Blue Velvet - Dutch Passion / Dj Short - Seed Run Co-Op By Chronickyle (CLOSED)

You got this mate

3 Likes

Yeah it’s still a little early. I got faith. At least it STS and not CS. From my understanding STS has a better track record.
Now STS and CS, do they just stress the plant to herm or is there something else going on?

3 Likes

They increase the ethylene levels until male parts from from my understanding. Hardy plants are harder to turn though. So I can totally understand these blue velvet not turning the easiest. Because both of the moms have been put through every stress test imaginable over a few years and they have never ever showed a hint of herming.

Edit. It actually decreases the ethylene levels

7 Likes

Ethylene huh. Now that you say it, it dose ring a bell. I’ve read that strong plants can have a hard time trying to reverse. I have never had a plant herm. Nor have I ever seen one in person. My cousin had a hermie his last grow but nothing to crazy because I didn’t see it at all. It must have been a just a few pollen sacks. We didn’t know until after harvest.

3 Likes

Apparently it reduces the ethylene. I’m not sure why that would flip a plant, but my knowledge about ethylene is limited.

Here’s a research report from 2018. I haven’t read the whole thing yet. :slight_smile:

Foliar Sprays of Silver Thiosulfate Produce Male Flowers on Female Hemp Plants.pdf (320.1 KB)
:guitar:

7 Likes

Thanks for catching that @Guitarzan you know what they say about assuming haha. It deffinetly decreases it. My apologies their.

4 Likes

Shit man, until I read your post I didn’t even know ethylene was involved. :slight_smile: That’s why I looked it up. :grinning:
:guitar:

6 Likes

Here’s the plants in the trade 1 gallon pots. They have only recieved some. Dyna mixed in soil when they were planted, 1 top dressing and 1 watering that had kelp and fish shit in it. Other than that just water. No ph or ppm ever checked and I have hard well water.

Strawberry Banana Kush

Pineapple skunk

Cindy 99

Blue velvet clone 1 (sts)

Blue Velvet clone 3 (sts)

30 Likes

These have both been on dyna gro bloom nutes nothing extra.

Blue Velvet 3 mom.

Blue velvet 1 mom

36 Likes

Nice updates buddy. The plants are looking great!

4 Likes

Nice plants @Chronickyle . I just polished off some of the same peanuts :peanuts: recently :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh and the moms are in trade 3 gallon pots.

5 Likes

Thanks man!

Thanks man. And they sure are tasty. Much better with a cold beer.

10 Likes

All out of likes. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

good looking plants! whos cindy are you running?

1 Like

It’s a cut I purchased a couple years ago all I know is that I really enjoy the bud. I’ve ran outdoor the last couple summers and it was great. This is first time
Indoor. Really wish I knew more about it. But where I got it from I have no guarantees that its real. Could be but im not sure sadly. It’s the only plant I have that I’m unsure about but kept because it is so good.

10 Likes

Your plants are looking great! Excellent work. :seedling: I’d be interested in the Cindy cross too if it’s going to be successful and you can spare a few.

6 Likes

If it works deffinetly will pass some your way. Hopefully the 1-7 fresh sts does the trick.

11 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :seedling:

4 Likes

Waiting with bated breath.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes