Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I ran a few cocoon a few years back and it was stretchy af. I figured it came from the wook dad

5 Likes

@mtntrogger I’d think it came from the underdawg og, aka loompa’s headband. Isn’t it known to be a typical lanky OG?

Thanks to my dear friend @mr.childs on another forum, here’s a couple different edits of a video about bodhi that I hadn’t seen until today!

I love how humble he is, how he actually gives a shit about humanity, the planet, the plant, and something other than money. It shows in everything he says and does. It’s so much different than just about anybody else in the industry, despite what they post on IG. lol

Perhaps there’s a longer version somewhere? And can anybody confirm the rumors that there was a new bodhi interview a couple months on The Pot Cast’s Patreon?

24 Likes

Still one of my favourite strains from Bodhi the Space Monkey… i did get one small yielding short stocky SM that had the most amazing and indescribable terp profile which made me a little more curious about the Wookie boy. Will throw some pics up in next few days

17 Likes

:heart:
Yeah that’s probably my favorite thing about Bodhi. He’s so down to earth and humble… And definitely feel like I could sit down with him and talk about all kinds of stuff he’s mentioned over the interviews, right up my alley.

Speaking of, the only thing I can find recently on the patreon is this one:

[Mar 10 at 3:44am]
OH SHIT! BODHI! HEAVY D! = LOVES YOU.

But I’m not subscribed or I’d tell ya for sure :rofl::cry: Maybe they’ll push it to SoundCloud soon :pray:

11 Likes

I always wanted to get that one. Is it still in circulation? I don’t look anymore until I go back to work. It was the one that always stood out when I browsed his stuff a while back. I’ll go an a quest for some one day, or I’ll just happen into it. Damn sure no hurry.

5 Likes

This past winter, I tested bodhi’s Triangle Kush x Iraqi. They turned out incredible, although somewhat unstable. Here’s a rather long post detailing the whole grow and tester report.

They had great germ rates, all 11 popping long tails in 40hrs.

Those Iraqi beans are the ones rumored to be brought back from Iraq by a member of the armed forces and given to @Strayfox. This particular cross was first made by stray, then a separate daddy was selected by @bodhi and used for these testers.

They were a little leggy at sprout, which portended things to come. I had to prop one up with toothpicks after it tried to give up the ghost.

They were strong veggers and had fantastic roots throughout.

I had to top them at day 23 from sprout in an attempt to slow them down a little.

They got moved into the main tent on day 36v (day 36 of veg from sprout) because they had grown up into my veg light. The main tent is supposed to draw 430ish watts total from 8 Cree 3590 COB LEDs.

The very next day, I noticed my LEDs were flickering. This would prove to be an issue with the MeanWell drivers the whole run.

They quickly became rootbound and wanted new shoes,

but I wasn’t ready to transplant them yet. Not for a couple more days.

By day 44v they were desperate for new shoes. I was finally ready to provide. Here’s the before pics.

They again had good roots that filled the 1/2gal containers they were in.

And after transplant + topdress of malted barley. Those are 10gal planter bags with 7gal of soil in them, 2 bags per 32qt tote. 6 of those Sterilite totes fit snug in a 4x4. Same organic soil mix I always use, tailored to my local water’s pH.

I watered them in really heavy. The next morning, I woke up and watered them in until their overflow totes were full. We left for the airport and went out of town for a 15 day vacation. This is what they looked like when we left.

As I said on my Pura Vida thread, I don’t trust anybody to come over to my house and water while we’re gone, and I don’t trust automated watering to not spring a leak. So my solution is uppot the day before, water in heavy, and pray.

This is how they looked when we returned. I was pretty happy about it, and they could have gone another couple days without water.

and the whole crowd on their last day of veg, New Year’s Eve 2019. Surprisingly, very few of them had declared sex yet.

