Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Already ran some playa :wink:

2/4 Unicorn Milk have popped up though in the root riots.

5 Likes

Fuckin A, how’d they do?? Paint us a word picture…

2 Likes

Has anyone ever ran these out
Also the lineage doesn’t match seedfinder

14 Likes

I would trust the pack label over seedfinder!

10 Likes

Said male I had ran 70 in flower outdoor in 2021

And these are my photos I uploaded to seed finder

Whatever Bubba was used I found no chocolate/pine.
Someone’s ran Baba kush as I saw the pictures and like them I had similar profile more so expresses in the male.
Floral more so slight buttery.

Although I’m getting all cornfused now but regardless shits good.

19 Likes

Here’s the Baba Kush I just chopped… the original Sunshine Daydream doesn’t use the Katsu clone, it’s whatever B had around back then, pre-98, whatever, I’m not 100% sure (see syzygy’s post below). The Baba Kush (Katsu Bubba Kush x SSDD) is almost like some sort of back cross of Bubba, as it’s speculated that the Katsu cut is an S1 of Bubba.

15 Likes

Strain Name:
sunshine daydream
Lineage
bubbashine x appalachia
Parental Information
f= bubbashine: original bubba kush clone x blue moonshine rare stretch indica male.
rare bodhiseeds strain of incredible resin and aroma with amazing pain relief qualities.

From : https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/strain-description-bodhiseeds-sunshine-daydream.201355673/

As you can see he used the Original Bubba Kush in his bubbashine, not the katsu cut. And here for Tigers Milk you can see him go more in depth on the Bubba Kush that was used.

mother: original bubba kush clone, i picked this cut up a long time ago, at first we thought it was called baba kush. a little more fragrant and stocky than the 98, less stretch and more kushy than the katsu. i think people are calling this original bubba or pre92? now.

From : https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/strain-description-bodhiseeds-tigers-milk.201354459/

The baba kush part may add to the confusion but I don’t see what’s confusing or complicated about it. The katsu crosses are clearly labeled as was said earlier :

acc858b43f55d616337c77f9809d8051c1df1c20

22 Likes

Speaking of, if anyone has a pack…

He’s a pro at knowing what his customers’ tastes are and whether stuff works well with his methods. But he has also absolutely shit on stuff that doesn’t work well with his methods or that his customers didn’t like—but that other people have grown without issue and thoroughly enjoyed. His write ups are frequently as much sales pitch and/or unnecessarily persuasive as they are informative.

As with any other grower/reviewer, it’s good to take the good with the bad. But since like @boatbum325 said, he pops more than most people do so his views are sometimes the only grow reports/reviews for a long time until others are able to make room to grow them.

12 Likes

@SmackyMcSmackers You are right in that he has said things like Bodhi should never have released a certain strain. Even though others may have had good results w that strain.
Soul Mate and other Wookie crosses was an example.

He has a lot of knowledge about plant biology which i have learned from him, but his ideas of what makes great weed is very different from mine.

I take his opinions w a grain of salt since he grows weed that is sold commercially and not for his own stash, he cares about “bag appeal”.
And customers shop w their eyes and noses so frost and terps are key to selling buds.

Effects are my top criteria, i don’t care if the bud looks shwaggy. How it makes me feel is most important.
So i look past some of his opinions and focus on his plant knowledge.

17 Likes

5 cracked Twin Flame V2 in used mix in Red Solos.

14 Likes

As I was told, Bubba Kush was a seedline and that pre98 and Katsu are sisters.

7 Likes

Me and stray are friends. Always have been. That was definitely a misquote. bodhi and I have been friends for over a decade now. I was stoked to see a killer Bodhi thread over here. But I def wanted to correct the one thing I saw mentioning me and stray. Absolutely love those dudes.

39 Likes

Hey @Matthewriot welcome to OG man, big fan of the podcast and everything :v:t2:

10 Likes

Any chance you ( @Matthewriot ) could post some info about the Diablo OG / Green Curry OG that Bodhi has used in various crosses including Cheech Wizard , Sorcerers Apprentice, Devil’s Hashplant and others? There’s been speculation that you were the one who gave him the cut and figured while you’re here it would be nice to ask. Other than a couple quotes I haven’t really been able to find much info. One of my Devil’s HP smelled soapy piney & peppery and when vaporized had a very intense smell that transformed the area into smelling like a catholic church.

Devil’s Hashplant ( Diablo OG x 88g13hp )

Devil’s Hashplant ( Diablo OG x 88g13hp ) seeded with Goji OG pollen

Welcome to OG also…

34 Likes

@Matthewriot welcome to the OG community!

9 Likes

Welcome to OG @Matthewriot

6 Likes

Welcome, and thanks for all the quality content you’ve been putting out. I really appreciate how you guys have pushed to improve over the course of the show.

Especially been enjoying the recent run of shows with Madjag and Raho.

7 Likes

@Matthewriot welcome bro. Love the content.

4 Likes

I have exactly 1 , & it’s mine mine mine…xinh loi cowboy

3 Likes