Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3)

As far as what he’s made seeds with so far, I think all he has left is the 88g13hp male. I think I read the OMG and SSDD males were lost. There was something not too long ago where he implied he was looking for new males, but aside from some of the testing work/clones that have shown up on Radio Ridge Nursery’s list and what he made for berner, none of them have been released for home growers.

I wouldn’t be shocked to learn that his employment contract with cookies severely limits what he can release seed-wise outside the cookies brand—or for that matter, what can be released to the home grower/non-licensed markets.

The seed game, especially, is drying up. Everyone and their brother thinks they can launch a seed company using the same hype crap everyone else uses.

And the few good dispos are getting undercut by the trash mass-market dispos and either selling or shutting down. Legality is watering everything down.

That’s partly why people like Tom Hill (and maybe Bodhi) are going back to what they love. For Tom, it’s stuff like his rip your head off haze. For Bodhi, it’s landrace and heirloom genetics. In both cases, it’s to rediscover effects that are missing from “Wally World” weed.

24 Likes

Seemed fitting that I received these based on the conversation. The algorithms are listening!

20 Likes

I think read something that one of his males dudded out. So it’s possible something infected his garden.

And I agree with everything getting watered down. As prices fall and more people stop growing because of money reasons, you’ll have more people growing as a hobby. And us hobbyists want unique things like sativas that you will never see for sale.

I bet if pure sativas grew as quick as indicas, people would smoke more sativa. It just sucks when the grow takes twice as long, and you get half as much.

16 Likes

Little late on the open pollination,
Me, Boghi, and a few other guys were in a circle talking about this at EC in 2018.
A laissez faire OP favors the earliest males and usually the latest as well, depending on flowering time and flowering windows.

Ideally, one would take all males to a 2nd location and then paintbrush a single male to a single female branch, woth the plant having umpteen branches, thats FxM1, FxM2, FxM3, etc for each female.

For an OP in a single location, pinch back the males til they all have the same amount and let it all fly.

18 Likes

While I acknowledge that you’re all making some excellent points and are totally correct… not everyone has the facilities, situation, or time to pull off what you’re suggesting. Yes throwing polyhybrid females and males (or at least the ones without glaringly obvious negatives traits) in a tent and letting them go at it may end up making a muddle mess of genetics, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t worth doing. Do what you can with what you’ve got.

26 Likes

Man, Life is change. Some rise, some fall… Be happy about your good times, but watch out. Life gets you into a false sense of security, so that the pulling the rug out from under you is funnier. Glad to hear everyone plans on making seeds. And that it has been blessed to be. Live now, while you can. Love the one you’re with. I hope you all catch fire…in your gardens. Fire weed, not you or your gardens catching on fire. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

ssdd x gogi og and old soul clone(back right)getting flipped in the morning hopefully I can control these beasts :joy:

34 Likes

Look what came in today, much thanks @nefrella!
Love the cat picture too, it’s the only cat I’m not allergic too. Haha

26 Likes

Haha, glad they made it @Natea !

4 Likes

Those should fill your tent up pretty quick. Looking nice and healthy.

6 Likes

What’s up folks.
Not really much to look at but really stoked to grab this Uplift female.

My lavlavender Jack clone, this was her from seed.

Cheers

42 Likes

Smoking on a small tester nug taken off a Appalachian Super Skunk plant at 70 days. Still shooting a lot of white pistils, probably from the lighting mishap on my end. I noticed a few weeks ago that the timer turns on the lights at 10pm and then turns them off at 1030pm for 15 minutes. I think this has prolonged flowering times for all in the tent, as they are all behind schedule compared to another tent with the same genetics.

Taste - sweet on the draw, with some skunky old school weed like tastes. Taste covers your mouth and it’s all you taste for a few minutes. Reminds me of some real deal Sour D I’ve gotten in NYC. Very strong and only one hit and I’m feeling pretty good already. Groovy like high.

26 Likes

Here is my Endor Score #2. This is the odds on favorite to be a keeper out of the three. This one was the least floppy although did require some tying and staking. It looks to be the best yielder, and turned out to be a good looking plant with some purple hues sneaking in. I’m hopeful she comes out nicely in the smoke test.

45 Likes

Looks great brother ! @Chiefer88

I got a pack of these on the way, makes me excited as hell to have them in my possession as yours look delicious… let us know how the smoke is when you try it out !!

9 Likes

Endor Score 3 was the one I had my eye on as the front runner early on. She was a floppy mess though and could have used more support. Yield looks a little under average, but she had solid frost.

36 Likes

Endor Score #1 was similar to number 3, but slightly less floppy and perhaps a touch less frosty.

42 Likes

Lol that looks like some of the gojis I grew last. Some were just flopping starting week 6 or so of flower…some held up nice though

10 Likes

@Chiefer88 Out of curiosity, did you grow those Endor Scores naturally or did you top them and/or do any training?

8 Likes

They were all topped once and trained as they grew.

7 Likes

That’s interesting. Because I’ve heard Apollo 11 has spindly branches ordinarily and when it’s topped it gets even more splindly and unwieldy. So it may be that the more floppy plants lean a bit more to the A11 side, at least in terms of structure.

9 Likes