Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

how many seeds are required to do a proper f2? I’ve been considering doing that with my snugglefunk pack but only have 10 seeds

7 Likes

May I ask what the golden hashplant is. Golden triangle is tk x appy.
Edit. I may actually have those. Yes I do so if you run those and need extra.

12 Likes

I would hope 10 would be sufficient. I would love to see that SnuggleFunk f2’ed!

Yes @Slammedsonoma420 , it’s Golden Triangle x 88G13HP. Awesome of you to offer!

8 Likes

Golden hashplant is TRIANGLE KUSH X GREEN CRACK X TRES DAWG X ’88 G13 HASHPLANT

8 Likes

Holyweed for sure.

13 Likes

are you guys talking about co-op runs? Mind if I write up a quick overview of the rules and qualifications for co-op projects?

Maybe now since the Ghash male is no more, those strains will be “preservable” and qualify for future OG seedruns.

yes, if the 88g13hp male is officially retired, they will be elligible for co-op seed runs if the strain is out of stock everywhere that sells bodhi seeds. So as the 88g13hp stocks run out, those lines will become elligible for co-op preservation.

That would probably qualify.
There needs to be at least one full pack of 10 seeds for a co-op qualifying open pollination.

Of course, bodhi packs sometimes contain upwards of 13 seeds. Ideally we want as much diversity as possible, but 10 is the minimum, and would be fine for a co-op run and the same as a full pack from most breeders.

Sometimes the actual plant count ends up being lower than 10. If the project qualified at the beginning, the grower can complete the project with the surviving plants. if it’s an old pack with poor germ rates or losses due to weather or other conditions, some natural selection is to be expected.

some other rules to note,

The co-op only deals with seeds and strains in the original verifiable breeder packs, unless other verifying documenation can be provided.

The goal is to give people access to a faithful representation of the line as it came from the original breeder. not community sourced f-gens, or community made hybrids.

All co-op projects must be documented.

official co-op seed runs have to be done as an open pollination using all stable females and males. The grower is responsible for eliminating any hermaphrodites from the grow, otherwise there should be no selections or culling for the f2.

The goal is to preserve the line as is from the breeder- people who receive the seeds can make their own selections for further breeding.

The grower is also responsible to make sure there are no male plants or pollen from other strains during the duration of the co-op projects. no pollen from other lines should be flying during a co-op preservation. That includes male plants in other tents in the same building. And no selective pollinations with other strains of pollen can be done on females used for co-op breeding.
(we are in the process of updating our documents for rules on pollen precautions and cross-contamination prevention)

and lastly, here’s a link to the agreement with bodhi that our rules are based on. This basically serves as our guide for what strains we approve or reject.

They have to be discontinued lines no longer for sale, and anything currently available cannot be used for a co-op project unless the original breeder of the line gets in touch to give their specific approval for the strain to be bred and shared for free.

22 Likes

BTW pretty sure Healing Hashplant involves a cross to Respect OG

5 Likes

I was going to ask about that one, I haven’t heard of it before. If someone can find a picture of a pack or something, I’m curious to see the complete genetics.

side note- ac/dc is a really weird temperamental plant, and not easy to grow in my experience. It has weak overcooked spaghetti stems and completely collapses as the buds start to come in. Leaves like limp spinach. Smelled like tangerine which was pleasant.

The effect didn’t work at all for me medicinally, the muscle relaxant effect was too strong and it gave me unpleasant side effects.

I grew the original clone-only ac/dc in 2014-15 for a medical collective friend who needed pure cbd. most of the documentation I found at the time also said it was a pain in the ass to grow, I think I read that copious application of calmag helped with the rubbery stems.

definitely a very unique and potent plant, it really worked for my friend. but it was potentially quite unpleasant for the people it didn’t work for.

Plants like that are fascinating to me. ac/dc is my kyptonite haha.

I have a seed line of a particular durban hybrid from the prop 215 era that also makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, but it grows beautifully and a few people love it. A friend grows it almost every year. I keep it around in seed form, and occasionally I think I might want to smoke it or try a new pheno or something, but it’s always a terrible experience hahaha. that’s another kryptonite strain for me.

18 Likes

I have one, but it’s in a jar in the fridge. All. The. Way. Upstairs.

Off hand I can tell you it’s one of the green baggies with a gold foil label, and I’m fairly sure it says Respect OG x G13HP whatever…

11 Likes

Perhaps I’m remembering wrong but I feel like someone found some instability in the Hollyweed v1? I was thinking about reproing a pack but I thought I might just do it outdoors, which would mean next year at the earliest.

ETA: The most likely suspect said they didn’t they didn’t have problems, so may be a-okay. Still gonna have to wait.

12 Likes

little off topic detour.

when you look at this Temple (SSH x WilliamsWonder)… does plant or bud morphology scream anything to you? (for ex what does it look like or remind you of?)

23 Likes

Thank you for clarifying, i’ll fix my post.

@yardgrazer , do you remember if you got the Healing HP from GLG or from JBC? I know it was one of those. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m just testing the waters.
The Healing HP (using the Respect OG female) was a GLG freebie (in 2018 or early 2019 i think). It was the same drop that Bodhi also offered the Heavenly HP freebie.

Respect is a breeder who makes many strains usually exclusive to JBC seedbank.

Please do and thank you for posting this, so we’re all on the same page.

7 Likes

i been wanting to try that herer hashplant so F2s would be a blessin down the line!! Had some flower of it a while back and shit was killer piney jack but stonier high. i guess J1 x 88g13 could produce similar things but i fucks with that herer

9 Likes

I remember @supershitfuck grew it. Maybe he would have insight on instability?

6 Likes

has he officially retired them? i keep hearing rumors. so paranoid ive already been F2’ing wookie crosses like its the end of the world

4 Likes

I know it’s been settled and edited just wanted to add the image (not my image)

Don’t know anything about respect og but sounds like it may be worth seeing what’s in there to me…

13 Likes

I just ran some Temple and they were mostly haze looking to me. Def heavy on the Haze high too. Heres a sweetass cola I got off the best pheno for comparison

26 Likes

Most certainly GLG. I don’t think I’ve ever bought a Bodhi pack from JBC.

4 Likes

mines didnt herm, good weed too! i remember the seedlings had a hard time but then took off into big plants, creamy marshmallow garlic gas stuff very good

31 Likes