Brazilian Diary

So you kept the same name from the brazilian forum here :smiley: from my perspective they will take more than 9 weeks to complete flowering… There are no amber trichomes until now (week 7) and they seem to be fox tailing a bit, big buds ahead :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aah I’ve been using this nickname for a long time, in games, forums, and even some friends call me that lol

aah it is very likely that there will still be 7/9 weeks for them to be ready to harvest, but for sure there will be some very fat and resinous buds.

Noix

3 Likes

Wow, I never realized I could read in Brazillian. @Abbbian will be so proud of me!

Also great looking garden you have! Loving that glowing brick.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Welcome to OG @zen
Very nice ladies you have there.

3 Likes

Hi @zen! Welcome to OG! You have an amazing garden right there! Congrats!!
The buds!? Awesome!

We usually refer to it as (probably “Paraguayan”) Brick Weed round here. Yours is even nicer! I’ve tried it before and it turned out to be a gent! One day I might give it another go!!

Whenever you have a chance, please go to the thread below and introduce yourself to the community (in case you haven’t done it yet!). You kind of already did, more OGers will get to know you! Mandou brasa!!

Btw, don’t mind @lophophora.ca, who’s probably jealous people don’t speak Canadian in Canada. :neutral_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :flushed: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I was gonna post only after one week, but the summer is coming and temperatures are climbing as much as a speed climber on Everest!!
External temperatures (max/min): 29/24ºC
Internal temperature (max/min): 31/23ºC

The main situation is some fox tailing happening on all buds, to diminish this effect I lowered down QB power to 80% and will harvest with 20% amber trichomes, but not even one has turned amber (it’s the first day of week 8).

13 Likes

Problems ahead, maybe… Recently one of the plants has shown dead spots as shown, would it be Calcium Deficiency? It’s strange because onpy one out of 4 plants is like this. Another thing is that I started to omly water feed them for the past two weeks and they are showing overfeed brown tips??? Is this common to happen? pH of water is 6.3

6 Likes

PhotoEditor_20221021_141657368

Another plant for comparison of burned tips

3 Likes

They are at end of week 8.

6 Likes

End of week 9 and we are facing high temperatures due to Brazilian summer approaching.
I have been only watering them for the last 3 weeks and all kind of symptoms are showing up, it’s great to learn a bit more of how long it takes them to develop Calcium, Nitrogen, Phosporous or Potassium deficiencies… I also got a little bit of burned tips until now, maybe due to heat stress. Who knows?

12 Likes

I don’t know if the foxtails are from the heat, or they’re getting a second-wind using up the stored energy, but they look great :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s good to have some fox tailing as I let them veg less than they really needed :relaxed:

3 Likes

Getting nervous about my bad timing considering my vegging plants are screaming for another pot. They have been in a 400mL pot for 6 weeks and had to top them again to keep them low…

Meanwhile the flowering plants keep going, I’ll take some close up shots after work.

1 Like

Welcome again @zen
Are you using any kind of fertilizer?

This is how I do it, along with companion crops, with great results:

5 Likes

Looks kinda like a white widow cross. WW has been around forever, soo you could have some decent old school stuff there…white widow, if you breed with this plant be careful as white widow isn’t the best to breed with. The genes are very strong and over several generations most of the crosses end up coming out like white widow.

Edit: typically in breeding, white widow is only used in outcrosses to isolate a specific trait. Because white widow is so “true breeding” it is very well suited for this…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I was using some solid fertilizers with good results, but stopped to give them any nutrient for more than a month now. I’ll cut them in 2 days (lights will be off for 48h)

Thanks for the tips, I didn’t had success this time, had some pollen from the last grow in the freezer, but they had +6 months and my freezer ocasionally was used when friends came over to drink and have a bbq, the temperature variation may have made them spoil…

1 Like

A shot from the smallest plant that was at a 700mL pot

6 Likes

The other 3 plants, it is start of week 12 of flowering and they will be cut in 2 days. Buds are heavy despite of foxtail formation, obviously airy. They have a very energetic vibe, got some small popcorns during the cycle :grimacing:

6 Likes