Black, Bay Area, Bodhi, Beans, Been Booming Baby!

Yes indeed

2 Likes

Took the 5 tallest out of the 4x4 and put em outside. I thought that they were Goji Og f2. There’s 1 Goji, 1 Blue Thai, 2 Garlic Goji and 1 lost tag. 9 plants left in 4x4.

Top dressed yesterday with EWC, Alfalfa, Kelp, Frass and a lil 0-10-10. Decided to wait 1 more week to flip given 4 weeks between the 2 flower tents. Was concerned about running outta juice in these small pots but decided to top dress every 2 weeks. Gonna wet em when the lights come on.

11 Likes

Gotta stop using words like decided in this log…

4x4 lights off at 6:30am today. 1st day of 12/12. Sprayed with citric, agsil 16, Dr Bronners peppermint and cocowet. Inside and out we have 14 unsexed plants: Blue Thai, Garlic Goji and Goji Og f2. Males will be culled and either Old Soul or Strawberry Headband will replace em and go out, whichever is less happy.
Watered in silica last night, both tents. 5x5 is chugging along, fan intensity increased to 100%. Looking at the forming flowers looks like I’ve trimmed closer to 1/2 than 1/3 off plants, hell maybe even 3/5🤣. Outdoors is going great. F.S. x F.S. auto getting closer by the day. She looks oily/greasy in the sun and smells rank. Give Thanks

11 Likes

Ok so things are moving forward. Watched a video about early sexing that only added to my confusion. So far, there’s no reason to believe boys have been a problem in the past. That ain’t it. Once boys are culled, outside and in 4x4, those pots become available. 9-10 Old Soul and Strawberry Headband. 7 Sour Bluetooth f2. SBs are maybe 3-4 weeks younger than the Bodhi strains. B strains have been unhappy in solos for maybe 2 weeks. Gonna plant the SBs and put em outside, I think. The B strains will bounce back when space allows and we’re excited to run BOG gear. Figure they’ll veg a week or so as they adjust to new light schedule. Then back to the waiting for sex stage, take cuts and cross fingers. Been slacking on IPM in 5x5. Sprayed 4x4 with Spinosad this morning. Will hit with Neem oil next. Wanna make sure all Sulfur is washed off B4. Currently in week 4 in 5x5. Don’t like the idea of spraying flowers. Probably spray Regalia in there until week 6. Is it normal that 30-35 seedlings have been run with no nanners? Many hairs look 1/4-1/2 red which I read is a sign of pollination. 5 of the plants that were yanked outta pots will be given new homes soon for the final outdoor stretch, giving more room for the SBs. Here are a coupla pics of the Fugue State x Forum Stomper auto

Thanks for checking in.
Peace

10 Likes

Razzberry Unicorn day 24f

14 Likes

Happy New Day!!
Of the 5 plants taken outside from the 4x4 because of height and space, 1 is male 3 look female and 1 is slow. In the 4x4 3 plants showed male parts and were moved outside. That’ll give 4 pots if these numbers remain. Wanted 7 for the Sour Bluetooth f2. Old Soul and Strawberry Headband have been in solos awhile and aren’t super happy. Instead of getting the SB to that place just transplant em and put em outside. OS and SH will be fine.

While looking at the parts in the 4x4 I crushed 4-5 ‘Aphids’. Fawkers. Talked to a buddy who suggested getting a good pic and then looking up Russet Mites. Didn’t need a pic cuz I was off some fresh kills. Googled and decided those are what’s in the tent. That lasted maybe 3 hours. Damage isn’t consistent with any mite damage I’ve ever seen. Mite damage is pok-a-dots. This is different. These are on leaf surface and in new flower growth, only seen mites underside of leaf. There also huge compared to mites I’ve seen. Soo this morning I got a pic of what I believe is an Aphid.