They were flipped to 12/12 on New Year’s Day 2020. Here’s each pheno at flip:

Phenos #1 & #2

Phenos #3 & #4

Phenos #5 & #6

Phenos #7 & #8

Phenos #9 & #10

And lastly, pheno #11

And 2 clones of each pheno, appropriately labeled. Because I had no space in veg at the time, I stuck them in the fridge for a few weeks before trying to root them.

OK enough veg, right? Only the real masochists like veg pics, so I’ll get this show on the road.

These plants doubled, almost tripled in size by day 14F.

And by this time, they had fully declared, so I chopped the males and stuck their tops in a vase to collect pollen,

then caged up the females. I ended up with 6 males and 5 females.

On day 22F I lollipopped the lowers.

Here’s what they looked like up above that same day.

By day 31F I knew something was wrong. While the tops were frosty, and I knew Triangle Kush was a 10-11wk strain, there was not as much development as I’d expected after 4.5 weeks.

So I checked my lights with a Kill-A-Watt. It turns out the whole light that was supposed to draw about 430w was only drawing 215w or 13.5w/sqft. I cut the pots off both drivers and they weren’t drawing full. Both drivers were going bad. My tent was only getting 215w. I wrote to Timber, where I had bought the DIY kits back in 2015, and they replaced one of the drivers. I emailed them back, left a couple VM, and hand wrote a note asking to replace the second one, but never heard back. No big deal, they were well out of warranty from Timber, and I’m just happy they replaced one of them. That’s more than they had to do, for sure. MeanWell, otoh, said they wouldn’t do an RMA and would have to test my driver before shipping a replacement, so the rest of the grow was powered by about 315w at the wall, with one half of the tent getting 25w/sqft and the other stuck with 13.5w/sqft.

Anyway, back to the log & review. 11 days in the cloner resulted in pretty good roots after being in the fridge for several weeks, and they were put in dirt at day 14 of cloning, with 100% success.

Along the way in flowering, I removed a lot of leaves. These things have gargantuan leaves, and lots of them, so keep up on the defoliation. I kept a lot of leaf on the plants, tho, just in case I had to reveg.

Cutting to the chase, here’s how everything ended up at harvest day 70F. Phenos 1-2-4-6-7 from left to right.

And each pheno, starting with #1

Pheno #2

Pheno #4

Pheno #6

Pheno #7

Triangle Kush x Iraqi Evaluation & Smoke Report

“What is the Heart? A flower opening.”
~ Rumi

Environment:

I used straight R/O water the whole way aside from a topdress of malted barley, kelp/alfalfa, and EWC at transplant. Flipped when they hit 2mo old, they flowered 10 full weeks. Very sturdy stems despite 3x stretch, they were defoliated a couple times, leaving plenty for a reveg if necessary.

She’s quirky, too. This is the first strain I’ve ever grown that, at lights out every night in veg and flower, produces a very distinct green vegetal smell, an exhale like a genie floating thru the carbon filter. It’s kinda like fresh cut grass and really obvious. Very unique spirit.

The only stress was me stupidly underwatering the last 4wks (they’re very drought tolerant - whole tent only got 12gal of water the last month), low light intensity from defective LED drivers, and perhaps a pinhole light leak.

Not loud in flower, they had a roasted garlic and onion curry, pizza herbs and skunky funk the first half, then later they got very citrusy.

Dried, it’s got that old school bag appeal, stinkier every day, TK all the way. They were vaped and/or smoked in a fatty.

• Pheno 1:

79g of solid buds. Nice plant produced spears as tops and conical lower buds. Good frost, easy trim, smells just like my favorite IPA (Pliny the Younger). For homebrewers, this smells like a boiling wort. Minty mouth coating dank & sour OG flavor. Creeper effects keep building and building until it’s mind bending but not overwhelming. 7.5/10 potency. Somehow it kept me detached but functional for 2hrs+. Anti-inflammatory for aching joints and gives some pain relief.

