Anyone get citiled royal blue cobs to me in the UK I'd be much grateful

Been looking with all my might and it seems once again. Our friends across the pond get the good stuff first. Again I’m gonna be the mug to try and bring them over if at all possible.

If anyone knows a reputable company that will ship to the UK please let me know. If not and someone wants to step in and help your “brothers in farms” (can we coin that as a phrase too) fuck this super silvers good. Where was I?

Oh yeah all that stuff above

2 Likes

I have been trying to find the 700mA version CLU038-1208C4-B455-XX anywhere in the EU bro but no dice. Seems those that do list em don’t want to sell any :unamused:

1 Like

I’m struggling to find any royal blue chips bar the shit 10w ones you have likely seen too. No one does want to sell them. The only UK company i did find has no pricing. Hasn’t responded to email and seems generally shady af

1 Like

I suppose i could gang up a load of the 10W ones, maybe do a mix and match lol there would be much head scratching involved though. The alternative is more mixed led solstrips but they aint cheap eh bro.

1 Like

No we’re getting these over here somehow bro

This is literally curiosity regarding royal blue effect on trichome production for me

2 Likes

If you are talking about ordering stateside then re-shipping, I could probably give you a hand if other options don’t pan out…

4 Likes

How readily available are they where you are bro? If that’s what it takes

I did a quick search and would say, not a lot of stock available through the regular suspects. I’d probably just order through the rapidleds site. I assume there is difficulty shipping overseas from them? If needed, I could get a hold of parts distributors directly to check the lead times. Then re-ship.

I’m not very familiar with these and would note that I could not find the specific part number with the CF nomenclature (as indicated in the part number). Instead C4 seems like a valid part number. Please advise part number and quantity and I could do some more looking around.

guessing that was primelight.co.uk?

you could try requesting a quote from these guys they have offices all over the world incl. europe. except the part number is 1212C4 instead of 1212CF, not sure if that is different

1 Like

Cdiweb want to know the inside and out of a cats arse before you even see a data sheet. So I didn’t spend too much time there looking. It was primelight.co.uk mate. 2 days no reply. Poor customer service before I even get a price lol.

1 Like

Have you tried Estonian ebay guy? these chips are listed on tme.eu but don’t ship to the UK, I’m sure they could order for you.

https://www.tme.eu/gb/katalog/#search=b455&s_field=accuracy&s_order=DESC&visible_params=2%2C1088%2C1181%2C143%2C1594%2C2586%2C754%2C1101%2C1113%2C564%2C120&used_params=2%3A52558%3B

1 Like

I can have a word with ivo but he usually bulk bulk buys. I can’t see him ordering unless I get 1000+ and I’m not sure the market is there or how well they will work so I don’t wanna spend thousands bro

Shame these chips aint more available bro but i’m no sure we really need em, they do look good though eh :grin: Export Estonia’s got clu38 at 5000K which is apparently equal to midday sun according to some and also about the same as a metal halide fixture (white).

The thing that gets me is full sun in a clear blue sky can produce light at up to 10,000K or higher so there is your royal blue. Looking into it further but not too much info on plant growth under artificial lighting at such high K temps. I did notice that the new version Hans Panel has had it’s royal blue cobs changed for white ones but no pseudoscientific explanation available for a change. Just it looks more natural. Maybe the blue aint needed or maybe they cost too much. Or maybe both :grin:

http://www.bonsaihero.com/led-growlight-180-watt

As a note, blue max lighting claim 5900K is the closest to natural daylight you can get in the home. as long as the CRI rating is 96 plus :laughing:

1 Like

It’s the 435nm spectral range in relation to trichome production that’s interesting me. I can fire 5000k strips in for “daylight” I know it’s not really 5900k but it’s as near as damn it. And really appreciate the posting your findings so far bro

2 Likes

5000K strips will produce a bit more blue but more importantly quite a bit more green which has apparently been shown to achieve better canopy penetration than red or blue light and can ‘significantly increase the rate of photosynthesis’. Green light can also help to offset the potential drawbacks of an excess of blue light, apparently ‘green light has been shown to reverse blue light induced plant height reduction and anthocyanin accumulation’. OG already has the answers lol.

1 Like

Been thinking a bit more on this. Some folk are saying that one major benefit led has over sodium (gaslight :grin:) is much more red light promoting rapid bloom. So basically if we fit too high a proportion of 5000K (or even hotter) led’s in our fixtures we could loose some of the advantages we already know about.

1 Like

I reckon swapping my 3000k out for royal blue will balance my light nicely. And it will still have a lot of red in it. For the average light though maybe 2 chips in every 10 for royal blue. There’s absolutely zero science to my maths. There’s not much science in my science to be fair either bro. But I know my stretch is unreal and the budsites forming under “blue” light trichome production. I might end up cobbling an absolute pile of shit together. But at least I’ll know

2 Likes

Those molex cob holders will make swapping chips quite easy so why not eh bro. My strips are 2700K and three royal blue cob’s in the middle would look nice eh :grin: I find excessive stretch is usually either down to genetics, low light or even both at the same time.

1 Like

360w less than 20cm over my canopy says that’s not the case and as for genetics ssdd is predimonantly an indica bro lol. Agreed with the 3 royal blue in the centre on yours will do nicely. They gotta be worth a look if nothing else eh

1 Like