Plants washed well with water in preparation for next step. By next Friday they will have been hit with 3 different substances. Bas Neem oil, Dr Zymes, Dr Bronners Peppermint, Sevin Sulfur dust, Spinosad and Citric Acid are in the cabinet. Oh there’s also some Safers insecticidal spray available, pyrethrum I think. They will be sprayed right B4 lights out tomorrow morning, Tuesday and Friday. Sulfur-waterwash-Dr Zymes-waterwash-Neem. I am open to any/all suggestions as today is day 5f, oh and can you please help identify the pest. The good news is that I haven’t seen any in the 5x5 or outside. Bigger soil systems? Cover crops?

It’s a beautiful Friday. Water and deep breathing. Have a great weekend.

6 Likes

Definitely looks like an aphid to me.

3 Likes

Good looking out @syzygy I agree.

I put the 7 Sour Bluetooth f2s outside in bigger pots. Guessing yield will be very low but we’ll learn.

The Old Soul and Strawberry Headband aren’t happy with my decision but they will be.

The 5 tall plants taken from the 4x4 all have girl parts. Still watching but so far 3/14 males. The 3 that I thought might be boys were showing clear after 2-3 days outside. Will be taking cuts soon. Still a couple possibles in the tent.

5x5 got 1 less hour of light when switched from 7-7 to 6-6 the other night. At 4 weeks I’ll begin shaving 15 minutes a week so that by week 8 lights will be on 11 off 13.

Shout-out @Hapi @CrunchBerries @CADMAN and @DougDawson for a fantastic Friday.

Peace

15 Likes

4x4 hit with Safers insecticidal spray yesterday. End of outdoor veggies bottle. Plants look shiny/oily at lights on… crushed 4-6 critters :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. While preparing a 32oz bottle of water to rinse oil off in preparation for Sulfur, decided to add a tsp Dr Bronners Peppermint. More oil, haha.

5x5 Day 27f.
Unfortunately I didn’t do a stem rub, not really good with the nose. Will get back to that.

Space Monkey. 2 plants in 10g. Similar structure to each other, squat and compact, second shortest in tent.

Magic Goat in the Earthbox. Haven’t filled reservoir yet. She drinks 1g every 3-4 days rn. Fresh soil and the first time with only 1 plant in EB.

Iraqi Goji in a 7g alone. First of four TALL girls. Heartiest drinker of the bunch.

Jeffrey (Jeffrey is: terminal lance (vs1 x in the pines)X magic man ) from pirateshipbaba. 2 of em in a 15g. Tall and skinny thicc. Maybe the most interesting stink growing so far.

Babylon Buster alone in a 10g. Beautiful plant. Colafull. Smelly. Ahh.

African Dragon (Mac Dragon x Congo landrace) also from pirateshipbaba. 2 of em in a 7g fabric stuffed in a ?g plastic. Tallest with the biggest aggressive looking pistils.

Razzberry Unicorn solo in a 10g. Shortest in tent. Pot sits atop other end of Earthbox to give u an idea how short. Most colorful and fastest trich development. Fantastic looking flowers. Most anticipated so far.

Group shot. Desperately in need of staking. Soon come. Forgive the phone cam and limited descriptions. Overall happiness a gwan. Tents are less than 2 ft apart but no Aphids in 5x5. Better soil life/bigger older pots?
Enjoying the freedom. Will begin 15 minutes weekly light subtraction tomorrow night. Thanks for hanging out and please don’t leave with any lighters u ain’t bring.

Peace

13 Likes

2.5cups+ EWC, 1cup Craft Blend, 1 cup EB Stone 0-10-10, 1/7th cup Azomite, 1/6th cup of crushed Egg and Mussels shells handful of Oat Flour and a handful of Nutritional Yeast mixed up and top dressed 5x5 with a cup a pot. None for EB. Tomorrow.

12 Likes

Hit the 4x4 with a strong mix of Dr. Zymes yesterday. Woke to critters in the tent. Damnit! Turned light intensity down and sprayed Sulfur this morning. There’s 1 Blue Thai that seems to be a rest haven for em. Considering isolating the plant somewhere outside. Outside.

