Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Has anyone grow out the skunk hp freebies from earlier last yr?

8 Likes

Dang that bubbashine sounds amazing. Would love to have been able to grow some of those seeds.

7 Likes

90% sure this is Mountain Temple (mixups in veg). Could’ve gone to 22 OCT but could smell it 250yd away so I chopped on 01 OCT (pictured). Up close it smelled like STRONG lemon cleaner with a touch of skunk/garlic if you looked for it. Effects from tester buds were like Adderal and lasted about an hour. Turned it all into RSO along with the rest of the crop since I prefer edibles.

Germed 26 MAY and planted 02 JUL (extremely rootbound in a solo cup). Got about 5ft tall and yield was equivalent to 8oz dried. Probably would’ve been 12-16oz if allowed to finish. Last pic is from 21 JUL… would’ve been enormous if planted on 21 MAY. Insane vigor and the effect was perfect for ADHD. Got lightly pollinated by a C99 male from FDM, so we’ll see if any of those 25 seeds pop next year :crossed_fingers:

30 Likes

Where would I be able to find info on the latest LE release bodhi did? I think it was 4 strains. Also, when ordering direct, do they include extras or not usually?

6 Likes

I’d imagine there’s more than one keeper pheno with SSDD. I know I’ve found several, but then another comes along!

This one I’ve got going right now has never smelled of blueberries, or butter… at least the blueberries and butter I know!

She gets a fresh, yeasty, baked something like rolls nose, in mid bloom, that transitions to a sweeter smell that’s not fruity to me, then finishes with a really fresh weed sweet and sour thing… if that makes any sense.

I’ve grow out a bunch of packs, and never got a real blueberry muffin 'n butter thing.

I’ve chosen this one because it melts a nerve pain in my back, and suits my grow style. It is not viney, not temperamental, yields nicely, and has no ceiling, tolerance or buzz wise. She’s not the easiest to clone, but she’s worth that trade-off.

I do have a pack of SSDD Butter Cut x Wookie that Mrs B sent along after testing some other stuff, I just haven’t gotten around to popping it… the space/time incontinum, lol!

SSDD is my desert island gal.

40 Likes

If Bodhi won, Green Bodhi would probably assume he won and show up on inauguration day.

/s

25 Likes

:joy:
I like your style McSmackers!

8 Likes

Breedbay definitely holds a spot in Bodhi’s heart. I was over there poking around (and reading some old threads) the other day and saw that Bodhi took care of a big chunk of the next server/forum work–again.

I also got about 70-80 pages into the old Bodhi release thread on BB. Some of the stuff Bodhi used to put up for sale/auction on Breedbay is crazy to read now. It was definitely cool to be reading along and find one of the original forum announcements of his new cross called Sunshine Daydream…and another new one called Goji OG.

22 Likes

i’ve read that when ordering from the etsy store, Extras only come w/ shirts, hoodies, etc. listed as “LE” in the item name. LE events only last a couple hours at a time.
And are announced on Ms. B’s IG page. It might be now called shine_thru_love but i’m not positive. They’re moving the store in a diff. direction from plantmoreseeds.

11 Likes

Yeah the “keeper pheno” of SSDD smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins, has “wizard hat” type bud structures, with a warm-blanket effect high, and nerve pain killing properties.

My F2 keeper matches Bodhi’s description of Bubbashine pretty much exactly. Doesn’t make you sleepy at all unless you take her past 70 days. I normally pick her around 60 for daytime use. This is her at 31 days on the current sensi run.

And a clone of her that was seeded with BX1’s

42 Likes

I find this really interesting! Makes me think the Appalachia male was the one carrying the butter/cream type notes then if it shows up in Goji, SSDD, and Mother’s Milk :thinking:

Speaking of Butter and Mother’s Milk, this was an F2 from Motz I just grew out and took down at 60 days.

She has a lemon chem thing going on but once dried and in the jars she’s coming out 100% sour… butter or cream or something dairy. JUST like the sour smell from the SSDD but “without the blueberry tone”. Its a lemon tone with this one. Like a sour lemon custard :drooling_face:

Effects are straight daytime. Really clear headed and functional without any raciness/motivation nor couchlock.

Pop those F2’s!

46 Likes

Good point including this detail. I definitely should have been more clear and included that the SSDD BubbaShine pheno I reviewed had a good portion of amber trichomes and was around 70-75 days if I had to guess~. I probably should try it again at some point around 60 days if I can find her again!

I wish I was confident in identifying this butter smell everyone speaks of. Maybe I need to buy some butter and let it go sour or something haha.

11 Likes

Y’all are making me really pine for the SSDD with these descriptions. That and a blueberry doughnut…

18 Likes

Haha no kidding! Im planning on doing a little bubbashine hunt soon. A few f2s of blue tara, ssdd, and bubbashine hashplant each. Hoping for some nice mellow evening indicas and some tasty blueberry muffin goodness.

20 Likes

Goji has no Appalachia in it.
SSDD = Bubbashine x Appalachia
Mothers Milk = Nepali OG x Appalachia
Goji OG = Nepali OG x Snow Lotus

Snow Lotus = Afgooey x Blockhead
Appalachia = Green Crack x Tres Dog

Just to keep things straight

The more you know
-GH

23 Likes

Bubbashine?

12 Likes

Good catch, sorry about that. Was walking the dog and distracted.

Much appreciated
-GH

9 Likes

It’s pretty unmistakeable. Or it was with the one male plant that I had, at least. I’m not the best at identifying smells, either, but this was something that was not hard at all to tell what I was smelling. And I wasn’t even “looking” for it, either. I remember I’d kind of forgotten about the whole “hot butter” thing when I’d planted those seeds. Until I smelled it haha. Then I was like,”Ohhhh yeahhhh, that’s right, the butter!”

13 Likes

Oh duh! My bad, goji shares the same mom as mother’s milk at least. But then that’s a total outlier in those data points :joy: unless the Nepali OG also carries it :thinking:

11 Likes

:eyes:

I know B released at least a few crosses with the bubbashine… I had found a post from him on breedbay a long time back saying he was taking it to everything (he gave a whole list) but I never really saw any of those get released. Appy (ssdd) and Snow Lotus(blue tara) for sure, but hadn’t seen a ghash cross before, or anything else. Ive only been able to find blue tara and ssdd.

Hope you’re able to post some pics when you get to em!

17 Likes