Best light for mother's!

image image

Can’t remember of hand if 930 or 942 for veg

: )

11 Likes

Is that a 100 watt ceramic metal halide? Did not know that existed.

7 Likes

Yes , I highly recomend : )
35 w 50w 70w 100w 150w I think

Twice the growth of t5ho but runs hotter

7 Likes

Hmm that’s kinda cool!

6 Likes

Even the 150 w is only the size of a regular clipper lighter and they are so bright you can’t look at them directly lol
Simple shop light fittings bought secondhand on eBay , very cheap : )

I think that fitting is g12 maybe : )

8 Likes

I am also a user and fan of T5 SHO . I would prefer something stronger for veg but find them great for moms / seedlings/ early veg .

8 Likes

@ifish where did you pick up your 100w cmh at? Would be interested in adding these to and hps setup for some more blue spectrum.

6 Likes

I’ve had the best luck with t5s if I don’t need fast growth.

Depends how many clones you need.

4 Likes

@Bammer1082 , secondhand / used , eBay : )

3 Likes

Ah yes, G-9 base, or mini bi-pin. I may or may not have spares of these sockets. Thanks for the mention.

5 Likes

I’m making the switch from LED to T5HO for my moms this week as I’ve been having difficulties with keep the heat high enough for veg. My clones are happy with LED though.

4 Likes

What spectrum for moms? I have a bunch of 3k bridgelux strips and 240w drivers. Wanted to make a mom and veg area with one of the ballasts.

12 strips spaced 6 inches and a 240w ballast over a 2x6 area spaced 5.5 inches. This would be about 20w/sq.ft

What do yall think?

2 Likes

3k is on the warm side for veg but it’ll work, just might get more stretch. Which might not be a bad thing to get taller clones to work with.

7 Likes

Honestly the bridgelux have quite a bit if blue, even the 3000K. They would work fine for veg, maybe a tad more stretch like @Seamonkey84 mentioned.

6 Likes

I would have to go with the old school fluorescent tube light. Or hps. I’m not like in the LEDs for mother’s. The stems are a little hard at times. Just my op. Everyone is different. Yes the cheap lights work,

1 Like