Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Pretty space monkey!
Update on my end with wonder wookies and madre azul: day 56, i think theyre looking like 70days to be fully ripe. Wonderful berry / purple / hawaiian punch aroma from the wonder wookies, with one having some cedar. Madre azul is lemon citrus berry - just like the description! Wonder wookie seems like it will yield well - depends on density. Pretty happy with these - first go with led for flower and they did well. Didnt push the brightness too hard this go, maxed at 650par, next time Ill go higher.
Madre Azul:

Wonder wookies:

41 Likes

Which PAR meter do you have? Been looking for one but not sure what’s good aside from the Apogee that costs $$$

9 Likes

Thats just using the app phototone. Yeah any decent meter seems to be costly… phone app seems to be good enough for a ballpark guess. As long as its consistent its somethin to work off ha.

11 Likes

Check out Shane with migro he recommends a meter that is about 30$ may have to scroll through his videos it was months ago he did the tests.

7 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=shane+migro+meter&oq=shane+migro+meter&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l2.5264j1j7&client=ms-android-samsung-rvo1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:fc426980,vid:43oKSevormQ
Spoton quantum meter

7 Likes

I have one of the apogees. Got a friend to go halfsies on it with me. Also my local organic grow shop (BuildASoil grow shop basically) has one they will let you borrow if you buy a light. I bought mine when Build A Soil had a big sale on everything on their website.

I’d call around to see if you can borrow/rent one for a day.

9 Likes

ive had the apogee epar(pq-612) for about 18months now. if i had to do it over again i sure wouldnt waste the money. the bluetooth logger has had to be returned due to killing batteries(6 uses for 2 minutes each). i did use it the other day but thats only to keep notes. if you look at the ppfd maps the mfg suggest i wouldnt worry about a meter.
apogee was good about getting me a replacement bluetooth logger since it was under warranty.

8 Likes

Air guitar is getting really close ! It’s a few days past week 9 but I want to see if it packs on a bit more frost.

41 Likes

@Slammedsonoma420

Isn´t that like 300+$ meter? Not 30$.?
:thinking:

7 Likes

The apogee is closer to 700. The spot on when he made the video was about 30 I think.

Sorry I just looked. It must be a different meter. But he did review something in the 30$ range.

Maybe this one

I don’t feel like searching his YouTube channel.

9 Likes

Wasn’t the big drive to use Li-Cor and Apogees driven by the fact most quantum & light meters either weren’t detecting or there was improper weighting of light above 650~nm, which was a big problem for blurples using mostly 660nm Red diodes? I’d assume if you’re a hobbyist using mostly white lights it shouldn’t be a big deal anymore and ultimately just function as a reference point.

I bought a used Apogee 500 series back when I was assembling my own lights and was curious about coverage , intensity, penetration into the canopy etc. Realistically hardly ever gets used and would have spent the money on something else if I could go back in time…

12 Likes

I downloaded the app @ramblinrose mentioned. Will give it a try later

9 Likes

@Slammedsonoma420

I only mentioned it as I was bummed thinking it was so cheap and then finding out it wasn´t.

Seems like a solid meter though.

7 Likes

@VAhomegrown

I´m using it, and it is good, especially after calibrating it in the hydro store with their PAR meter. It wasn´t off that much at all initially anyhow…

9 Likes

reposting this from another thread but you dont NEED an apogee if you have a phone with a proper sensor :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I have no idea if it does or not. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

4 Likes

Let’s keep it to the bodhi topic guys… we’ll move the above talk of par meters into another thread shortly, but let’s keep the train on the tracks.

:grin:

10 Likes

Got 2 Cherry Lotus @89 days 12/12 from seed. Both very compact, fat firm buds 4 sided with fairly narrow leaves. Smell like nervous type sweat. Both still making new flowers but getting more amber trykes each day. I expect these down this week. Dusted one with Soulmate magic. Hoping for beans.

21 Likes

Sour Diesel Chaco Cut x 88g13HP have been sexed so popped 3 one kaputz … #1 is male and #2 female … Topped them and hoping they take their time to stretch out enough for me to clone to kill.
Male

Female

33 Likes

My Lavender Jack cut all seeded up from the Blue Sunshine male and about to get chopped!

52 Likes