Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Hello BIG T.

Can I get clarity on you’re suggestion.

I should return to putting filter in tent, and pulling air THROUGH THE FILTER AND EXHAUSTING out of the tent?

Thanks

1 Like

Don’t give up man. Growing can be a bitch at times. I lost half of last years outdoor to bugs. I threw away a couple pounds straight into the garbage can. Keep at it and ask for any help you need. I think some people turn it into BHO or something. Listening the the potcast he jokes about no one getting PM cause they can turn it into extracts. Just get your environment figured out which it seems you have and start over if needed. Still cheaper than buying from a dispensary or dealer.

Take care.

3 Likes

He’s not giving up. Better not. LOL :wink: You know what your doing. Your getting close it took me years till I found Overgrow.

2 Likes

the majority of grow tent growers, a passive intake system works perfectly. Passive systems will actually not use an intake system. Instead, the inline exhaust fan will suck the air out of your tent creating a vacuum. This pulls in fresh air from the intake ports at the bottom of your tent .

3 Likes

Okay guys.

I just reorganized the filter / exhaust system

I also just cleaned the entire tent walls. Poles, electrical wires l ceiling and floor .

Also i made a spray out of this copper stuff…

I sprayed all the stalks and the leafs…I washed them after with a 9.0 ph water on paper towel

Not sure if I suppose to leave the solution on for a bit then wash, but I did It back To back. Sprayed then cleaned…bit of a rush job as I didn’t plan for this’…

I’m going to try this every week I guess .
It’s pretty upsetting , but Ive got the ventilation bumped up to full blast…so As the local guy told me k I’ll never get rid of it in till this harvest is done, but I can control it

What are Best solutions to clean tent walls?

1 Like

That’s how I used to do it. If you want to equalize the pressure an intake is good. I got positive pressure when I got the carbon filter on.

I’d spray the tent walls with the same stuff you did your plant. Then maybe clean with vinegar.

2 Likes

ATTACK! ATTACK! Atta boy!
I feel like you should be able to keep it under control. :crossed_fingers: keep up with your chores. I would like to see you finish.
I don’t no much about it. But is it OK to spray the buds with that stuff?

2 Likes

That’s what i did use. I just dipped it in paper towel and wiped away. Then did a once over with 9ph

And apparently you can use it up to one day before harvest…
I was pretty cautious about spraying the buds too heavily. I definitly did hit a few but mostly the leaves and stalk ,right from soil up.

It seems all fairly natural , organic compounds…!

1 Like

Awesome man. I’m glad your not giving up.

1 Like

I’d do a good wash when you harvest. I did it when I had afhids. I know theirs a recipe for pm cleaning as well. You basically dip of the buds in some 5 gallon pails in a certain order

1 Like

There’s a couple ways to go about it.

2 Likes

Well, THAT just got screenshotted!!

Thanks!!!

It would be hell to spray and wash every leaf and Inch of plant…

I can see why some chose to abort over attempt To control.

I’m glad I kept up on pruning and chopping all lower branches, a bit less work now.

But my lord that is a big extra step to add in after flushing and chopping down.

Definitly a few additional questions I’ll have to seek out if it comes to that.

I will keep everyone updated…glad I brought this up I guess, wasn’t too painful , but Good to know now…LED toxicity’ would be a dream

1 Like

Definitely read it. I just started the thread. I didn’t know what I was talking about. But it is pretty straight forward.
Do you have a dehumidifier in your basement?

1 Like

I don’t at the moment. I did last summer.

It never occured to me To run it over winter months. I had one borrowed .

But me and wife decided we are getting 2 now they we’re sold out everywhere last summer, so first thing we arre buying are dehumidifiers.

We had really my bad humidity in the house last years, and our region too. We had some nasty centipede baby’s so that is our main reason to them. They ars Ultra gross. RUN. Lol

So now I have another reason . Ontop of our health obviously .

Determined…
I found this on Amazon’s.

SAys it controls PM. A few positive reviews.ll…
I will also also order a pack of potassium bicarbonate

2 Likes

Pretty sure sulpher is top ingredient in that I have the same one.

Yes definite just checked.
Potassium salts and sulphur.

IS sulphur bad? Too much probably not good?

Sulpher is one of the best things to use in the fight against pm

You can get a concentrate version you mix your self and it goes a lot further, don’t see any on Amazon at the moment though.