Blowgank420’s first grow

That’s gorgeous my man I’ll be happy with those results…thankyou for the advice…this is my first time growing an I’m super nervous even though I’ve been reading up on it for over a yr now an finally decided to drop the medical card an just grow my own

3 Likes

So 1 last question I already ordered the hlg 100 v2 3000k because I thought it would be best for veg an flower but in your honest opinion after seeing what you grew should I just change it to the 4k?? Or should I order both like you said…what I’m asking is will the 3k be enough to veg as well or just flower

2 Likes

3K will be good for veg and flower. I’ve had good results with it as well.

6 Likes

I’m sure the light you ordered will be fine for veg and flower. I chose the 4000K in the hope that the extra blue light would help keep the plants short (and it seems to work), but I’m sure a 3000K will work well enough.

I used to veg plants under those mostly red “blurple” LEDs and that worked just fine, so I wouldn’t worry much about it.

In the end, the number of photons you’re pushing is more important than getting the spectrum perfect, and “paralysis of analysis” won’t help you fill your jars with great homegrown smoke :smile:

Good luck on the first grow! I’m jealous of that “smoking my own for the first time” experience you’re going to have soon!

6 Likes

Alright so I’m sure theres a few other things I need to purchase.but so far i got my 2x2x5.11 goriila tent i got 1 hlg 100 v2 4k light I got my seeds… i need help with what else i need to get my first time garden started…I need to know what’s a good pot to use? What kind of soil to purchase mind you I’m in pa where we cant purchase mmj soil from local stores so I either have to create a mix or direct me to where I could purchase it please? I also need to know where everybody gets the netting as well as what’s a really good fan/ thermostat etc an anything else I might forget forgetting…oh an ph testing kits…does any old kit do or should I go with something special lol…I dont mind spending the cash to have a nice grow setup…so please any advice would be greatly appreciated

6 Likes

Hello @Blowgank420. Good to see some more PA folks on OG. First off any plastic or fabric pot will do, just get a few different sizes for when you need to up- pot, or transplant when the plants out grow the pots they’re in. As for soil I always liked fox farms happy frog. It won’t burn plants like they’re ocean forest sometimes does. Remember depending on container size, that the plants will deplete all the nutrients and you will need to supplement with a complete fertilizer. Again fox farm makes decent ferts for soil like they’re grow big, and tiger bloom. If you want to go the just add water route, since this is your first grow, there are a couple “living soil” brands that will provide (usually) all the nutes the plants need throughout all stages of growth. Kind soil is a decent brand I have used before. Just google kind soil, or living soil and a few brand should pop up. As for fans and filters, and thermostats and stuff, Amazon and eBay have been my go to sites for those things. A four inch fan and filter combo should be just fine for your size tent. Just remember sometimes Amazon ships things in its original packaging. That could be an issue if you don’t want your neighbors to see what’s being delivered to your doorstep. Choose ship in Amazon packaging at check out. Hope some of this helps. If you have anymore questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Peace.

8 Likes

hope you don’t mind me jumping on your thread here looking for led options for 2x4 tent thinking about a HLG 260 or SF 2000 thoughts suggestions, growing autos btw if that helps thanks folks and as always grow on…

1 Like

I was looking to light a 5x5 tent and considered the SF4000 but just ordered two SF2000s instead (better coverage, can run different heights, still have one light if the other breaks…). They seemed to be backordered or delayed so that might factor into your decision if you’re in a rush.

The 4000k will do just fine.

2 Likes

so excited just got my seeds my tent my light my soil my nutts my different size pots …just need to get a small fan an hygrometer an timer receptical…an I’ll be off to start my very very very first grow ever…I cant wait to see how well I do…i was gonna start 2 seeds but figure it would prolly be better to focus on 1 seed untill I have a good system down…but man did I say how excited I am lol

8 Likes

I am definitely jealous of that seed collection there! :star_struck: You might want to start 5 or 6 seeds just in case you get the odd, weak, or mutated seedling. That way you don’t have to start over waiting for seeds to crack, you can focus and take extra care of the strong ones. Just my two cents lol!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, you’re off on the right foot :star_struck:

1 Like

600Watt HPS.

Nothing more nothing less… Still haven’t headrd about anyone getting more from a 1000Watt… This is 16Years now.

Sure you should get a 600Watt MH for the Veg state.

But can you only afford one. Buy the HPS. Better to have a good flowering period.

Welcome!

With HLG you only need around 30w/sq.ft… A 2x2 is 4 square feet x 30 = 120w. At most. You’ll likely be fine with what you got. You could replace it with a HLG 135 rspec but I’d sooner go samsung F strips or Bridgelux EB’s if you do want to replace it. Will be cheaper and just as good if not better since better spread, need to be a little handy though but not much. Again though, you shouldn’t need to change your light at all, it’ll work just fine; but if you do decide to change it, now or later, this is where I’d go.

6 Likes

Thanks think I’ll stick to buying my lights if I lived somewhere it was ok to grow then yeah I’d look into building my basement into a grow room but for now I’m ok with buying…I have thought of eventually going to a 2x4x6 tent so after looking into the hlg 135 rspec I think that’s the route I’m going to go but they are all sold out right now everywhere…atleast the few places I’ve checked…but I did find the optic phatslim xl 108w full spectrum light an its 50$ more then the hlg but they are in stock now but it would boost my 2x2 upto 200watts is that to much light??? It does have a dimmer…an sorry I meant to say I use. I love marijuana.coms diary page as well an as of lately I havent been able to get any help from any body

2 Likes

Hey man hope it’s going well.
If this is your first time I would keep it simple and use what you have. You really do have everything you need so fire it up and run a plant and by the end of the grow you will have gained a lot of invaluable experience and be able to apply it to your situation.

You can very easily grow good bud under 25w per square foot of canopy which is what you have. An autoflower may or may not full your space but the only way to know what you need is to run it. A co2 generator is probably not needed in my opinion as it can overcomplicate something that’s quite simple.

Concentrate on getting your temperature and humidity in line throughout your grow and learn to water properly as they will really effect your yields the most in the end.

7 Likes

welcome!!! I live by the rule you can never have enough light / lumens / watts in the proper spectrum. That rule is costly though.
If it is your first time ever I would start off with bag seeds you dont even have to finish them but youll probably kill a few at first over thinking stuff.
We have all been in your shoes at a point in time , some longer than others . If you have questions just ask we are willing to help.

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to OG beer|nullxnull . I think “Autoflowers are easy” is an urban legend. They have a scheduled lifetime and if they’ve got any feeding error, pest or whatever you won’t have time to recover them.

I would start with what you have and bagseeds as it has been wisely said. Play and learn. Once you’ve got them dialed and everything under control will be the time to move on and improve, cheers … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Question for you then I was thinking of buying the optic farslim xl 108w full spectrum light since it’s small enough to place along side my hlg 100w because I alressy threw away package it came in…an if I get the hlg 135 I wont be able to fit both in my tent unless I stagger the height but not so sure that’s the best idea. Wouldnt that cause the under light to become warmer then usual? So in your opinion is 200 watts to much for my 2x2

2 Likes

Also by bagseeds do you mean like tomatoes or peppers or are bag seeds cheaper or something?