Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Did you and your friends used to dare each other to drink the bong water??? As an adult I am horrified by what I may have ingested just to be the “stoner stud” who won the dare and maybe a free sack.

2 Likes

No, but I had a roommate in collage who used to chew tobacco. A spilled bong has nothing on a spilled spittoon. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Before we moved in together my wife used to live in a house with a a while lot of roommates. One of them chewed, and would spit into empty beer cans, and leave them laying around. Well, guess who picked up, and had a full gulp, of a “full” beer thinking it was their own?

Gross

1 Like

Now that would cause cyclic vomiting :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Did it ever…

On topic, however, personally and anecdotally, cannabis can make me nauseated, albeit indirectly. I am prone to anxiety, and if I am to smoke a heady variety (literally, two tokes of a proper sativa does it), i will get sick from my elevated anxiety. And yes, hot showers help. Not so much due to temperature regulation, but more due to an increased sensory load. You know, if you hit your shin on the damn coffee table for the fifth time, rubbing it helps feel less pain?

There is a reason – the sense of touch, and muscular feedback, travel about 10x as fast as the sense of pain, and the sensory neurons reset by an order of magnitude faster as well. So, kinda like a von Neumann machine, as you rub, at least 10x as many “bits” reach the brain, for every pain “bit”, and because the bus is shared, it “feels” better. Somewhat of a stretch of an analogy, but kinda holds.

8 Likes

What the deal with this?(Link below)I kinda heard of this before but now i come across this news article while having my morming coffee, is this some kind of government trick to get everyone smoking their weed? The part that says when the user switched to government cannabis the vomiting stopped has me calling BS on it… I’m not saying this isn’t a symptom but government weed being the cure? Dunno, what does everyone think about this?

4 Likes

I think that’s stupid click bait

CHS might be a real thing, but still no one know what causes it and it’s very rarely dignosed from what I have been reading up on it.

It’s something that haven’t been recorded before 2004, makes me belive it’s more a question about something introduced to cannabis.
I suspect all thouse hormones and chemicals people have started using, to tricker sex changes and what not. To be a more likely cause of CHS, then anything natural ocurring in cannabis. Tho I have nothing to back this up, it’s just a logic conclution from my own observations tru 25 years of smoking and growing.

3 Likes

Didn’t realize this been in the news for years… gonna read this existing post but honestly seems like a government trick to see their weed.

1 Like

A buddy in Canada has this, if you know Magilla purge his mind.
He’s had this a couple of times, it means you’re partaking wayyyyy toooo much.
He’d have to take hot baths for extended periods of time.
Nothing to mess with for sure.

3 Likes

Punishment for wrongdoing in past lives. :smirk:

:evergreen_tree:

Some people have been linking it to azadiractin, one of the active ingredients in neem. I, personally, think it’s the concentrated sprays like Azamax that are causing the issue.

3 Likes

I don’t think Magilla had bug or mold problems.
Highly doubt if there were any of those chemicals on his gear

I agree, I’ve read, neem oil, while safe to use and ingest raw, chemically changes and becomes a lung irritant when heated and smoked.

2 Likes

I mean silver is not good to smoke either, but I’d hope there isn’t any CS in bud on the open market :unamused:

1 Like

The sad part is, unless you grow it, you have no idea what is really been done to it.

8 Likes

Sad truth there :broken_heart: :cry::weary:

2 Likes

So i wonder is it only if smoked or can vaporizing cause this too?

Granted smoking all them chemicals aren’t good for you but Gilla got it from over indulging.
Between smoking a great amount each day then oil it will and does get toxic.

4 Likes

Actually I know people that drink collidial silver supposed to be good for you in moderation, maybe not smoked thou.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be the silver oxide that’s toxic I had read, but I’ll need to dig the thing out. A quick google search gave me too many results and I’ll have to sift through the blogs and sales sites to get to the one I’m looking for.

1 Like