Buddy's AF Grow Show

For sure keep an eye on it and let me know.

For 2months I didn’t clean the res, just kept topping off and had a pump running every 2minutes each hour to stir it up. Would drift from 5.8 to 6.3 sometimes in 2 days.

What I’ve since changed is pump is gone, and did a good cleaning of my res (think this was right around the time my leaves started to goto shit). My PH levels are climbing up very slow now, which gets me to 6.1 in 5days or so.

5 Likes

For sure i’ll be trying different grow methods. Took me 3months to settle on my setup, mainly from people on this site and on AFN.

With the 4plant limit we have, I figure I’ll grow them as big as possible. But down the road I plan on doing some soil grows in 1gallon pots, and I’d also like to try my hands on DWC. But first baby steps…i dont even know how to cure, trim. lol

I also need to figure out if I can make cartridges for my CCell vape. I will roll 1 joint up from each harvest I have, but really prefer vaping and edibles.

3 Likes

Ouch, she does not look happy. I have a plant that consistently does this leaf ‘canoeing’, even when healthy, but these look like they have next to no stem stretch/growth and they are clawed up. Over-lighting tends to bleach them, which is not obvious from this photo, are you flushing with PH 5.8 water regularly? Salt build up can do all sorts or unpredictable weirdness, and PH is the other chief cause of issues in coco coir.
I can’t see fungus gnats doing this much damage to an established plant, they eat the root hairs so the smaller plants suffer more because they can’t outproduce the gnats, typically older plants are not stressed by them.
The problem you will get if you start adding this and that is that in all likelihood it will get worse. Mostly if you are using a decent nutrient at the recommended levels, deficiencies are rare. Most of the time it will be too much love that kills them and big fluctuations trying to patch this and that are not good.
So… to test if it were me I would feed with PH 5.8 water for a few days, then maybe foliar feed them a half or quarter strength nutrient solutions for a few days and see what happens. It’s less than ideal to be foliar feeding during flower, but these don’t look so far along that they will rot. Otherwise, flush with PH 5.8 water for a few days and then a half strength for a few days etc. Go easy on any corrections though.

5 Likes

I think the problem started at the beginning with me training her instead of seeing how she would grow, had the lights down too low so she didnt stretch?, then PH drifting too high, overfeed, res dumped into tent, humidifier broke. Pretty much in that order lol

Since she is extremely bushy, i fear she will get mold cause I did try to bend her branches a few days ago to “look” inside and it’s not pretty. Underdeveloped leaves that got no light, buds against buds. I just looked at her this morning and the damage has all stopped, and her leaves are looking better, plus she’s back on the autopots with the same feed as her sister which is 200ppm lighter than what i feed her at her max. The only good thing that has come of all of this…my second baby!

I did overwater her (still learning how to perfect my watering skills for the first 3 weeks). I trained her…kept the lights higher away from her during the first month and her she is! the stretch/node spacing is amazing (atleast i think). I did push her a bit hard at one point, but all in check now.

Again…shout out to everyone that is helping!

9 Likes

They’re hardy bastards to be honest unless you overfeed or cook them they tend to do ok. And she looks just fine bro you’re doing good :+1: my only criticism is you need to shed some of those leaves in the center, nothing wrong with a bush but IMO you need some air flow and canopy penetration other than that mate you’re smashing it.

7 Likes

I’m going to look over her tomorrow and see where i can improve in defoliating. I’ve removed 1 leaf from her only, just been doing a lot of leaf tucking.

The beast of a plant…no shit about 300+ leaves i removed! The 2 plants have downed 2gallons since yesterday and just made another 4gal for them. Her pistols are starting to change colour!

5 Likes

Don’t go mad plucking leafs. You will stall her out and it will effect her yield. I’d remove anything that’s 50% or more brown and dying and anything that’s under the canopy that doesn’t seem to be growing very well I’d remove that also. Don’t do it all in one go though. Try to spread the defoaliation over several days to minimize stress :+1:

9 Likes

Should have said that myself haha but what @Esrgood4u said is correct just go easy bit by bit.

