Best Anxiety Strains?

Yes to both! The autos I planted later in the summer the first year were twice the size of the earlier started last year. Although they make nice autos regardless. Can’t remember who the breeder was on the autos though in all honesty. The photos were hso

3 Likes

But the effect was the same for photos and autos?

1 Like

Big fan of strains that have cali orange in it

1 Like

Oh, really? I have some Cali-O x Blueberry I’ve been sitting on for a few years now. Might have to run those soon to see what I can find.

3 Likes

A hybrid that leans to the sativa side like your blue dream. I have very high anxiety and PTSD and my go to strain is Nigerian Sunshine by Swami Organic Seed’s. Its a 1976 BOEL Nigerian x Blue Moon Rocks BX2

8 Likes

Agreed most haze on the market i would say is derived from nl5 haze which tamperes the the racy side even if more haze is added later I would say.
The most anti anxiety plant I’ve ever smoked was a chem #4 pheno of sunshine #4 this was the most calming but social plant I’ve ever smoked, I’ve never smoked chem #4 pure though

5 Likes

Great thread, glad to have read though it, and glad to know I’m not the only one who gets anxious from some weed and still goes after it lol…

One thing I can throw out there is try using a pure CBD strain all day.

I would say my mental health is probably poor compared to your average Joe, but when I vape CBD all day I become real “even-keel” Is the best way I can explain it. Couple puffs maybe 3-4 times a day.

Things still bother me but only in normal amounts. The sense of urgency that negative emotions and thoughts normally have is severely muted.

Also this makes my THC strains at night not give me anxiety. If I vape a pure CBD strain (like Dinamed CBD Plus) all day and then a 1:1 at night, the effect is extremely pleasant and feels restorative.

Cheese CBD by Dinafem is about 8% and 8% and it’s really nice. Has smell of some tropical fruits like cherries and pineapple and also a musty sort of cheesey smell. Grew like a sativa hybrid tho I did cull another that grew squat indica style.

Surprisingly heavy Indicas do make me really anxious. I cant even take one puff of Strawberry Nuggets by Mephisto without getting too high in the wrong direction…

9 Likes

I grew out a couple of Nigerian Haze x X18 ( on overgrow a while back.) as testers for @buryseeds but he shelved the project due to a couple of hermies with other crosses, I also grew out his g13/HP x X18 & his Stardawg IX x X18 - i found no hermies and the Nigerian Haze cross was a nice smoke ( maybe coz of the X18.) as i usually don’t enjoy Hazes too much.

Oddly enough i don’t think iv grown any chem either - without it being a cross. Though i have two chemdog plants curing just now ( they were fem and came from @MadScientist last year so i don’t know the source of those .!?).
Anyway i had a Kaia Kush for nearly 4 years & i rated it a 9.5/10 for anxiety, and generally relaxing, bag appeal ( if selling.) was excellent, guaranteed fuel/turpentine like smell - easy to clone. A true gem :gem: Aaannd … i lost it about six months ago ( i thought I had a clone elsewhere, but …) And this was from a single free regular seed from apothecary genetics .!
Good luck searching for your anti anxiety cultivars - also if let your plants flower til you see amber in the trichs - ( some might take forever to show amber.) - this should have a more sedating high/stone /effect …!
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

3 Likes

I think you just have to do a bit of trial and error and then different strains might do different thing for different ailments or sides of ailments.
Particularly interesting what someone said about mixing strains say cbd with others.
Although I normally think your best bet is trying to breed the traits that work for you,or trial and error trying different strains lottery.
Could be another string in bow mixing?

1 Like

See how differently strains react from one person to the next? It’s so trippy. All the Kush strains that work for @Gaz29 cause me nothing but anxiety and all the hazes seem to relax me and make me sleepy.

@MumenRyder the only problem I have with smoking my cbd plant is that I don’t usually smoke until evening and I just don’t have it in me to smoke weed all day. Cbd or not. I’ve started turning my cbd plant into butter and making edibles with it. They last a lot longer and I don’t have to smoke all day.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea!

1 Like

I have tried some early harvest. It gives me a clear high with better focus and it helps me to start doing things. But it is not racey at all, no hint of paranoia or anxiety. No brain fog, no couchlock, no munchies.

But also no problem taking it before sleep. I actually sleep better at the moment. To early to tell if it’s the weed or other things I changed. But at least it does not keep me awake like other strains, even heavy indicas.

I never had a strain like this and I hope it does not change much before the final harvest. I picked some more already just in case. I really like it.

4 Likes

I like too stick too strains that mellow me out and slow my thought process as overwhelming anxiety is always looming, I find i need to medicate quite often and tend to smoke an oz of flower and 21 grams of concentrates in the form of dabs every three weeks…My ptsd and anxiety/panic disorder have proven, in order to be controlled I simply need to smoke cannabis. So for that being said I like to smoke purples. Mainly the fragrent ones. Lavender like. These strains tend to have an earthy taste. For dabs its usually an indica 100 % or a 70%30% hybrid indica dominant.

2 Likes

Ok what if there is no future thing to worry about. Just random panic attacks. Does a full spec tincture work on them ? I orderes a 1000mg from cbdistillery to see. If it does what would be your reccomendation for a real cbd strain i can grow to cut the middle man and lot of cost out of the picture. I saw you say the entourage effect is best which is what i read many places. Isnt there like a 13:1 cbd with the 1 being thc. If this helps my panic attacks im going to be growing cbd now. Where should i start. Im pretty sure youre the one to ask.

2 Likes

Hello OG how’s it floating

I had a quick question about locating strains that help with anxiety and insomnia. I have generalized anxiety, PTSD and probably a handful of other things along with insomnia which just makes it hard to manage the other issues.

It’s been a vicious cycle dealing with these things as my anxiety as small as it is causes me to stay awake forever: my anxiety now is almost controles but occasionally I need a natural remedy just in case.

I an open to strains with 1:1 or 1:1:1 or 2:1 or 1:2 Cbd the whole thing or just regular thc with good Terps. I need some advice on what strains help you and what else I can do. Thank you again Overgrow

I really appreciate all of you who help and participate in this family.

Edit: I’m open to autoflowers. That would be a plus

9 Likes

I feel this @SubzeroIceKold and found that UK Cheese has helped me and many of my friends and family with their anxiety.

Frustratingly enough I’m also personally finding the same effect with longer flowering sativas, most recently Ace Seeds Zamaldelica (11-13 week flowering period).

Similar effects when I have anything with Durban Poison genetics in it.

I have beans for a f2 cross using Durban Poison made by @CADMAN called Poison Daddy if you wanted to try it out. It’s (Jews Gold 1974 x Grand Daddy Purple) x Durban Poison; if you’re interested please just shoot me a PM. :+1:

Another one I fell in love with is Manitoba Poison but I don’t have enough of those beans to share at this time (need to reproduce em eh?)

All the best of success @SubzeroIceKold !

:v:

8 Likes

I used to keep Bubba Kush and Pure Kush mothers like 15 yrs ago. For me, they had a relaxing chill effect. Not super high on THC, like 15% range.

7 Likes

Bubba is a great one for a chill, relaxing effect. I keep a mom of it as well just for the terps and the help it provides with stress. Blue Dream is another one that has been good for anxiety for me. Heavy indica’s seem to work the best for me with sleep.

6 Likes

What you are seeking is a 100% indica strains -

2 Likes

Agreed with the above, I also think proper dosing plays a big part in effectiveness for this type of stuff.

2 Likes