Bodhi seed's Pura Vida Preservation Run (CLOSED)

I stay out of the coop as much as I can but surprised I haven’t seen this before… I’ll get something going and we’ll figure this out as it is a major issue that needs addressed yesterday.

Sorry y’all. We all get busy, but I see it now

25 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that one. I figured after SCJedi tagged all the normal people associated with this over 24hrs ago, at least one person would have replied.

Seed runs seemed to have been working perfectly until just recently. I don’t know why COVID would have impacted it at all for anybody, since post offices are still open in the US and Canada where most of the seed runs are taking place.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the money to pay for shipping out to hundreds of people at a time. That was the great benefit of this site centralizing torontoke’s Pay It Forward idea when I wrote about it and Houdini ran with the idea. Having one centralized spot but multiple people helping was the plan and it seemed to have been executed fairly well until now, so I’m curious why the ball’s getting dropped now if a single person bowed out of the process.

Thanks @toastyjakes much appreciated.

23 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you for having attention brought to this @nube . The seed runs were the whole reason I signed up on this site.
I hope whatever the issue is gets worked out because it really is IMHO what makes OG great.
Thank you also @toastyjakes as I am sure I am not the only one hoping that this gets worked out.

16 Likes

Your a good dude @nube for doing this I realize I’m a bit late to the party … I haven’t been jumping on much of the seed runs as of late but saw this one that piqued my interest I’v recently had a buddy pic some of this strain up from a dispensary recently here in CO and I have to say it’s one of the best ones I’v had from a dispensary and I believe it’s my 1st one of Bohdi’s strains I’v had to date thanks again for this undertaking and for @Mojorizing for donating!

15 Likes

Hey man, @SCJedi deserves the credit, not me. This is a good place with a good community and good people. Let’s all work together to keep the preservation seed runs going in the spirit of OverGrow :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@Tinytuttle Yeah, the PV flavor is not strong but it’s extremely pleasant. Effects are TBD but all signs are a GO so far. What part of CO? :slight_smile: I’d be happy to share in person if you’re on the front range. Socially-distanced, of course. Credit to @bodhi and @Mojorising. I just babysat for a bit. :heart_eyes:

23 Likes

And time and space, and care, but you are so humble. Thanks for setting a great example for the rest of us.

15 Likes

Ya I’m in the Northern front range just a tad north of FORT COLLINS love the area but my area is burning up at a serious rate! Just heard that there’s over 700 firefighters battling the Cameron peak fire alone with only a small portion of it being contained like less than 10% I’ll bet this one will be COLORADO’s largest one in history ! So sad!

12 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Im in the Vail valley and the smoke from those fires is DEEP here ! Hard to believe how bad it is, considering that the fires near you are like 200 plus miles away from me and the opposite direction of predominate wind. I went through Grand Junction yesterday and it was super smokey that way. From what I could find out, its all coming from the Cameron peak and Williams fork fires. Probably mixing in with some of the other western states wildfires as well.

10 Likes

Yea these winds are whipping this smoke in all directions from what I’m gathering I just hope they get this Cameron peak one under better control it’s probably going to start burning into the area if our 2012or 2013 fire we had that was a big one also if so hopefully it will calm It down a bit ! Glad to see another CO peep here welcome to OG! How long have ya been at growing? @mtntrogger

10 Likes

Take good care of yourself my brother. Stay safe.
You too @nube!

:cowboy_hat_face:

15 Likes

Moved here in 93. Was growing pretty regularly by 94/95. Started with clones of Blueberry that had come from the Boulder area and were making their way around the state slowly. Started buying breeder packs in the late 90’s. That Blueberry led me to buy more of DJ Shorts gear. Then when Scott started Rare Dankness I was all over his gear, since he was a CO dude and they where selling some of his stuff at the Medical (before there was rec) shop across the street from me. By 2010 I started getting into chucking and amassing a seed collection. Wanted to start my own seed biz in 16/17 but got sidetracked studying for the Advanced Somm exam. I knew after I passed that it was on ! Now I just need to work through all these lines.
Sorry @nube for going off topic.

13 Likes

@Greenhighlander i only mention this because a friend of mine knows first-hand. I dont care either way. Im self sufficent. It doesnt affect me either way
Cant speak on what LP’s are doing. I would imagine some pull some greasy shit at times no doubt.
cheers

5 Likes

Hey friends, welcome back to the place for peaceful positivity. :slight_smile: We all deserve kindness, compassion, generosity, and civility. I’m not going to engage any negativity in this thread because I only come here to share good vibes and free seeds from preservation runs.

