Black, Bay Area, Bodhi, Beans, Been Booming Baby!

I wouldn’t know i have predators! i had aphid once it was because of aphid infested corn right outside my grow, and whatever home depot neem oil i sprayed 'em with killed 'em

4 Likes

Spinosad, Captain Jack’s Dead Bug is at a box store

3 Likes

A soap spray using Dr. Bronner’s castile soap at 6 tablespoons to 1 gallon will kill the aphids on contact. A weekly neem oil foliar should help as a preventative used throughout veg and into the first week or two of flower.

EDIT: Should add that afterwards you will likely want to spray the plant off with just water to get the excess soap and aphids off as well.

6 Likes

Sorry brother, out of my wheelhouse. I have never had to fight pests, knock on wood. @George may have some advice to help.

5 Likes

Wash / smush em off is what I do outdoors on like kale. Spinosad takes care of it too - just wouldnt use near flower.

4 Likes

I’ve been using Capt’ Jacks Dead Bug Brew and this diy recipe from the first time I got spider mites. I rotate these twice a week while pests are present, then once a week after a month of no visible pests. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks to all OGers for the prompt and thorough responses. I put 6 TBS Dr Bronners Peppermint in a gallon of water. Will spray heavy B4 lights out tomorrow morning.

Got a cool package in the mail

Made by @syzygy, thanks kind human

13 Likes

Dang! Space Monkey x Goji and ssdd x Goji !

5 Likes

Got hooked up!After I’m done running old soul going to be doing some gogi f2s and ssdd x gogi excited to see what I can find that space monkey x Gogi sounds awesome bet there’s some real nice gems in all those beans! @LivingBlackSoil

7 Likes

Somehow missed that you’re already growing Space Monkey, interested to see which phenos you find! There are some extremely smelly phenos in that line that can make a carbon filter a necessity. My favorite was pine smelling and that’s what was used in the SMxGoji cross… May be good but who knows with random pollen chucks and what if anything worthwhile the Goji male contributes to it. Hopefully you find something worth the effort/time/space etc!

5 Likes

life-goes-on-lebowski_smol

Your name is LIVING Black Soil.
Honor life.

Your plants don’t even give a fuck about a few aphids man.
Stop underestimating their strength.

Also where’s the companion plants?
Give them something to eat other than cannabis and they’ll eat that.
Put some vetch in that tent asap.

3 Likes

Yes yes and yes. What a wonderful way to wake up. Second time that I’ve been checked by an OG. Y’all really are a village. Thank you.

The cover crop in these smaller pots wasn’t given time. In a quest to plantmoreseeds I germinated myself into a corner, made a decision and moved forward. No reason to not have healthy cover crop. Thanks @Rogue I will plantmorecovercropseeds
I did spray the Dr. Bs heavy last night in 4x4 2x2 and hit the Blue Thai that was put out.

^^ Razzberry Unicorn day 35f

^^ Jeffrey day 34f

Noticed that the flowers on the Iraqi Goji looked thin but didn’t get any pics :thinking: Things are moving forward and I give thanks for the opportunity to learn and steward.

Living

16 Likes

I love this plant.
I love this planet.
I love this site.
I do not love the internet.

8 Likes

^^Auto getting beautifuller. Remember seeing somewhere that the purple in this stage is from a lack of P. I enjoy the change.

^^ 4x4. Removing the Aphidy Blue Thai may have been premature. Haven’t seen a critter since the Dr. B spray. Inside or out. Have noticed some browning on the 2 smaller plants on the right. Thinking it’s soap or soap + light related. Watching.

Thanks to Joe and Team Overgrow. Learning daily here. Received a bunch o beans via trade, giveaway and ‘contests’. Loving the vibe. If the internet is the light and OG is the medium what are the members?

It’s Friday y’all!!
Peace

9 Likes

Let’s celebrate Friday OG

Old school Hip Hop trivia:

What is Guru’s lemonade line referencing? First one to answer correctly will receive Sunshine Daydream x Goji OG beans by way of @syzygy

Let’s go
@DougDawson @bassman5420 @Gpaw @highminwin @HeadyBearAdventures @ElGalloBlanco @Oldtimerunderground @minitiger @misterbee @supershitfuck @ramblinrose @Rogue @Qtip @CrunchBerries @Hapi @CADMAN @DesertHeartGardens @VAhomegrown @LegsMahoney @LemonadeJoe

If there’s a better place for this please let me know.

11 Likes

All The Way Up (Remix)” … It’s inspired by a line from a 1992 Gang Starr song.

3 Likes

“Lemonade is a popular drink and it still is
Survival of the littest” a drink?

3 Likes

All I have read up is that it could be a reference to a Eddie murphy skit with lemonade? Other then that just read how he was drunk when he made it and could of freestyled that part lol

4 Likes

All the way up remix, thats what google says.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Dj premiere quote about leomande line "Guru was wasted, and at first, we were like, ‘He’s gotta say his verse over.’ Because he was just saying anything. ‘Eenie meenie miney mo.’ ‘Lemonade was a popular drink…’ ‘What the?’ He was just all over the place. We were like, ‘His verse is the weakest.’ And now when you hear it, everybody loves it!”

4 Likes