Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Do it !
I’m sure those will be nice.

Not bodhi, but recently I grabbed Strayfox Purple Gypsy…

which is Purple Unicorn Bs Cut x Krome Tamale (Krome’s the white x platinum) x Starfighter F1. I haven’t see many crosses with a purple unicorn mama.

You reminded me with that unreleased pack you mentioned having the purple unicorn F2 as a mom.

5 Likes

Seems to be that he has only released it as a dad or a cross. I got lucky as I told them I like chems and they sent it to me as a bonus when I was testing.

PU f2

9 seeds ! Almost ten years old.

23 Likes

Yes please. I’m gonna have to learn more. Sounds and looks like Zacatecas Purple imho.

This is the perfect daytime high i’ve been chasing for 33 years. Nepalese sativa, Jack, NL5/Haze, Cali O, Kali Mist, Grapefruit Haze etc.

And @CocoaCoir , i grew a Herijuana fem. and it was the closest in effect to a pure Afghan that i’d had in 35+ years.
Strong mellooooow relaxing zen. Quieted the mind so i could sleep medicine.

Less mentally stimulating, and more sedating than Bubba, Purple Kush or La Confidential.

@Shevchenko , On leafly and allbud, Oreoz was listed as Cookies & Cream x Secret W. but i didn’t look further.

7 Likes

Still running the tranquil elephantizer myself! I have a nice mother I found in 1 pack and still have another pack from bodhi to finish hunting through.

What does your tranquil elephantizer smell like? Mines got a bit of a lemon smell. I’m usually not too big on lemony strains (they seem to give me anxiety at times) but I love this one. High is so relaxing for me.

13 Likes

So, is his Sunshine Daydream gone forever? I’ve been watching for it for years now.

That is still one of my all-time faves!

The very first seed I cracked of SSDD, I got the coveted “butter pheno” that smelled something like buttered blueberry muffins. One of the best tasting strains I’ve ever had IMO. The high was perfect for me. I called it my “cure” weed. It took away my anxiety, made me more talkative and social. Loved it. Wasn’t the best yielder. Grew kind of small popcorn buds but I didn’t care because the smoke was so damn good.

I had to have a buddy watch my mother plants for a month and he f’n killed my beloved SSDD mom on me. I think he Overwatered it to death. I told him it was a light drinker… I was so bummed but he was doing me a favor and kept my other mothers alive so what could I say?

I didn’t know at the time that butter pheno was so rare and how lucky I was to find that on my first seed. After he killed the mom I ran the rest of the SSDD packs I had and didn’t find anything else like my first one. Most seemed to be more chem leaning, and I didn’t really like those. I wish I would have at least made some f2’s though. I didn’t realize it was no longer available until I only had like 3-4 seeds left and by that time the seeds were pretty old. Only 1 sprouted but it never broke the soil.

18 Likes

Bodhi doesnt have it anymore. There’s a lot of F2’s going around here on OG. COPA did GG4 (clone) X SSDD and that’s really popular.

I have

GG4 x SSDD
Goji OG X calio 77 x sunshine daydream
blue dream x ssdd
kush 4 x ssdd f2 ← this was just released in COOP so you could try the seed trading thread also.

11 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I’d like to find pure SSDD if possible.

Did you find any good SSDD phenos in any of those crosses?

I tried his Field Trip (SSDD x GSC) but everything had been GSC leaning so far. I still really like it and have 2 different moms + almost a full pack left to hunt. But I haven’t seen anything like what I was looking for. I kind of expected it to lean GSC though, since a lot of GSC crosses seem to be like that.

That kush4 ssdd does sound interesting!

10 Likes

didn’t know cardboard was “tasty” :laughing:

12 Likes

I have never grown anything SSDD. Scared off by the CBD contents. CBD isn’t my friend.

EDIT: actually hmm
https://reports.mcrlabs.com/reports/sunshine-daydream-_1-by-bodhi-seeds_1

Theyre all LOW CBD. I couldve swore Bodhi said it could have high CBG and or CBD and be really medicinal.

All the test results at MCR Labs in MA have very low to non detectable CBD/CBG.

6 Likes

there is a pack on strainly for 300$ right now if your willing to pay that. ive purchased from matt a few years ago and everything went great(bingo pajama i think).

8 Likes

I’d send ya my sour butter cut if you’re in the states, or I have the bx1 beans made from her too.

22 Likes

Decent CBGa here at 1.7% and 2.3% for this pheno but no CBD

IMG_6290

7 Likes

@TeddyNuggets :point_up::point_up:this is a damn fine offer, I’d take it! Holy knows the SSDD as well as anyone here

16 Likes

Thanks. That’s a really kind offer! Is that pure SSDD? If not, what’s in it?

7 Likes

I’ve tried a few SSDD crosses and 1 1/3 packs of SSDD. I found a hot blueberry muffin pheno in the F1s, and seems to be a match for Bodhi’s description of the 10% bubbashine pheno, but I personally like the SSDD crosses that I’ve tried more. There seems to be a good mix of Mom & Dad traits present in the crosses that I’ve tried so with a little bit of hunting you should be able to find some SSDD expressions.
I’ve run into a handful of disappointing phenos in the F1s of SSDD, which could just be bad luck. If it were me though I’d look in the crosses or maybe Holy’s backcross, unless you’re able to sift through a high plant count.

The SSDD crosses I’ve tried off the top of my head :

Bubba katsu x SSDD
GG4 x SSDD
TK x SSDD
Wifi #43 x SSDD
Kush 4 x SSDD
3 Kings OG x SSDD
Chem 91 x SSDD

All have produced satisfactory buds. TK x SSDD, Baba Kush (bubba x ssdd), and k4 x ssdd to me were the crosses that stood out the most.

23 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

That’s funny you say those 3 stood out because out of that list, those would be the 3 I’d have picked to try anyway. lol

7 Likes

No problem! Do you have any pictures of the SSDD Pheno you found? Just curious to see if it looks like the one I found. I’ve posted tons of pictures of it here in the past. It should be noted that I haven’t encountered anything like it in the SSDD crosses yet, but I think they are superior (for my tastes and needs at least). The f1 is much more dreamy, sedative & tranquil. My favorite SSDD crosses have been mellow, extremely comfortable and trance inducing, but not to the point of sedation.

SSDD F1 (assumed bubbashine pheno)

P6300340

39 Likes

@TeddyNuggets check these posts out he’s been working with F1s steady for a few years now:

14 Likes

I will grant that it might be short duration, because I do take a decent amount of RSO in the background, but the last batch I had was very potent and long lasting.

However I am almost certain that everything magical in Oreoz comes from Cookies & Cream not the Secret Weapon. Other C&C hybrids have the same magic but a more enjoyable effect imo.

5 Likes

No sorry, no pics. Unfortunately I lost the digital camera I had all my old pics stored on. I always meant to back them up to my PC but I used to be kind of weirded out to store them on my PC (now it thankfully doesn’t matter anymore since it’s legal).

I might have some pics on an old PC of mine but it’s dead and I haven’t had a chance to pull the hard drive yet. If I ever find pics of it I’ll be sure to let you know.

Looking at your pics, I’d say it looks similar. That second last pic of yours is the closest looking to what mine looked like. That looks very similar. (Edit - pick #5 I mean)

12 Likes