BubbleGum Auto - Vero29v7 600W

This thread has taken an amusing turn!

The taunting of @MadScientist is LOL funny!

Overwatering is a very common trap new growers fall into.

I found this guide which may be helpful.
It is pretty good and accurate IMO.

Here is a pertinent excerpt for @MadScientist:

Be extra careful with small plants in big containers.

3 Likes

Donā€™t misunderstand that over watering is different than flushing also. you canā€™t drown a plant by flushing it. also, you should water to the point of having run off if that wasnā€™t mentioned. If not, excess salts that are not taken up by the plant can start to build up, eventually causing toxicity.

3 Likes

My girls are sadā€¦ Dunno why. Gave them 750mL on the 17th and this morning another 750mL, they were like that since last night, it is my concern that they were overwatered to begin with, so i starved them for a whole week, until todayā€¦

2 Likes

what is the ph of the runoff? why did you water this morning? did you lift the pot and feel it light?

1 Like

I was adviced to wait until today to water them, they were wilting/drooping i dunno, since last night they were like this. Now, they are bouncing back, with the water i gave them, 6.5pH and 0.3EC, because the soil is @ 5.7pH; so i wanted to raise it a little bit, i only gave them 750mL so there is no run offā€¦!?

1 Like

I wish you lived close. It doesnā€™t have to be this difficult. Keep plugging away and it will come together.

2 Likes

Thanks @ryasco, thatā€™s very nice of you. I didnā€™t wash the coco before mixing it with the perlite, so now, the coco is thru the roof @ 1.2 EC, i did the test with the mix i used for my plants and thatā€™s how it came out. My bad. Inexperience; next time iā€™ll give the coco a very throughout wash with good water. Anyway, i think thatā€™s it, i hope i donā€™t have to start againā€¦ It would be kinda depressing/discouraging but never give up! Youā€™re right my friend, it shouldnā€™t be this hard.

1 Like

Donā€™t feel too bad. Everyone has made a mistake or two. :disappointed_relieved:

I have been having issues with putting some clones in some recycled soil that was still too hot. Then I put about 3x too much garlic/ginger extract. They look exactly like yours right now. On top of that, I have thrips sucking the life out of them. :rage:

2 Likes

Oh man, so sorry about your plantsā€¦ I hope you can kill those thripsā€¦ Are you doing anything to get rid of them, i know AzaMax worksā€¦

I have some plants in flower so Iā€™m waiting to spray spinosad until those are done. Thrips are pretty easy to get rid of. I have been controlling them on the veg plants with neem oil. And watering everything with a garlic/ginger/habenero extract.

1 Like

I just measured the run off water from my plants, and itā€™s coming out at 1.8EC!!! That is why they are suffering, overwatering didnā€™t help, but i gotta flush them right?

EDIT.: I flushed one of the girls just now, and i dunno; it seems like itā€™s resucitating instantly, is it possible i can see it greener in just a few minutesā€¦?

I flushed it until run off was at 0.8EC.

Hazlo. Lava la tierra/raĆ­ces con agua con pH controlado hasta que obtengas un valor aceptable en la EC del agua que escurre el sustratoā€¦
Que estas usando de sustrato (toda la mezcla y proporciones) y has abonado y con quƩ?..
Voy a darle un vistazo al hilo, que ahora me funciona el traductorā€¦

1 Like

El sustrato es coco 33%, piedra pomes 33% y Perlita 33%, tiene algo de ceniza de granza de arroz tambien. Pero no lo lave cuando lo compre, ese fue el error.
De nutrientes he usado General Hydroponics la linea organicaā€¦

The sustrate is coco 33%, pomice 33% and perlite 33%, it has some rice husk ash in it too. But i didnā€™t washed it when i bought it, that was the mistake.
Nutrients iā€™ve used General Hydroponics, organics lineā€¦

the thing with coco is itā€™s nearly impossible to overwater - you can keep pouring water in until what comes out the bottom is the same as you are putting thru the top. iā€™d heavily flush with lightl nutrient mix and correct PH, maybe a couple gallons each pot.

1 Like

Bro no worries. Lots of times when you water plants they get droopy. Ive grown some cultivars that droop with any water (drench and foliar)

1 Like

I flushed them all, and they seem to be thanking it. In just minutes they seem to be recuperatingā€¦ Thanks guys. Iā€™ll post pics in a whileā€¦

1 Like

Primo, olvidate de esas mezclas ā€œinertesā€ y difĆ­ciles de manejar en cultivo y pasate a la tierra. Te aseguro que con buena tierra, agua a buen pH, un buen abono, neem y luz apropiada, van solasā€¦

2 Likes

It looks like that medium has fundamental problems. I start with a simple peat-based potting soil mix and go from there. More forgiving of mistakes and less problems.

For organic soil you can start with any peat-perlite based potting mix. Add perlite until the total share is 30%. Add some basic dry nutrients, your choice, 3-4 tablespoons per gallon of soil, and use plain water. If the mix doesnā€™t include dolomite lime to balance pH, add 1-2 TBLSP lime per gallon of soil. Less places for things to go wrong.

something like this - itā€™s 15% perlite/vermiculite. It has lime. I would add 15% perlite. Then 3-4 tablespoons of Espoma Plant tone per gallon of soil. Guaranteed to work.

http://www.pthorticulture.com/en/products/pro-mix-bx-mycorrhizae/

2 Likes

No estoy de acuerdo con lo del pH: tuviste la suerte de tener el correctoā€¦ Pero lo de ā€œmenos es mĆ”sā€, o " sencillo al principio" se lo he dicho yo tambiĆ©n a Mad Scientist varias vecesā€¦

I do not agree with the pH: you were lucky to have the right ā€¦ But the ā€œless is moreā€, or ā€œsimple at firstā€ I have also told Mad Scientist several times ā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks guys, the flushing really did work. Hydro-static pressure seems to be gaining its desired level and they bounced back in a matter of hoursā€¦ Check it out!

3 Likes