, and after that experiment with timing

1 Like

I’ll see if they go into flower with 23/13; if they don’t, then clearly it’s not inducing enough florigen production and I can proceed with flowering normally. If they do, I’ll see if they make it all the way through flower without herming. If it works, then we’ll see about efficiency and scaling. :slight_smile:

And no worries, I didn’t think you were recommending it; no blame if this fails, just makes me curious and I can’t remember ever reading about anyone experimenting with it. That’s why I’ll only devote a closet to it, I can still run a crop normally to keep up my yield.

5 Likes

Keep us posted on results. Will be interesting to hear the results.
Pretty baked, so gonna say results one more time.

2 Likes