BOG Sour Strawberry Preservation!

Thank you so much for tagging me! Grabbing a patch to sit and watch ! :v::green_heart:

7 Likes

You say BOG, I say I’m in!

I’m sure you will crush this run @CADMAN!

7 Likes

Thanks for the tag. :green_heart: I’ll be following along :green_heart:
I’m interested in learning more about your no-till bed. I have some red wigglers and they are not very active. Maybe sometime you can give a little more wormy details on their care and feeding.

4 Likes

Will love to be watching this grow. :wine_glass: :popcorn:

3 Likes

HOT DAMN!!

:sunglasses: :+1:

this will be fun!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Very excited to see everyones comments and super happy to know a few friends are dropping BOG seeds to grow along side as well.

Don’t forget to tag me in all the BOG grows!

13 Likes

If no luck on that seed hit me up……. @Rhino_buddy

4 Likes

Thank you CADMAN, for including me in this adventure. I cant wait to see your progress.

2 Likes

Thank You for the tag! I will be here for the show.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Yep I’m pulling up a chair for this one looking forward to a great preservation run good luck. And many blessings to you and yours happy growing.

6 Likes

Hey @MyrtleGrounds

Honestly, it took me a year or two to actually wrap my brain around Organics Gardening in the sense of, we feed the soil & the soil feed the plants. It was a new style of thinking for me.

After lots & lots of reading, research, talking relentlessly with Organic Growers I took the traditional methods of Organics and likely went a little crazy with it lol

In principle it’s so easy to actually do, but I didn’t follow traditional methods or use traditional inputs per say…

Basically you need soil or mixture of soils, Microbes, worms & food = ( Nutrients sources)
All these work together to break down the Organic foods you supply into fuel for the plants uptake.

As in my 1st post I built the soil based on knowledge & inputs available to me easily …

Since the Orginal soil build, I’ve just maintained the soil via feeding the worms " Worm Smoothys " with excellent results :grinning:

With NO Till (atleast for me) it took about 6 months for the soil to become its own and really produce great results, it takes time and with time everything just gets better & better.

For the actual Smoothys, I’ll take ANYTHING from my kitchen that’s Fruit or Vegetable based as well as Recycled :recycle: toilet paper rolls to feed and comfort for the worms… ( when worms are happy, they make babies and you end up with LOTS of healthy, happy worms.)

Some examples:
Avacodo skins, kiwi skins, watermelon, Mangos & skins, some nut shells, Bannanas or skins,
natural tea leaves, cannabis leaves, stems, roots, carrots, Cucumbers… ect I chop them all up, blend them in a blender, divide them into 1 cup sized sandwich bags and freeze them…

Worms/Microbial life eat, poop and that converted energy is now available to the plants to grow up healthy.

To feed the worms, dig a hole atleast 6 to 10" below the surface, drop in a frozen Smoothy, cover the hole and walk away. Repeat between 7 to 14 days (depending on Worm bin size and rate of cumsumpution)… other then this I just supply water/coconut water to the soil/plants and extra Humic/Fulvic Acid when I remember. That’s seriously it. Super easy even though it’s alot of information to take in.

Hope this helps.

20 Likes

Added some coconut water :coconut: :droplet: to 4 liter /1 gal jug and watering the soil :wink:

Ps. Because of my garden soil, I no longer need to PH anything ever, so I use tap water PH of around 7.5 /8 ph and the soil regulates the proper PH for the plants on its own.

22 Likes

Oh no, forgotten about again, that’s alright, I’ll just stand outside here and peek through a window

Do try to keep the noise down though, it’s hard as hell to hear out here and I don’t want to miss anything

6 Likes

Your more then welcome here, as is anyone else.
I’ve got more friends on here then anyplace and sometimes I loose track unfortunately.
Hit that follow thread button & never miss any updates :wink: Glad to see you come inside and relax on the couch while Rollin a few up.

9 Likes

The next few months are going to be a blast brother. Go BOG, Go Cadman :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the tag.

So you’re using soil that’s been going for a couple of years already, excellent!

Should you run into N deficiencies, don’t forget about the power of covercrops :wink:

5 Likes

Good luck! Hope it goes flawlessly.

5 Likes

Hell yea! Thank you for the heads up! @HolyAngel would be interested in this too! I ant wait till all the BOG grows get going! I always wanted to grow his bogglegum back on the original OG, never did get around to buying any seeds till this past year. So saddened to feel my only purchase of BOGs stuff may have been tampered with :confounded:.

8 Likes

Looking forward to your show! I have been doing worm smoothies for a few months after seeing you do it, and my population has exploded!

6 Likes

Thanks for tagging me CADMAN! I’m definitely along for the ride. Should be a fun one! Never had anything that actually tasted strawberry before, even on the cough lol.

5 Likes