Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

This may be a question better-suited for the Bodhi Seed and Strain Discussion thread, as you’ll probably get more responses, but in general, like every other cross, it probably just depends on the plant you get. I personally have never made hash (I’m extremely lazy)(although I do have like four freezer bags-worth of trim in the, uh, freezer that I swear I’m gonna make hash out of one day… haha), but I’ve definitely grown some 88G13HP crosses that looked like they’d be great hash-makers. I’ve grown others that didn’t. And that goes from plant-to-plant, even within the same seed line.

11 Likes

I’ve been having such a blast making fresh frozen batches of super terpy crisp bubble hash, i can’t recommend it enough if you have some fresh frozen kicking around. You’ll never regret the two hours invested.

12 Likes

Agreed. I have heard great things about DLA 4 also. It’s Kashmir x G13HP.

12 Likes

I just saw this. An hour away and rather expensive but damn.

10 Likes

I can’t wait until I can save some loot for a press. Making your own rosin looks amazing. I’d like to learn to make my own rosin based carts at home.

8 Likes

It’s not politics, it’s topicality. Those are not Bodhi strains.

Copa genetics are posted here:

The MMS thread was shut down because of fuckery.

Either way, wrong thread for your posts

12 Likes

710 labs is top quality stuff. They work with bodhi’s genetics somewhat frequently.

In my opinion that company is actually doing very good work for the community.
One of the few rec-legal companies that still puts effort into advocacy for the medical community and personal cultivation.

18 Likes

$50/g sheesh reminds me of the prices at the local dispo a few years ago.

3 Likes

Exactly. Thank you.

I follow this thread so I can read specifically about Bodhi stuff and only Bodhi stuff. Even f2’s from open pollinations or whatever are fine, but crosses made with other people’s selections of Bodhi’s gear are not, simply because I rely on Bodhi’s judgement re his hybrids, not other random growers.

Honestly, it’s really a matter of my time haha. If I wanna read about people’s hybrids made with Bodhi’s work (and I do! I really do!), I’ll follow their logs.

If they have any logs.

But cluttering this thread up with other stuff is just annoying. I grew an Ancient OG x AfPak cross from Doc D a while back and it didn’t even occur to me to post pics of those on the Bodhi threads because it wasn’t Bodhi’s work. It seems obvious to me that you wouldn’t do something like that.

14 Likes

If I still had that pack of Herer hashplant I would run it. My pack of lucky charms mothers milk dragonsblood hashplant two packs of mountain temple and a Acapulco gold have all meet sad fates of no pop

Only good I have going is the cougars milk remix.

On another note I do hold a jack Herer I have from Mel Frank.

13 Likes

Pollinated a Dread Bread via Pinball Wizard on 8/30. We have seeds in the making.

14 Likes

I just canceled an order last night for AK repro and instead dropped less money on these.

5 bodhi seed packs for 80$ ? Sign me the fuck up. Haha ! Avg $1.45 without counting the fact that they will probably have extra seeds in the pack.

(I’m excluding S&H because yes)

I’ll keep you guys updated to see what I get. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

i dont have an issue with that (makes sense in terms of thread integrity) - but also, then we should revise the public rules set for this thread as it was separated that “all bodhi related” would go in here (including seeds purchases, other breeders work with bodhi, etc.) for example, i wouldnt post anything other than bodhis work on the Plant Guide (although i have posted goji F2). but i did so in here (on the discussion guide) under the impression that people wanted to see that info here.

9 Likes

Had a lil chat with Bodhi on some stuff we didn’t know the lineages of lol… He mentioned that Cinnamon Toast is a (he thinks) Wedding Cake x Ghash pheno, and the Head Gasket is from another breeder and is going to double check what it is but it’s some super gas either way lol.

26 Likes

Everyone knows what the “Momentary lapse of judgement” was.

5 Likes

See? Now you’re just getting technical haha!

I mean, yeah, I guess. If those are “the guidelines,” those are the guidelines. Honestly, it really doesn’t matter. Sometimes, though, certain posts just feel “off.”

7 Likes

Passion Fruit Hashplant on the front left (2 plants)

Silver Unicorn on the front right (2 plants)

It seems these two are extremely loud. I think these are by far the best vegging plants I’ve ever had and I know it isn’t a coincidence after perpetually growing for 3 years. Bodhi is one of the kings.

Has anyone else flowered those two already ?

Edit: just some extra info they are 5 days into flip in those two pictures. I haven’t seen my plants in 4 days and I expect them to minimum triple in size because of the amount of space there is in my soil bed.

21 Likes

@syzygy the stem rub kinda smells piney but when I rub the trichs and when I open the tent, I’m getting a mixed berry, candy-like scent. I had a small light leak that I didn’t catch and fix until day 21…I think because of that and maybe a GG4 trait, the plant’s been throwing nanners here and there since. I’ve been plucking off like 3-4 a day. Here’s what she looks like now:

Space Monkey F2, day 40

33 Likes

@FourFour hey man, the Electric HP didn’t change too much after curing for two additional months. Still smells like BO with a hint of pickles. The high is still the same: daytime weed, no paranoia/anxiety, makes me feel super chilled out but ready to get things done, mild body effects.

The local hydro store tested it for me since I gave them some nugs to try:

27 Likes

@Pigeonman just got some of these! You liking them so far?

7 Likes