^^ Fugue State x Forum Stomper lower bud. Looks like someone poured moist sugar on her. Can’t quite capture the sun reflecting in trichs. Beautiful.

^^ WC has the thickest stalk I’ve ever grown. Mango Smile auto sharing the pot. She’s small and I look forward to when she tightens up.

^^ @Rogue stylee. Pineapple, Basil, Beets, Cover Crop, Broccolis(I think), 2 WC cuts. Broccoli is my favorite so far. Pests love it.

^^ 20g that had a slow start ( 3rd run in this soil). Zkittles and 2 Cherry Trance cuts. See the life? Bottom water this one often. All is well

^^ 30g tote with 2 MB. Dahlia flowers added to soil surface cuz they pretty. They smell strong when watered. Mayhaps that’ll have a good effect on the Cannabis?

Magic Goat in an interesting Bamboo thingy planted in a 10g.
Getting the watering right in this one.

^^ Homemade EWC. Cannabis, Rabbit poo, kitchen scraps, paper, egg shells… Save a buck. Good shit.

If I see em in the 4x4 this evening don’t know what will be next. If it’s the 1 Blue Thai she’ll probably be put out.

Thanks
Peace

13 Likes

^^2x2 Old Soul, Strawberry Headband and 1 Maroon Baboon given new shoes. This was Sunday and they pouted for damn near an entire day. They will let me know their sex B4 5x5 finishes at 10 weeks.

Woke up to Aphids on the Blue Thai in the 4x4 this morning. Took her outside and away from others. Leaving 2 Goji Og f2, 2 Garlic Goji and 1 Blue Thai to finish.

5x5 1/2 cup of Craft Blend and 1/2 cup 0-10-10 covered with 2 1/2 cups of EWC in the Earthbox. Slowly staking the tent.

Outside The Sour Bluetooth f2s will grow without being topped. Just wanna see em do they natural thing. Still need cuts from 4x4 and all that’s been removed from 4x4. 6 outside and 5 in tent. Great f:m ratio 11/3. FS x FS auto may be a week or 2 from chop. The Mango Smile will take longer. Her buds are airy, soft to the touch/squeeze. Hoping they harden.

Will use one of these tents to dry. Hopefully all will fit in 4x4. Visible roots on 3-4 IG, 2 RU, 1 ?(Babylon Buster?) and I think AD has some as well.

Everyone please remember how little we know. Ancestors traveled by constellation and we have GPS. Entropy. Just saying that we don’t seem to be moving forward/progressing.
Ok, sermon over haha.

Bless Up

11 Likes

Any advice annhiliating Aphids?

@supershitfuck @Dr.VitaminGreen @Rogue @ramblinrose @syzygy @ElGalloBlanco @DougDawson

7 Likes

I wouldn’t know i have predators! i had aphid once it was because of aphid infested corn right outside my grow, and whatever home depot neem oil i sprayed 'em with killed 'em

4 Likes

Spinosad, Captain Jack’s Dead Bug is at a box store

3 Likes

A soap spray using Dr. Bronner’s castile soap at 6 tablespoons to 1 gallon will kill the aphids on contact. A weekly neem oil foliar should help as a preventative used throughout veg and into the first week or two of flower.

EDIT: Should add that afterwards you will likely want to spray the plant off with just water to get the excess soap and aphids off as well.

6 Likes

Sorry brother, out of my wheelhouse. I have never had to fight pests, knock on wood. @George may have some advice to help.

5 Likes

Wash / smush em off is what I do outdoors on like kale. Spinosad takes care of it too - just wouldnt use near flower.

4 Likes

I’ve been using Capt’ Jacks Dead Bug Brew and this diy recipe from the first time I got spider mites. I rotate these twice a week while pests are present, then once a week after a month of no visible pests. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks to all OGers for the prompt and thorough responses. I put 6 TBS Dr Bronners Peppermint in a gallon of water. Will spray heavy B4 lights out tomorrow morning.

Got a cool package in the mail

Made by @syzygy, thanks kind human

13 Likes