Cannavore Selections

Black triangle x counterfeit kush female really taking off now. I plan to get it into flower as soon as space opens up (I think within a week or so now, give or take). The lower branches also still aren’t quite big enough to clone yet. She was in that small pot too long and was growing mostly vertically because of that. I ended up “FIM”-ing the top and that’s been helping the lower branch growth.

She’s still been a very easy plant to care for. Not fussy at all. None of the black triangle x counterfeit kush have been. Really enjoying growing this strain so far!

I also finally think I might have figured out why I was having so much trouble getting the plants to show sex. I have been using a second temporary veg room for the last 3-4 months because I was so out of space in my normal veg room.

Well, it wasn’t getting 100% dark in there during the dark period. I had a glowing power switch from an appliance (heater) that I didn’t know glowed. It was burned out, or at least not working. But I guess it decided to start working again, and the BTxCK seedlings were sitting right next to that glowing power switch.

Also, one of the switches on the light timer got pressed down somehow, so the light was coming on for 15 minutes during the middle of the dark period. Yikes! I’m lucky it didn’t cause bigger issues. Not sure how long it’s been like that… :man_facepalming:

Less than a week after moving the first suspected female (the big one above) into my other (main) veg room (where I know it’s 100% dark at night) it was showing the white pistils.

I ended up re-potting the last 2 BTxCK I had and moved them into my main veg room. One is looking like a female and the other I was still 50/50 on (it has what looks like it could be female calyx’s but they also have 2 small leaves growing, but not in a claw shape. :man_shrugging:) so I said F it and repotted it. I’m confident it’ll show sex quickly now that it’s repotted and in the main veg room.

I’m annoyed with myself that it’s taken so long. lol
I wish I would’ve just re-potted and moved them into the main veg room weeks ago. Oh well.

13 Likes

Moved the BT x CK female into flower yesterday (finally!). I’ll have more space in the flower room opening within a week but I decided not to wait. I was able to make enough room to get it in there now, and I’ll move it to a better spot under the other light in the next few days (once space opens). I wanted to make sure it was in flower before the summer heat starts becoming an issue for me.

I still have to get a few clones off it (in case it’s a keeper). I figure I’ll do it some time this week.

One of the other 2 I repotted is a male after all. I was 50/50 on it and figured it was worth a shot repotting it in case it was a female (so it would be ready for flower sooner).

11 Likes

looks good bro, bummer on the ratio but like you said hopefully the other half has all your females haha.

1 Like

Lazy Sundae finishing up!!

24 Likes

oooh yeah looking good!!

3 Likes

Black Triangle x Counterfeit Kush almost at the end of week 1 flower (I think it’s day 5 or 6).

I did “FIM” the top a couple weeks ago (which is why it’s growing multiple tops now). I didn’t want to do any training & let her grow natural but I needed her lower branches to stretch so I could get clones.

I was able to get plenty of clones now, so I’ll have a mom if she’s a keeper! Really excited to see this strain flower.

10 Likes

One last shot of the remaining males (1 was already chopped) of the black triangle x counterfeit kush before they get the chop.

I wasn’t sure if you’d have any interest in seeing them or not @Cannavore but figured I’d take pics just in case you did.

The short, bushy one in the last pic was the one I was holding out hope for to be female. The rest were obvious males just by the way they were stretching.

And a couple pics of the female again:

9 Likes

The BT x CK responded very well to the “FIM” technique. Today is day 12 since I fimmed the top.

Check it out today:

It went from growing a single main cola with little side branching, to now having 5 top colas and lots of lateral branching. I think part of the reason it wasn’t branching out before was due to me having it rootbound in the 1/2 gal. pot for too long. But it definitely responded great to the FIM.

Here it was 12 days ago for reference:

!

12 Likes

Nice response ya got there. I haven’t intentionally done that for awhile. Did it a lot in the yard.

1 Like

Update the link

Shit my discord is barely operational lol I haven’t had the time to get it going. Made one cuz all the cool kids were.

I’ll re-link it though cuz I’m sure I’ll eventually get my butt on there

3 Likes

That Gmo Walts male must be an absolute stud. Have you posted his headshot :man_shrugging:?

Edit I saw the bad news damn Im sorry. Almost like losing a friend.

2 Likes

He was vigorous n smelly with a good pollen load for sure. No frosty trichs or anything special. Just a solid dude from I think it was a 25 seed pop. He lives on in his kids lol.

I got a couple still saved;

16 Likes

I got a couple studs in my current selection of 22.

Maybe I could pick your brain a bit.

Yes, I do sorry! Ive been in and out of hospital so haven’t been around much or on here for that matter. The black triangle x counterfeit kush had excellent germ rate, all 13 popped in less than 12 hours in a soak, ended up with 4 keeper females that flowered outdoor here at 53rd parallel, though the one I tried to reveg did not make it through the winter. Good vigor and strong odor through flower, walking into the yard you could smell them overtop the devils tit that I was also flowering. Very much a sweet hashy fuel smell to them, almost candy sweet, with a touch of something sour, but not a Citrus sour, if thst makes sense. Dried flower retains a good hit of the terps and came out nicely I think.

The one that went really dark was the one I failed to reveg through winter, I got hit with a nasty cold snap that over powered my garage heaters.

Edit : saw my post from when I first finished these up and was in and out of the hospital, and yes the sour smell is like that of sour meat.

16 Likes

all good broham gotta take care of yourself first n foremost! glad to see you salvaged the run though. your flowers definitely have a CK look to them but more filled in from that Kush/Ghash!

4 Likes

This link should never expire. It’s quiet at the discord but I’d like to get it more active. Some of my seed making homies are also there like Meduser/Woodhorse, & my dude Catch a Fire!

8 Likes

Any interest in some Headbanger crosses or are there too many people releasing those lol?

I’m gonna make some stuff regardless for myself as I’ve wanted to do an Irene Banger for a few years but just curious what people think since there’s a new chase for sour type stuff.

Ass
Irene
Legend
Chernobyl
NN’s Blueberry
Giesel
Trinity

all to the Banger I thought could be some fun stuff.
the blueberry is a new one to me but it reminds me of the one I would pick up over a decade ago in NY. would be cool to try and make my own version of a blueberry headband type. don’t remember who made that one but it was a nice one that i always enjoyed.

legends a new one for me too but how could that cross be bad barring it’s not a full blown herm mess haha.

just trying not to be too redundant though cause i know doc d did some OG x Banger stuff, and Boston Roots did Sherbanger, Z Banger and some others…

15 Likes

A few banger crosses, cookie and cake dont count. That is almost heritical crossing headbanger to cookies.

Birthday Banger Headbanger x Birthday Cake
Chopper Headbanger x Flawless
A Streetcar Named Desire Cool Grapes x Headbanger
Jean Clouds Van Dam White Runtz F2 x Headbanger
Topanga Sour Kush {(Topanga Canyon Pure Kush x Triangle Kush) x (Romulan Peach x Northern Lights)} x Headbanger
Yokozuna Mac Stomper x Headbanger
Cookiehead Dosidos x Headbanger
Headmistress White 99 x Headbanger
Marmalade Pie {Zkittles x (Unknown Strain Shocktartz x Headbanger)} x Cara Cara Pie
Di Fruity Strawberry Guava x Headbanger

4 Likes

Thanks! It was a rough bit but we pulled through. The smoke on it is very sedative, but not couch lock, just relaxed as hell, with a very noticeable munchies onset.

1 Like