• Pheno 2:

52g of the frostiest, leafiest, most potent of the bunch. Smallest plant that went wide instead of tall. It’s herbal and minty and rubbery in the jar, exploding into dank stank in the grinder. Tastes like marshmallows and minty toothpaste. Immediate effects come on in waves, faster heartbeat, trippy visuals - extra super baked like chems. Maybe more than chems. 10/10 potency. Dumbfounding and relaxing after blastoff, it’s cartoony like mild shrooms yet still functional. Effects last 3-4hrs or more.

• Pheno 4:

74g and a nicer looking version of pheno #2. Fuller buds, less leafy, still frosty. Bigger plant, louder than all her siblings, sweet citrus in the 2nd half of flower. Sweet & sour berry milkshake in the jar becomes extra mouth coating sour, cheesy OG funk + baked goods in the vape. Imagine a strawberry rhubarb pie made with extra stinky canna butter, then topped with parmesan cheese and slightly overcooked so it’s got a toasted flavor. This one’s the ultimate memory loss drug. Very sedating but scrambles my brains. 8.5/10 potency. One way rocket ship to the couch. Lasts 2hrs+.

• Pheno 6:

87g and obviously the biggest producer in flower, but also the mildest smell. Dried and cured, she has the fewest terps until you grind it, which transforms it into fresh hops. Grinds fluffy and coarse, perfect for hogs legs. Smooth smoke has a mild flavor, sour, vegetal, and this is gonna sound weird - almost like roasted romaine wedges with a balsamic glaze - but it’s unexpectedly good! Racy head rush to start, gives me the spins. Feels like being drunk at first, then can’t focus on anything, scatterbrained until it finally calms down about 30min in. 7/10 potency overall. Oddly, this one becomes a functional day-brightener while also relaxing. Don’t try to do anything right after smoking. Lasts 2hrs.

• Pheno 7:

68g from the 2nd smallest plant in the garden, she was my favorite for looks with her sexy suntan and easy trimming. She really surprised in cure to become another toasty, baked goods, hoppy, brewery smelling pheno. Surprisingly, that turns into dill pickles and mint when ground up. The flavor is bitter dryer sheets, toast, acidic nutty coffee. Another creeper, but after 10min it’s heavy eyelids with a head trip. Disconnected from body, mildly psychedelic like others. 8.5/10 potency. Very clear eyesight, becoming more visual/psychedelic over time. 3hrs later it’s time for a nap.​

Medicinal value? Yeah, could be good for many. Pain relief, anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety in some phenos, and mild psychedelic effects in others.

Overall impression? Clones well, vigorous, extra stretchy in flower, even revegged great, but throws a few nanners so keep your spray bottle n tweezers out. Smooth smoke, great flavors, small yields of 100% headstash. Delicious after a few weeks curing.

Keeper? Yep. This is the heady indica I was looking for. Although I prefer rocket ships, every pheno’s good.

It was released as a stray/bodhi collab in very limited quantities. Bodhi mentioned that he gifted his own pack of these to an auction for another dear friend, so I am pretty sure these are gone forever and will not be remade. I feel honored to have been given the opportunity to grow them, and I open pollinated them to make F2.

Thanks for making it to the end. :slight_smile:

:peace_symbol:

49 Likes

Great review Nube…

Quick question if you may, I know you’ve probably answered this a Million times already…sorry.

Are you taking cuts of each of these phenos before you “chop” in case you find something you deem stellar and wish to pursue further?

(More focused than an open pollination?)

8 Likes

Yessir, I always take clones of everything in either late veg or early flower. Always. Nobody can pick a winner by sight and without smoking the well-cured buds harvested at full maturity. Unless you only go for looks and production and smell. So, unless you reveg every pheno and get 100% success, I strongly recommend cloning.

24 Likes

Nice review. I gotta say, though, a fifteen day vacation? You’re fucking crazy, dude haha. I would NOT feel comfortable leaving my grow alone for that long.

10 Likes

I’ve told this story a couple times. I left my grow two years ago for two weeks and went to Amsterdam. I put Blumats on and everything work like clockwork.

I did almost have a panic attack on the way to the airport.

13 Likes

My plants wouldn’t make it more than 4 days with the same action. We’re consistently around 10% humidity. I’m working on solutions. But 2 weeks, I’m impressed.