All credit to @bodhi and @The_Lazy_Hippie for being such caring and generous individuals. You’re both a real benefit to the community and I humbly thank you. :heart_decoration:

So, with that taken care of, I’m finally getting the Pura Vida close to being ready to shuck. They’ve been too moist and it’s a PITA trying to shuck them, but recent dry weather has meant that they’re closer. For some reason the resin on all 4 females is very granular and sticky, much like humid sugar or something. It gums up scissors, lays a thick coat of sticky icky on gloves, and is generally just hard to deal with even when dry. I dunno, but I’ll survive. :slight_smile:

I think I figured out where the name came from. I’ve vaped the crumble from shucking some seeds and at least one pheno has an obvious vanilla rum and lime and sugar cane juice flavor. It tastes like a drink you’d have on a tropical beach, like in Costa Rica or the Caribbean. Not quite pina colada, but similar.

And the bud just makes you feel good. It’s hard to judge the potency of crumble from seed shucking, since it’s lost most of the trichs in the shucking process, but the effects have been happy, smiley, friendly, laughter-inducing and peaceful each time we’ve vaped it. No hangover, no ridiculous munchies, no couchlock, just a nice easy high that everyone enjoys because it brightens the day without feeling drugged or angry/stressed/over-caffeinated. Very enjoyable effects, and the clones are just about to go into flowering so I’ll have a full report of each pheno around New Years, if all goes to plan.

I’ll have a few more pics soon. We have a new addition to the family who’s going to be taking a lot of time, but I won’t forget about the thread. Please join me in welcoming Josey Wales:

:peace_symbol:

48 Likes

Nice pup and great name. Thats my favorite Clint Eastwood movie ever!

Thanks again nube. I’m really looking forward to growing some of these out.

13 Likes

Yeah, I always thought that the Pura Vida sounded like a good strain, for sure. Really looking forward to everybody’s grow reports of the f2’s that @nube sends out :wink::wink: nudge nudge… haha.

You guys ever read higherthought.guru? Coincidentally, he just reviewed some outdoor Pura Vida he grew recently. It wasn’t the most glowing review, but still interesting. Or I thought so, anyway.

Nice puppy, @nube! My girl and I have talked about maybe adopting a third boxer, but we’re a little hesitant. Our dogs are a little too old to be dealing with a new dog, I think. Bowie, our boy dog, is definitely a little unpredictable. I love him, he’s so chill, but around other dogs… Never know how he’s gonna respond. A friend of ours brought over their chihuahua a few years ago and Bowie tried to eat him haha! Like, literally, tried to eat him. That was when we decided it might be best to keep him away from other dogs…

14 Likes

Thanks, man. I grew up where the fictional story of Josey Wales took place, and I figured it would be a nice tip of the hat to the creator of GG4 who recently passed on. The pup’s a girl, but I figure the name Josey can go both ways.

Yeah he lives near me and we met up a few months back. He’s actually the reason why I didn’t seek out the Pura Vida cut he reviewed. He said it was lackluster flavor and effects and that he strongly suspected I could find something way better by searching a full pack like I did. He opined that an inferior cut may have been selected and proliferated around the area because 1) Gu didn’t take cuts of the actual keeper he grew and ended up with this, his 2nd choice from the grow (see Gu’s BreedBay PV tester journal that I linked above to verify this claim) and 2) this one was the more commercial cut based on bag appeal alone.

I think it’s worthwhile to temper your expectations resulting from any individual review of a strain, especially if a whole pack wasn’t run and there weren’t multiple female phenos considered. While I don’t know if PV is the best weed ever, so far it’s way better than that review would indicate.

As for puppies, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG lol :wink:

21 Likes

Cutest puppy EVER!! Don’t know if you have a bud bowl trimmer, but they work really well for shucking seeds if you take the blade out. Just throw them in and spin.

12 Likes

You answered my next question there, thank you. I’ve always wondered even for dispensary buds how well they really looked through the breed to find the best examples. Patience is a virtue for a reason!

7 Likes

Fuck yeah @nube ! The lil grom looks rad. Many great memories to come with that one. Thanks for the detailed report on the Pura Vida. Hopefully someone got back to you regarding distribution. Id be more than happy to send you $ for s&h, but you dont need to be overwhelmed with all that stuff. Best for all of us that you just keep doing what you do. Thanks again for your contributions to the members here and the cannabis community in general. Sending positive vibes.

10 Likes