Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Nice! Yeah, I don’t know if he released it back in the day, maybe on seedbay or something like that. I’m not sure to be 100% honest, another resident Bodhi expert will hopefully chime in. Cool that you met Bodhi at the Emerald Cup, how was that?!

Sounds like you’ve done some good work with her, keep us updated on your selections. There’s often seedrun’s done here on OG to preserve some of those older Bodhi genetics, so maybe you can find a place for your seeds there?

Thank for the info and yeah, that’s important in my keeper criteria too, sounds like she fits the bill. I remember you telling me you used to do a bunch of extracts from your outdoor stuff… did you ever extract the SL, how’d she do?

26 Likes

If I remember correctly, the only time he released the Snow Lotus was at that Emerald Cup as 1 freebie per customer. It was a mad house at his booth, so I was buying seeds from his wife and mentioned my old hash company at the time would get like double yields off pretty much any of his strains, and would have the best effects. Then she grabbed him real quick and we told him. He just gave us a bigass smile and nodded his head lol. I used to run a booth at all those cups and know how busy you are, so I didn’t wanna bug him.

Yeah a big reason I’m here is hoping to share some of these wild Bodhi selections I’ve been playing with. I’ve got a few F2s already made and beggin to get hunted.

Great hash maker is usually a criteria for me as well. Luckily the SL makes crazy good hash. In my cooler days, the batches of SL hash would stay back as head stash for us and our good friends.

43 Likes

Someone on one of the other sites mentioned getting Triple Sunshine from Bodhi @ the 17 emerald cup and it became one of his favorites. Sounds like a lot of fire was being shared there. Also wanted to say welcome to OG. Awesome to see the SL grown out as well as read your your descriptions of it.

Waking Dream

Triple Sunshine C - nauseatingly strong & offensive odor. Very sticky.

44 Likes

Right on! What more can you say really? His work speaks for itself.

You’ve come to the right place, there’s plenty of people sharing their Bodhi F2s and crosses around here, sit back and settle in, make some friends… I personally love the Bodhi plant photos and info around here, so if you got anymore, post 'em up! (there’s also a thread specifically for Bodhi Plants - Bodhi Plant Guide) Welcome again!

23 Likes

Hola Gang

Growhard sent me a snow lotus BX f2
a few yrs ago.

Bare

26 Likes

I cut Tuesday. Day 68 for the Unicorn Milk now hanging for three days. Once I trim up and smoke up ill share more… One and done as this one got tossed by mistake by buddy. No worries more seeds in the world. :smiley_cat:

26 Likes

Yes! I have a vial of those gifted from @HolyAngel on my reproduction shortlist (so, the next few years?)

12 Likes

Im really interested in how they compare to the stock I have. I assume it was? But when I got the seeds direct from bodhi it just said “Snow Lotus free love gift '17” no BX or F2 or anything like that.

18 Likes

kush 4 x ssdd. Kinda worried about the tops on the right, they look paler green the the rest of the plant. 600w HPS about 12 inches away. Temps 75-76 during the day… either way smells delicious, lemon and floral perfume Dankness

33 Likes

They’re looking great to be fair.
leaf temps will be higher than the room temps with hps as well though, so bare that in mind.

But it doesn’t look like they’re in any imediate trouble, how long have they been in flower?

:v:

9 Likes

Closing in on 4 weeks.

Cheers

6 Likes

Pleiadian Artifact

Fat cherry x ssdd

40 Likes

Ooh exciting! I bet that fat cherry cross is gonna be TASTY! And that pleiadian artifact is rare af if I remember right.

14 Likes

Omg that pleiaedian is seeeeexy. Look at that!!!

Look at that leaf!

That’ll saw a fuckin tree down

8 Likes

Per @shoe headie gardens the
88g13hp male is now retired
Wookie male is now retired.

Interested to see what male bodhi uses next. I’m hoping for more extreme sativa’s or really old afghani lines.

22 Likes

time to horde all those nasty tiring 88g13HP to see them listed at $100+ later on.

10 Likes

Oh yeah I’m sure 100% a billion Strainly listings are going to pop up over retail price now

9 Likes

Smoke report (from concentrate) of 2 phenos of SSHP.

First pheno grew okish. Seemed to be more hashplant leaning but not in terps. Mild lemon and some musk.

Second pheno I dubbed “the winner” till I go through more plants had the spears and the stretch and the low foliage. Lemon. . . cleaner? something else in the backend i’m hoping is that black pepper haze, had it in the smell on the plant. Not fond of it but I’m going to let the very wet budder/badder sit for a bit. That lemon cleaner I just had. Not as heavy of ALL LEMON ORGANIC CLEANER like Pinball Wizard, though. The high from this plant might be what makes it win. Still haven’t hit a ceiling today. Hazed out over here.

15 Likes

So the Silver Haze that Bodhi uses is. . . . Mr. Nice? Is this strain known for just lemon cleaner? Kind of organic hard loud lemon not soapy.

I think I nailed it down to like a Simple Green cleaner smell, but on the back end of the lemon.

4 Likes

@DirtMcGirrt

right now i have both silver sunshine and temple and they both have a lemon cleaner thing going on

15 Likes