Nice review @nube, or journey. I felt like I knew each plant, ha. peace

8 Likes

@nube Nice grow, descriptive reviews of the flavors and character of each high. Thanks. It looks like Bodhi Seeds are on sale at JBCseeds. I’m thinking the Soul Food (Pine Soul x 88G13HP) is my kind of business.
Inspiration for the Pine Soul review tonight from nube!

10 Likes

Real Talk right here. My Bruce Banner and Headband always both looked pretty ragged as veg plants, but magic after flip

10 Likes

Outstanding review Nube. Thank you

4 Likes

PM me… I know where you can get some killer Blockhead crosses.

4 Likes

Black Triangle
This is a really short and stocky plant. It does not have the smells of the other Black Triangle I’ve grown. Not a whole lot of fuel and pine. More chemy and berries. IT SMELLS AWESOME!

36 Likes

@Tommy_McCain pm me.

2 Likes

Righteous! Great work!

Seems the Bodhi thread here is more active than BreedBay.
Miss the daze of old there… but my original home is once again where my heart is, OverGrow!

Haven’t been around much but love what y’all are sharing.

I still have a few Sakura crosses left @nube
Wanted to share this one with y’all, I may have already but I haven’t been around as much so I figured why not share again in case anyone wanted to see
I call it, “The Fog”
Moonshine Haze x Sakura

BostonGeorge only popped a couple seeds if I recall and this is the female he found… not to shabby!

Sakura actually was a great male for a few crosses. Used him on GSC thin mints, Banana Kush, JJ’s NYCD, Cherry Lime Haze, Tropical Seeds Durban Punch, Bodhi’s Silver Lotus, Lemon Lotus, Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo 11, and a few others.

Popping some Doc D fun stuff now and considering starting some Bodhis Ciskei and Nigerian x Afghan inside to veg 8-12weeks then put em outside to flower in September or October…

Anywho, I’ll try to be more active.
Much love!

37 Likes

It smells very pine/cedar/juniper wood and sap with that hint of astringent chemical that let’s you know it’s marijuana from the OG family, but this is my dream potpourri. Break it open and that green pine cone scent is even more distinct. Inhale and it’s like when the campfire just gets started and you get that first whiff. There is a flavor of dry, brown Pine cone, pine nut and some forest humus. The exhale has deeper notes of dry pine needles and campfire when it is doused with water and the steam rises. There is a tad bit of dark chocolate and earth along with the campfire. Kind of reminds me of peat smoked Irish whiskey, Laphroaig sp? I think it’s called.
The high relaxes the tension in my face and arms as it makes its way to my eyes. The high comes right forward and seems to clear my mind in a very relaxing way. This is nice movie/video watching weed for me. This is about the fifth time I’m smoking this awesome bud and it seems to have a positive effect on my nerve pain. Anti-depressant for me, it feels positive but not giggly. The effects are smooth and even for a solid 2hrs or more. A few more puffs and I slept very well as a night night bowl before bed. Realized that it also makes me stop and take deep breaths because of the body effects. Don’t let the THC level fool you, it feels better to me that a 24% Kandy Kush and a 21% Blackwater OG that I have right now. Though it’s not a sledgehammer like the Grape Pie or the Gelato Cake I have either. It’s right for those of us who appreciate a different twist on the pinene terpenes in the OG varieties we enjoy. I’m imagining that I would want to cross the clone with a Tahoe OG or the Bodhi crosses in existence with Pine Soul. Thanks for reading, have a pleasant evening.

29 Likes

Gold Star x Snow Lotus, even more purple stemmed than the one I grew last year.

Herer Hashplant # 1

Herer Hashplant # 2

Sundance in a smaller grow bag than the others. Should have given it more teas instead of just top dressing but it should finish fine with a little TLC.

Patio shot

Gold Star x Snow Lotus male that has very purple stems. I prunned it t up to reduce the flowering branches and may F2 this cross.

37 Likes