Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Y’all are definitely onto something with cherry, I gotta say it’s one of my absolute favorites as well, but I’ll be grabbing those Cherry AK 47 x 87G13HP nft and I definitely want some Cherry Lotus as well.

I always loved when Subcool’s Space Queen crosses came out with some cherry in the mix whatever I grew from TGA back then definitely stood out over so much smoke around me at the time.

But back to Bodhi, I think I found someone with some older Bodhi packs… he has a pack of Iraqi Triangle, y’all think should I snag that one? I was thinking to start with that one at least, as I wanted that Iraq Ranya daddy crossed with something, and what better than tk?

he also has some Sunshine 4, Lemon Lassi, black raspberry, black triangle, eternal sunshine.

I also really want the Sunshine 4, to get a SSDD cross and with Chem 4 thrown in ? Sign me up !

and I was very interested in Lemon Lassi too, for the Kashmir father!

He also has a few that are still available to my knowledge, so I’ll let him keep those haha but these ones particularly caught my eye out of the list…

11 Likes

Grab the Iraqi triangle! I missed the dla5, 6. I’m curious about how Bodhi selection is different from Strayfox. They both did the cross

6 Likes

oh yeah. That iraqi is supposed to bring the mind fire. whatever that means. And the Triangle is one of the more potent plants out there. Can’t really go wrong imo. Someone won a cup with a cut of the Sunshine4…

13 Likes

Ive got a pack of cherry lotus that I wont get to anytime soon - open to trading if youd like.

8 Likes

Lmk if you don’t grab the Iraqi Triangle…:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Moved from the plant guide… I got em mixed up

Same. As much as I love hazes, sativas, and the like, my experiences with real kush are the best I’ve ever felt while smoking.
A while back @Craigson15 had put out feelers to see if he should do Bodhi’s Old School Hindu Kush as a repro… but hasn’t been seen since last summer.
I really had my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: but alas!

12 Likes

I think craigson put the seeds and plants aside and is focusing on the health of close family.

14 Likes

Same here. I wish Bodhi worked w the Pre 98 Bubba as i’ve found it had the best body effects of any Bubba.
If you ever find it, you’ll love Tangerine Kush (Pre 98 Bubba x OG Kush). Got an eigth like 10 years ago. Like smoking opium mixed w sunshine. Closest to that in effect was the Skywalker OG cut, so Red Eyed Jedi by Bodhi i recommend.

11 Likes

:100: respect. Glad to hear he’s okay, there’s always a question mark in my mind when a community member isn’t seen for a while. Thanks for the info.

7 Likes

Seems like so far the consensus has been towards that Iraqi triangle.

That was also my gut instinct initially, I just like to hear y’all’s opinions and thoughts too.

I’d also love to F2 that one when I run it and share it, since I’m sure some of y’all might have it, but not everyone was able to scoop it up while it was out, at least it looks like that from the interest I’m seeing!

12 Likes

Certain stuff was smaller releases and disappeared quickly. That was one of them

7 Likes

The Unicorn Milk buds stank at first but cured to flavors of Caramel for 1 grower. Looking forward to what you find!

8 Likes

Pretty sure that’s what is in the Bubbashine(aka ssdd and blue tara, among others) and the Instant Karma (aka strawberry milk, among others) :thinking:

11 Likes

I suspect berner might be a bit more of a slave driver than Bodhi expected.

8 Likes

I suspect that you are right with that call!

5 Likes

Katsu bubba I stink is SSDD

I do love me some Pre Pre though stuff I’ve smoked around Denver was like cheap mens cologne from the dollar store killer smoke.

8 Likes

@ramblinrose Nice, I’ll send you a DM tomorrow with some offers

@Weednerd.Anthony I’m also voting (are we voting?) for Iraqi Triangle, I’m very interested in that one and Strayfox’s work with the Ranya too.

8 Likes

:stop_sign:

This is a PSA to anyone thinking about buying older or rare gear from people. Be careful with reseller packs. There are several people on this site and IG buying up rare bodhi, strayfox, and CSI packs just to resell them at 200% to 1000% markup, and many people who purchase have had terrible germ rates from those packs.

I personally have grown two packs from one of these resellers, purchased by a friend of mine and gifted to me for preservation, and I had 0 germinate. They were old, but they weren’t that old - the resellers don’t store the seeds properly because they’re just doing it for greed.

So, long story short, the old/rare packs are NOT worth your cash, and if you stick around here and are kind, generous, and knowledgeable friend to the site, you might make friends who will gift you seeds or clones or both, or someone will do a preservation.

:green_heart:

The TK x Iraqi was one I tested for bodhi. Here’s my whole test grow, condensed into a single post:

I and the two other testers (@hamneggs here and @hu_man_and_a_plant_genetics on IG) all had unstable plants from this cross, nanners on many of the females and pistils on the males. So keep that in mind.

However, it’s unbelievably potent smoke if you find the right phenos. All of mine were flavor variations of sour hops minty dill pickle kush baked goods, with the keepers being minty pickles, which are not flavors you reach for. But I favor effects and potency waaaaaaaaaaaay more than flavor, especially since you can get baskin robbins 31 flavors and bland effects from almost everywhere in the hype market these days, but rare effects and potency are special and hard to find.

Yes, one of my phenos (the small #2 leafy Iraqi leaner) was one of the most potent I’ve ever smoked, like taking a minidose of shrooms. I just toked on the other keeper #7 last night after 18+ months in jars and it’s still exceptional - both relaxing AND mentally stimulating that brings intense visuals when you close your eyes. I prefer the #2 because of sheer potency, but my gf preferred the #7 because it was less intense, more just feel good.

For anybody who doesn’t want to read my long post linked above, this is the #2 iraqi leaner and by far the best smoke:

And here is the less potent but still awesome #7 that was a hybrid between the two parents, with very good visuals:

:peace_symbol: :rainbow:
:sun_with_face:

68 Likes

Thank you for all the info and experience you just dropped. Have you by any chance heard if strayfox cross is the same experience?
Out of likes :disappointed:
:heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

@nube wow man, thank you!

I really appreciate the grow report and to hear from someone who tested the strain personally. Also, I am not surprised to hear that about the resellers. I am very wary about that myself as I see a lot of people grabbing a crap load of Bodhi gear and definitely reselling it for more than it was listed for originally, which is why I was pretty scared to even send my money for the mountain temple pack.

But the guy I am getting it from swears his whole collection is always in the fridge with desiccant and not brought in and out of the fridge never been frozen and never been opened either.

I almost want to germinate that pack first, not only because of its age, but to test out if I can trust this guy to buy the other packs he has listed, like the Iraqi Triangle and Lemon Lassi and a few others.

I always try to talk to people a bunch and feel them out before doing a trade or buying a pack

If they seem like they are in a hurry to get rid of the seeds then that’s a red flag in my book, but if patient and willing to answer my questions and everything then I usually feel a bit more comfortable.

I had talked to him about the mountain temple for probably a week or two before I pulled the trigger.

All I can say is, I hope it works out and germinates well as I would love to have that strain and possibly F2 it.

9 Likes