Copa Genetics

Ok, I’m starting this topic to discuss seeds from Copa Genetics, coming out of Maine. Please post your experiences here with any of their seeds, I’ll start with my Icy Grape F2 that’s in mid flower:

From the Headie Gardens breeder page:
"Copa Genetics has been selectively breeding cannabis for over 30 years. Traveling to Amsterdam in the late 80’s and through the 90’s on genetic excursions, Copa Genetics has worked with most of the early, original, classic cultivars.

What started out as guerilla growing in the swamps of New England has transformed into a passion and lifelong quest for the “perfect plant”. Never hydro, always dirt! Copa Genetics grows as organically as possible using time-tested methods in all aspects of cannabis breeding and production. With a genetic library that is filled with old and new, near and far, we also plan to undertake preservation projects along the way and release them into the community for all to enjoy.

Copa Genetics is spreading the love one pack at a time. Please enjoy our creations and feel free to use our cultivars however your heart desires!"

https://instagram.com/copagenetics?utm_medium=copy_link

69 Likes

Seed releases I’m aware of:

Original:

• GSD F6 (Bodhi’s GG4xSSDD)
  • Icy Grape, released as F1 and F2 (Purple Zkittles SMMJ cut x Sensi 1996 Black Domina)
  • Crazy Bitch (Compost Mamma x 1996 Black Domina)(Compost Mamma = Blue Orca Haze x Inzane in the Membrane)
  • Project 25 (Copa 25% vintage Iranian OG x Hazeman’s Fast Pink project)
  • Vale Tudo Round 1 ([Mendo Purps x Kimbo Kush] x Ancient OG F2)

Freebies/Testers:

• Meigs OG (OT1’s Meigs Gold x Motherlode Seeds Ancient OG F2)
  • The Maine Event (Vintage G13 x AOG F2 PSM) (125 packs of ten- one time drop as freebie with GSD F6)
  • Goji OG F2
  • Ancient OG F3
  • Ancient Goji (Goji OG x AOG F2 purple stem male)
  • Zip Tape (Early Glue x Black Domina)
  • Ban Ham OG (Banana Hammock x AOG F2 PSM) (2 moms 4 dads)
  • Ancient Chocolate (Chocolope private cut x AOG F2 PSM)
  • Secret Chief F2
  • Turkish Twist (Real Seed Co Landrace Turkish F2 x Ancient OG F2)
  • Ancient Lights (NL #2 (Bodhi’s TTNL) x AOG F2 PSM) (TTNL is NL#6 from Trichome Tech)
  • Ancient Skunk (Ethos 9D4 Skunk x AOG F2 PSM)
  • Forbidden Purple OG (Forbidden Fruit purple pheno x AOG F2 PSM)
  • Mully OG (Mullumbimby Madness x AOG F2 PSM)
  • Purple Ancient Gogi (Goji OG F2 purple stem x AOG F2 PSM)
  • Mandy Black (Ethos Mandarin Jack x 1996 Black Domina)
  • Nap Time (Icy Grape x Secret Chief)
  • Fast Purple F1 (Purple Skittles x Fast Pink)
  • Cookies Noir (??? but I’ll guess Forum GSC x Black Domina)
  • Time Trip F1 (Lemon Sour Diesel RR cut x Ancient OG)
  • Dankberry (Mother Of Berries/M.O.B. Al’s cut x Black Domina)

@Enjoi802 is looking for testers to grow out crosses to the GSD F5 dad, look at posts #73 and #79 for moms.
Edit: testers are all distributed for this round.

37 Likes

I have all their strains. Got em all at dcse at once one day one of the freebies secret chief was fire. I really hate that I didn’t keep cuts. Got another secret chief in flower now. On to project25. Seeds are healthy but I only got 1of 6 to pop. I blame me and cold. But I look forward to running vale tudo and those project25s

15 Likes

Aaaannnnnnd followed. :grin::v:t2::v:t2:

8 Likes

Nice! I forgot to add the Secret Chief freebie, I have that too. I was chatting with them on IG today and showed them my collection, got some details on the Project 25. The Fast Pink project was Hazeman’s attempt for a few years to develop a good outdoor strain for southern Canada and PNW, he handed it off to Copa when he decided not to finish the work. I was told it’s got some real early phenos and rocks outdoors, and also that they lost the Dad so in their words “seed that one first”. I forgot to ask, but I’ve been assuming that the “25” means “done by September 25 in a Maine/PNW latitude”.

15 Likes

If something will finish full term in The PNW it’s probably a good bet for the NE too, that’s one to keep an eye on

11 Likes

Copa grew this and gave it to me.

GG#4 x Sunshine Daydream

Some of the absolute craziest looking bud I’ve ever seen. Beyond MAC and cookie bag appeal. Smelled like rotten butter.

71 Likes

Jeez that looks real nice

3 Likes

All right! We got someone who’s actually smoking on stuff from the farm! That’s the GSD they said was about to come out, it looks crazy good there and rotten butter sounds tasty to me

9 Likes

It really interests me that they run a whole LP or provider collective or whatever for bud and do breeding besides, seems like a great way to develop outdoor and greenhouse strains with that sort of legal canopy. The harvest photos I’ve seen are something!

4 Likes

Just threw them a follow on IG, have they hinted when the GSD drop is gonna go down?

6 Likes

I messaged to ask about something and they offered to do me a favor but said to check back and remind them because right now they’re in full sort package and ship mode for that drop along with planning the summer. Sounds like in the next month I guess? Maybe two?

10 Likes

Righton, I’ll keep an eye out for that, eyeballing those icy grapes on Headiegardens too with that ancient OG freebie it’s hard to resist

8 Likes

Picked up the crazy bitch quite a while ago to get the goji og f2 freebies. I was late to the game to get original goji drop so the f2’s were a nice score. @Vagabond_Windy hooked me and some other peeps up with a goji f1 cutting which I’ve been keeping for a few months. The plan is to pop the f2’s and make some f3’s and also a bx with the f1 cuttings. Also, I did have a chance to chat with Copa and was offered more of those f2’s for free if I don’t get a male. Pretty nice offer because I didn’t ask!

15 Likes

I’m starting 3 of these seeds tomarrow.

7 Likes

Baby pics

26 Likes

@brokehoe Nice nice any idea the parents on either of those? I’ll add the Turkish Twist to the list

4 Likes

Copa is a homie of mine. Absolutely amazing dude if you ask me.

18 Likes

mother-of-god

I guess we’re going to be seeing obscure Bodhi preservations and crosses for a loooong time!

12 Likes

Did that smell carry on to the smoke flavor?Please tell me it didn’t

5 Likes