5 Likes

I’ve learned my lesson the hard way with the Ultimate. Plucked way too much…for like 3days straight.

I’m going to take some pics of her trichs at the end of the week and see what I am at. Her pistols are starting to change colour, and she’s 81days old today!

5 Likes

Pistils constantly cycle. Only use them as a “guide” That your approaching the harvest window. Trichomes are the only true fire way to know when she is ripe enough for the taking. Post your tric shots and ask our members what they think before cutting her down. You spent this long growing her it be a shame if you take her early rendering the smoke next to useless :+1::v:

4 Likes

Here we go! Some cloudy, but not seeing any amber. HUGE difference past few days after being overfeed, both girls are drinking a ton. Some photos seem to have some weird blotches on it…pic 2/3 you can see it.

So moving forward, not sure how often to check for some ambers.

11 Likes

White Widow Auto is doing well! She’s 6days from sprout, and so much easier feeding her in the solo cup then my 4gal pot. Going to read up when to transplant her, from what i read around 7-10days or when she is the same width as the cup?

Going to scope my Auto Ultimate this weekend, and prep for my first harvest. Going to wet trim, and put in paper bags. My drying tent is holding her temps well, and humidity around 50% so think I’m all setup.

5 Likes

Scoped her again, and not seeing any amber yet. Was getting ready for a Tuesday harvest, but guess I’ll wait some more.

And here is my Brooklyn Sunrise. She’s doing great…im tempted to lower my lights, but playing it safe. She has about a month to go.

Still itching for my second set of lights. But I had to buy a dehumidifier as it was getting too high in my tent. And also have to price out getting new central air, which ill need soon once the weather gets nicer. I do want to grow year round, too many awesome strains to try.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see you trying to control the ww auto when she puts her skates on :rofl: best advice is to pot her in as big of a pot as you can fit in your grow area and push her to her absolute limit with the nutrients. She will easily grow an inch a day once she hits her stride. :+1:

4 Likes

Here she is…day 8 and looking great! Waiting for her to drink a bit more, and going to up her feed just a tad. This solo cup is making my life so much easier to water.

A quick question…im planning on fimming her, and I’ve ready to do it at 14days or so IF she has 4 nodes? That shows that she is healthy etc? Also when do i transplant her, read a bunch of different suggestions and confused.

I’m hoping to nail it with this grow…LIFTA.

Not to self, add a bit more coco next time :frowning:

5 Likes

My widow auto stalled for around 10 days after fimming her but she hit the accelerator and blew me away with the speed of growth once she’d recovered. She was supposedly a 65 day strain but she went nearly double that. She was pushing the sides of my 4x4 tent out. She was grown in a 75 litre homemade bubble bucket made out of a tote that she shared with a big devil xxl auto and fed on vitalink hydro range of nutrients. :+1:

4 Likes

She’s going in her 4gal autopot tomorrow. Her leaves span the width of the cup, and by tomorrow she should be ready for a watering.

I’m confident this time I wont overwater. Looking forward to see a big plant. Going to try and push it a bit as you suggested on nutrients and I want to see how close I can get my lights. I’ve been at 11" from tops.

4 Likes

Moved the Widow to her final home, and hope she makes it! She kinda fell apart as I was trying to get her out of her solo cup. Looked so much easier on youtube videos…

I’ll check up on her in 24hrs.

5 Likes

We have all been there mate and my advice when you come to transplanting again is to just give it more time like 2 weeks is about where the roots in a solo cup will actually hold together firmly.

Guess that could depend on strain and whether it’s from seed etc etc but in my experience it’s around 2 weeks. That being said I’m sure she will survive just take it easy on her from what I’ve heard autos don’t respond well to being messed with but I’m on my first auto grow now so can’t say cos I’ve not messed with em :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve killed enough plants…this won’t phase me lol.

Ya, wasn’t sure when to transplant as it was my first time, and from what i read it said when leaves surpass the cup. Anyway next time ill do 2 weeks and give it a go. Should I have watered it before transplanting? maybe it would have held better.

I’ll be starting another seed in 2-3weeks and ill give it another go!

4 Likes