Buddy's AF Grow Show

@ReikoX suggests 1/4 teaspoon per USA gallon.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got nutrients mixed up around .9ec and ill add some epsoms to it. Ph around 5.8-5.9

The white widow you suggested for me to try next should be good to be potted today! I have to pickup some solo cups, and yesterday I prepped my coco. I also picked up a little light just to start off my plants in my original tent.

1 Like

Just my two cents. On my last grow I had a similar problem with just one plant. I had a bad fungus gnat problem which I think caused me root rot not sure if youā€™re running coco like I was but if ESRā€™s suggestion doesnā€™t fix it try something to help break down roots, worked for me and it started to come back around. I also thought I had nitrogen toxicity issues but like I say was root rot.

3 Likes

I am running coco also. Iā€™ll look up fungas gnats on the net and see if I can spot them.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re like fruit flies around the soil and base of plant. Its usually pretty obvious if you have them, and keep in mind itā€™s rare to see a garden without the odd few.

You can buy those sticky traps and put them around to see what they catch. If you see 1 or 2 dead fungus gnats on em itā€™s pretty normal and acceptable, if you see 50 thereā€™s a problem!

4 Likes

I guess ill buy some sticky traps today and check it out. If I donā€™t have gnats now, iā€™m sure iā€™ll get them one day.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the spirit! :neutral_face: Lolā€¦ personally I donā€™t think itā€™s a bug issue, I think overfeeding/watering or light burn is the culprit, but theyā€™re coming along fine despiteā€¦

3 Likes

You guys are the pros!

I didnā€™t think it was heat since sheā€™s had the lights at 8" before and loved it, until the other plant grew taller. Its been at 14" now and temps are lower now with the light upgrade.

Feedā€¦she pretty much has been feed 1.1-1.2ec for a month. Is it possible for that to change?

Ph Iā€™ve had issues but itā€™s been around 5.8-6.1

Either wayā€¦Iā€™m not doing anything crazyā€¦last time I over reacted a few plants died lol. Listening to everyoneā€™s wisdom and really appreciate it!

4 Likes

The widows Iā€™ve grown have ALL had them brown patches on the leafs like you have with these plants so if you notice the same again donā€™t worry. I just continued my regular feeding and once she went into full bloom it stopped and didnā€™t effect the newer growth. Looking forward to see how you enjoy growing the WW. Sheā€™s an amazing strain and will accept some really heavy feeds :+1:

4 Likes

Just checked on the seedling and going to pot her tomorrow morning. Picked up beer cups and Iā€™m good to go! Also itā€™s been 2months since the last time Iā€™ve killed a plant with over watering, this time around I think Iā€™ve improved greatly.

Iā€™ve smoked white widow a long time ago and enjoyed it. This one is being planted in honor of you.

Also Iā€™ve gotta post some photos tomorrow of the Brooklyn sunriseā€¦just looked at her and compared the burnt plant so much easier to train. Really glad I didnā€™t stop with her when i over watered!

4 Likes

I grabbed some sticky padsā€¦I think I saw someone suggest this to check for bugs? If not, is there something else I should be using?

5 Likes

Those gnats theyā€™re little flies generally nothing to worry about but depending on whatā€™s around you they can become a problem. Sticky pads keep adults at bay but if it was gnats which by the sound it isnā€™t anyway but to prevent the baby flies making it you can buy gnat mix or sand or various others thereā€™s plenty out there :+1:

7 Likes

No youā€™re good. If you have other kinds of bugs youā€™ll see them on the strips too, but i donā€™t see any signs of that on your plants

4 Likes

Itā€™s an honor having you plant one in honor of me but to be fare our growing styles are very much the same. Solstrips (mine run at 650w) megacrop nutrients, coco medium and now Iā€™ve started to use autopots myself for simplicity. The only difference is my plants get left alone to more or less to grow themselves as most of my time is taking up with work. If I was retired or similar Iā€™m sure they would get a lot more attention from me. When I very 1st started indoor growing Iā€™d have the tent open several times a day. It quickly became apparent at least in my own mind that the grow seemed like it was taking longer :rofl: now I LITFA the shit out of them.

7 Likes

Have a look at the pictures on here

And here

Your plant looks like it could have either problem.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really lunch c this thread buddy, much respect for hanging in there even after you 187ā€™d a couple lol keep on pushing bubba :call_me_hand::muscle:

3 Likes

Soon ill be an expert at LIFTA, I did run out of it a few times. lol

How do you like the autopots? I had a big issue with PH drifting up from 5.8 to 6.4 a few times (withing 36hrs). Iā€™ve since removed my pump from the res, as I guess the from it was causing it to drift. Anyway itā€™s been a lot better now, drifting from 5.8 to 6.1ā€¦and then i slowly bring it back down and rinse/repeat.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦not giving up! Iā€™m loving this hobby, just seems to be a very expensive one lol

I have 2 tents up and running now as of 8am! Iā€™m doing my best to run a perpetual grow of 4 plants, and now iā€™ve got my 3rd plant started. I will be adding 1 more light in a month or so if no other unforeseen bills pop up. Gonna be a party once I harvest my first plant even if itā€™s 1g of smokeable goodness.

5 Likes

Dang on right bro, that 1 gram would treat you well if it had to lol.
You ever thought about the amended living soil approach? Grows a little slower but produces some of the best flower Iā€™ve tasted, smelled, and looked. Plus itā€™s atleast 50% less maintenance in my opinion. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only had them running a little over a week so I canā€™t really give you any feedback on them. I will be checking the ph though now you have mentioned the drift issue.

2 Likes