Boogie blue plus water filter

Here’s my thread not much to it but a have a pic or two with some vid upload

1 Like

That is a cool thread man, uh, professor. Thank you for sharing that. I’m getting pretty interested in all this microbiology stuff. It is amazing to me that all these little things I can’t see are what keeps my plants green.

1 Like

It is amazing for sure ! Easiest type of growing IMO it just gets easier as time goes on!

1 Like

Plants grew fine and were even healthier prior to the 1940 ‘s when fertilizers first came out as a result of war efforts over the years soil health has degraded immensely over the years with mono cropping techniques and lack of organic matter in the soil… have you watched the Gabe brown video yet? Some pretty impressive statistics in that one

2 Likes

Over Grow is a classic example of Synergy
“The whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts”
A force multiplier for sure.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

You can see the microorganisms? What type of microscope do you have and how do you prepare a water sample for viewing?

NM saw the link to your what’s in my soil thread I’ll have to read it over. Could your scope see powdery mildew spores?

2 Likes

This is a variation of what I have not sure if it’s the exact one but close … but yes bacteria and no problem on spores . I take like a thimble full and mix it in like ten milliliters of water then I’ll take 1 mil of concentrate and dilute with 9 mils of water so that’s roughly a 1:100 dilution and I’ll look at that if I want to do counts I’ll serial dilute further to where stuff is in a countable range and yes that is only a drop on the slide https://omaxmicroscope.com/omax-40x-2000x-lab-binocular-biological-compound-led-microscope-with-mechanical-stage.html?medium=tsa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi77D-Nb86QIVT_DACh23qgDTEAQYASABEgLpdvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.

3 Likes

Damn!! That is remarkably cheap!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yea I have a nice case with it also think I paid around 3 BEN’s for mine

3 Likes

That’s really cool, I didn’t know there were readily available scopes that can do that. It must be fun to just check out random things with it.

2 Likes

It is I can sit for hours on it at times the coolest thing I remember seeing was a rotifer looked like an alien eating machine with twirling appendages that took food right into its mouth… kinda like the one deceptacon on transformers in the desert at the pyramids movie

3 Likes

What the construction boys turned into, yeah I follow. That would be super cool to see in your tea man. Although since it’s good for your soil, it would definitely be an auto bot.

I can see how that would be addictive. I was reading an article from redbud soil and he claims to use more of the Korean natural farming (knf) now with tea application only a couple times a year. Have you looked into any of that?

2 Likes

Yea Iv dabble in it also … made water soluble calcium , a homemade soap used for many purposes mainly as an insecticide… I killed many aphids last year with it never got into the fish fertilizer the book I had purchased was JADAM a KNF style, son of master CHO who was a leader in the KNF movement

3 Likes

The Rotifer I believe was in my soil I need to check the fungal biomass in my front flower beds the wood chips have been decomposing over the last couple of years now , mushrooms are fruiting in them every now and then when I pull back the wood chips it has a good mycelia mass in them all covered in a white cobweb like structure

4 Likes