Billys outdoor grow

That’s a real shame bro, they were so close to being finished too :disappointed:

At least you didn’t loose the lot though, there should still be a decent amount of smokable bud there eh.

3 Likes

so ive got 4 plants broken down so far… 4,083grams wet weight after de stemming and taking fan leaf off. double vac sealed and in freezer about 300 grams was tossed due to botrytis

3 Likes

That’s a stout stalk for a small pot :thumbsup: Were those started under indoor lighting? 2 lb dry would be a solid yield for small basic setup. Next year: some shelter like a greenhouse. Maybe try and look around your place if you get a chance to study where dew settles & where it doesn’t & try work with prevailing winds & stuff. I’ve had to bow to mother nature myself. :smile:

:v:
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

oh yah there will be some forsure still a bummer though!

@cannabissequoia yah it was a successful run even though i didnt get to let them go as long as they could have. had the first 2 planted on the 15th of july and the others on the 21st of july. a green house would have been nice forsure but it was all so last minute

@Tinytuttle so i top them once the strawberry banana does its thing, great greenhouse strain. and im not really in sunny weather so watering was actually a struggle at first i could barely feed them because they were always so wet, however we got our late summer and that helped. anyways the more often you can water the better in my opinion i had mine dialed in to a gal every day or every other day depending on the weather

1 Like

That seems to be the gamble with outdoor growing. Looks like you “folded” at the right time. Bet you will get some nice live resin from that. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that! Glad you could salvage most of it though… I have the battle of the bugs right now. Aphids, spider mites and picking off cankerworms! So far, I got most of the cankerworms right at the tip of a few buds and was able to pull them out and keep the bud growing and the mites and aphids seem to just be on the leaves. Hoping they hang in there just a few more weeks.

Indeed @ReikoX a gamble it is… frustrating one at that. After loving and nurturing these f**kers for almost 6 months. lol sigh

2 Likes

left one standing just to finish her out. i had already snapped her when i made this decision but she was good. and yes a gamble it is but when i works out the free sun is always nice threw a pic from work in there

8 Likes

i keep forgetting to ask…

at work do you have bio-security “rules” or procedures? hair-nets & tyvek suits? over-shoes? :slight_smile:

one “rule” i’ve never kept up on is sterilizing all of my tools at the end of a season.

another thing i do (but you probably can’t avoid) is going plant to plant, potentially transferring bugs & shit.

d’oh.

2 Likes

12 Likes

so i ended up getting 4 rounds of that clean up and then i froze everything and micro planed them. the two trays are the 4 rounds of 70 and 45 combined. each round was washed 3 times for 9 minutes each. stuff taste sooo good the water tasted like a banana smoothe no job. my whole garage smelt like banana puree.

5 Likes

hey, c’mon over bro. we had 30mph north wind % 12% humidity yesterday.

:smile:

1 Like

Does that double vac cure your buds for you? Sorry this is such an awesome thread I have lots of questions :astonished:

1 Like

not the way im doing it but i have heard of people drying bud in the freezer i dont have the tech though. i did whole plant fresh frozen and made water hash.

1 Like

jeeeeeeze 12 percent thats something… my lips would be on fire!

2 Likes

mannn this stuff is getting greasey as it drys. i have a buddy that judges water hash at cups and he actually lent me the machine and bags… he came over to sample her and he said its in between 5 and 6 star and if i hadnt combined the 70 and 90 and all the batches i would have had some 6 star forsure… it was my first time doing water hash i didnt realize there was a difference in melt quality not just color so because all the 70 and 90 runs looked very similar i just combined them all… oh well. he was tripping on how good the 45 bag went. im still not sure what the total yield is give it a few more days to dry…

7 Likes

lucky mofo! that’s the kind of mentor a lot of us need. :smile:

he said that about the 45 because the smaller size sieve catches crap as well as smaller trich’s (i think), AND because you did a good f’n job :thumbsup: right off the bat. the first time i helped a buddy do it years ago makes me laugh & cry how bad we treated that, violent stirring for hours…ayayay.
And the outdoor can be dirtier air, so he has reason to be impressed and so do you. hehe

i’m still trying to get my bubblehash groove back; this spring i made some shit he’d probably have given the 6 :star: to… looked like pink wax & tasted like berry syrup, but I only had a couple grams so I never got to show it off. Darn. :slight_smile: Then the first batches this fall were pretty sad but I’m getting there.

1 Like

Do you need to microplane after? We have the collection klumps sitting in the fridge from our runs last night. Not sure what the best next step is for processing them.

Considering parchment paper, heat and pressure.

1 Like

my buddy told me the chunks are the best to press and he picks them out with a tweezer

so put the hash into jars yesterday i ended up getting 170grams from the 45 and 70 bags i finally micro planed the 150 yesterday and it looks really good also i think theirs a little over a ounce of that. smoke report is this stuff tastes just like a banana smoothie… not much strawberry terps which is weird seeing how it does indoors at work. is crazy strong even my buddy that judges water hash said its a little crazy. stuff makes your head buzz when you close your eyes and it totally affects my vision. very interesting high cant say ive encountered it before… early cut live resin. i was probing for some storage advice… i threw it in jars but now its a brick and its stuck in there as one solid piece im afraid of mold. any advice?

some cool news im officially the head grower at work and recently acquired a 22000 sqft warehouse to run… gonna be a really fun year. ive been plugging away at this place for 40 days now turning it around when we got there it was a mess. truly sad to see a facility like so in the state it was in… root aphids, pm, spider mites, inadequate systems just a huge fail. this monday we get our first round into flower. i just gotta say legal weed sucks they have made it so damn hard to be legal and theirs so many hoops to jump through but god damn do i love my job and the fact that i dont have neurological stress, anxiety, or mandatory minimums. i swear i feel like a new person its the strangest thing people ask me what i do and i can be honest and not to mention proud! California is a cannabis growers dream come true cant wait to be able to take all this back to hawaii when the time is right

8 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes